This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hello!

I feel like I need to talk to someone who's actually gone through similar stuff. I don't feel like talking to my family, partner, friends or psychiatrist is helping. I feel like I'm falling apart even though I'm doing everything people told me to do that would help. I tried talking to the people in my life, I opened up to my partner I was taking my medication but the medicine just made me feel like a zombie, the people around me just couldn't understand what I was going through and why I wasn't getting better after so much time has passed. I'm not gonna write down my whole lifes story because that would take way too long. Only what's necessary to understand me.

Been passed between parents my whole life

Was bullied 

Suffered from depression, anxiety, panic attacks and insomnia since childhood

Self-harm stopped for a few years now struggling to stop again

I've been suicidal half my life (currently in my twenties)

Started taking xanax and anti-depressants tis year

Partner with narcissistic personality disorder

I'm on a self-destructive path and I don't know how to stop. I feel like I'm sinking deeper and deeper into a big black hole and know one knows or wants to pull me out from it. The only time I feel anything and feel free is when I drink and xanax and alcohol isn't a good mixture. A lot of times I have blackouts. I feel like I should be locked up in a mental hospital but everzone around me denise it. I also don't want to dissapoint the people around me. I also don't want people knowing these stuff about me. I just don't know what to do anymore. 

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Hi @Oizys Thank you so much for sharing with us - I know this isn't always easy to do so I know it can be a huge step. As you mentioned feeling suicidal in your life, can I just check in with you to ensure you are safe right now or do you have any plans?

Once we know you are safe, we can then give you more support. I really do hope to hear back from you soon. We are here to help you through.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• Digital Mentor
14 minutes ago, Oizys said:

I'm safe and don't plan on doing anything tomyself.

Thanks so much for clarifying and I'm glad to hear that. One of our support mentors will pick this up  soon and respond more fully.

• Digital Mentor

2 hours ago, Oizys said:

Hello!

I feel like I need to talk to someone who's actually gone through similar stuff. I don't feel like talking to my family, partner, friends or psychiatrist is helping. I feel like I'm falling apart even though I'm doing everything people told me to do that would help. I tried talking to the people in my life, I opened up to my partner I was taking my medication but the medicine just made me feel like a zombie, the people around me just couldn't understand what I was going through and why I wasn't getting better after so much time has passed. I'm not gonna write down my whole lifes story because that would take way too long. Only what's necessary to understand me.

Was bullied 

I'm on a self-destructive path and I don't know how to stop. I feel like I'm sinking deeper and deeper into a big black hole and know one knows or wants to pull me out from it. The only time I feel anything and feel free is when I drink and xanax and alcohol isn't a good mixture. A lot of times I have blackouts. I feel like I should be locked up in a mental hospital but everzone around me denise it. I also don't want to dissapoint the people around me. I also don't want people knowing these stuff about me. I just don't know what to do anymore. 

Hello @Oizys

Thank you for reaching out to us. It really sounds like you're going through a lot at the moment, but the fact that you are here and asking for help shows me how strong and resilient you are.  How does it feel to get all of this off your chest to us here? I noticed that you said you're safe at the moment which is amazing to hear. I'm wondering, what is helping you to stay safe at the moment? Take care and speak soon. 

3 hours ago, Oizys said:

I'm safe and don't plan on doing anything tomyself.

really pleased to hear this. Well done for expressing yourself and being brave and reaching out. I hope someone gets in touch with you soon to support you through this horrible time as you deserve support and i am pleased again that you've reached out and spotted you need support. sending warm hugs to you

• Like 1

Keep smiling beautiful 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:04 PM, Oizys said:

Hello!

Was bullied 

Hey, I’m proud that you’re reaching out. You said you wanted to talk with someone who’s gone through similar stuff, I’ve also had struggles. 
I'm 14 btw.

My brother sexually assaulted me multiple times when I was younger but I haven’t told anyone since he hasn’t tried anything in a couple years 

He lives with us and I act like everything’s fine and I’m trying my best to move on 

Suffered from panic attacks and depression 

Had suicidal thoughts since I was 12 and I still struggle with them 

Starting self harming a year ago but have tried hard to stop, can’t help myself sometimes when I’m stressed 

Each time I’ve tried reaching out I’ve been told it’s just a phase. My mum asks me what’s so bad about my life and I haven’t even told her anything. I saw a school counsellor who told me to deep breathe and think happy thoughts which I thought was quite funny at the time. I know it’s really hard and easy to do impulsive things when you’re not in a good place. There was one point where I went from feeling everything at once to nothing at all which is very scary. Each time I make it through because I have to for my parents and friends. I know it’s really hard. I’ve been turned away so many times when I’ve reached out but I’m waiting for a call from a therapist my doctor recommended me. I hope I can finally be open to someone about my struggles. At times I felt really low, talking to someone always helped. Whether you can do that with a friend online, someone you know or the free mental health helplines that are available, please reach out so you can make it through the night. Sometimes you really have to do stuff for you. If I had committed suicide back when I was 12 and had no friends with major social anxiety, I wouldn’t have meet the friends I have now. I wouldn’t have experienced all these things I have, even when half the time is still filled with pain and sad days. Looking back on myself makes me want to give that little girl a hug. I hope I can try my best and make it through days which seem meaningless. I wish you lots of luck.

• Digital Mentor

Hello @Alliexo

I'm really grateful that you have opened up to us here about your struggles, and you're absolutely right, talking to someone always helps. When we stay silent, we feel like we are carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders, so it's really good to offload and get help from others. I just want you to know that I've sent you a private message so we can talk there and give you support. I hope to hear back from you soon. Take care. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ada
      May 1st, 2021-November 26, 2021

Hey mom I'm doing a digital note because I forgot to bring a notebook. I wanted to write about this to your for a while but I never got a chance to. But recently I've just been really bothered by like my boys and weight and stuff and I don't know why or where it came from. I'm constantly checking my weight like several times a day and checking my bmi and looking stuff up to see if I'm like overweight or fat or not right or eating to much and ice just been really self conscious and I feel like I weigh a lot more than a lot of people and I know I'm tall but I feel like I weigh more than I should even for my age and height. I just can't get this stuff off my mind and I don't want to keep thinking about it because it comes to my mind whenever I'm eating something I like or anything at all or even just doing random things. It's just always on my mind no matter what. And I don't want to tell people because I feel like it's embarrassing but I just need to get this off my chest because it's just weighing down on me. I just don't really know what to do and if I do need to do something or if I'm ok or something I don't know. I know you've heard me say this a million times but I just want to be skinny. I want to have the body that so many girls at school have. They eat whatever and barely ever work out or exercise and yet they're all perfectly thin. Every day I wonder why I can't be skinny and pretty like all the other girls. I have so many other things to deal with and I wish I could just get this off my plate and deal with the other things. Maybe if I just eat better and work out a lot I'll be skinnier. Maybe if I had hair I would be pretty. At this point it's not even really about how pretty I am or whatever because I can't change that and I don't care anymore, but it's about my body because I can change that so I'm frustrated that I'm not doing enough to make it change. I know things take time but I'm scared that I'll being doing certain stuff and that stuff isn't the right things I should be doing so I'm just wasting time doing pointless things because I think that it's just taking time. I want to be able to wear all these clothes that people wear, but i don't even look good in them. When I look in the mirror I either say I look fine or bad. When I think my body looks fine even when it doesn't, I eat a bunch of crap just because I think that because I look fine I can do that, and if I think I look bad I just go cry and I hate myself and overthink everything and tell myself everything I hate about myself in a way it is like I'm punishing myself because I don't like my body. I want to look at myself in the mirror and just be like hey your body looks nice. In all honesty for once it's really not about what other people think because I really don't care about that anymore. It's about what I think. I want to be confident in myself and I want to change for me because I'm tired of this stuff taking over every second of my life that I could be spending doing something better. I don't want to be at my rehearsals just thinking about how someone else would be better as sharpay because they are skinnier. I spend time thinking about ridiculous stuff like how I probably won't look good in the out fits and that my waist it too wide and I'm not skinny enough or I hope this dress or shirt in the show won't be too tight because then that's all I will think about. I can't enjoy myself when I'm not even comfortable in my own skin, and I want to be. I don't want to stay the same, I want to change. I want to love my body, but not the one I have right now. I was feeling really good about myself and my body earlier but I just looked at my body again right now and now I'm just on my couch crying. I just want to be skinny. I want it so bad and people tell me I'm just a kid and I don't need to worry but that doesn't make me stop worrying. All these girls at my school eat whatever and never even work out or exercise that much and yet they are skinny and thin. Why don't I get that. I'm working so hard but I keep looking in the mirror or camera or any piece of glass I see and all my progress just comes crashing down. If I look in the mirror and like what I see I make the dumb choice of telling myself that it means I get to eat a bunch of crap because I look good enough and if I don't like what I see I get into the mind set of wanting to starve myself and I just get depressed. I hate myself. I wish my face wasn't so wide, my eyes were bigger, my nose was skinny and small, my chin wasn't so Invisible, I was skinny, I had straight white teeth, I had long pretty hair, nice eyebrows, more freckles, a smaller waist. I want to cry and I hate myself. I wish I was pretty. I wish I could just die and come back as the same person except prettier. Every day I wonder why I can't be skinny and pretty like everyone else. My nose is to big, my face is to round, my eyebrows are weird, I'm too tall not and not skinny enough. And I also have been loosing my hair which doesn't help the situation.  I have so many other  things to deal with and I wish I could just get this off .y plate and deal with the other things. Maybe if I just eat better and work out a lot I'll be skinnier. Maybe if I had hair I would be pretty. And I scroll through social media and I try to be positive but how is everyone pretty? EVERYONE. and I'm not just saying like oh I'm ugly, I am 99.9% sure that I am genuinely unattractive which is the worst thing ever because I just want people to like me. I just want the clothes that people wear to look good on me. I want to just be a normal teen without having to deal with my hair loss too. People tell me I'm pretty but it's just pity. I can tell when people are lying. Even my own mom said "well you have some attractive features" and that's all. I just need help because I can't do this anymore and I don't have someone I can say all of this to. I do t know what to do 
      I'm just so tired of this. I don't care how my face looks I just want a different body. I have rehearsals for my musical soon and I just wish I could be skinny because I can never enjoy anything anymore because I would worry if the costume would look good enough on my and I won't take pictures and I just want to be skinny so so so so bad.Sometimes I just want to starve .myself and then for once be told that I need to gain weight instead of loose it and the fact that I have that thought is just sick. Then I could gain back the weight I need and be perfect. And maybe confident. I just want to be confident and not care. I don't want to be ignorant but I want to loose weight u til I'm thin but still healthy and just be confident and live my life. I keep taking pictures of myself and drawing lines of how I want to beI'm just altering myself to show myself how horrible I am so that way maybe I'll have motivation and tell myself that I am ugly and fat.

• By Haart
      Hello. My name is Haart, and I find myself in a difficult situation and in need of some advice.
      I met my girlfriend online last January, and we have been a couple since June. We live in the opposite sides of the World, and is therefore in a long distance relationship. 
      In September, I managed to visit her for a week, and we both had an amazing time, but shortly after I returned home, my girlfriend entered a deep state of depression. 
      She has a history of mental issues, especially major depression and genetical(?) anxiety, and she has tried to take her own life on a couple of occasions in the past. 
      My girlfriend has tried to explain that since she was in such a "high" of happiness for the week I visited, she fell hard and is now in a "dip". 
      A lot has been going on in her life recently, with internet problems reducing our contact, being forced to move, as well as physical illness.
      Lately, the sudden change in our relationship as well as stress from the university has really taken a toll on me. Whenever I think about her, I start missing her immensely, and I've been crying almost every day for the last three weeks,  missing the connection we used to have.
      Since she's in this "dip", my own self image is crumbling. I can't stop thinking that I'm doing something wrong, and I blame myself for us not being in this amazing relationship we had before I visited her. 
      I understand that my girlfriend is going through a though time, and I really want to know how to handle the situation with her depression. Is there anything I can do to help her? How can I show her that I care and love her even when she's in this state? In general; how should I act, how should I treat her, what can I do? 
      At the same time, I can't ignore my own feelings. How can I balance being the supporting boyfriend while also not breaking completely? I've told her how I feel, but don't want to bother her with my struggles when she's going through this. She says that she wants me to talk about it, but when I tell her my worries and anxieties, she keeps blaming herself, and when I express that I feel like a horrible person, she mirrors my emotions and starts dragging herself through the dirt. 
      What can I do? I feel like the situation is so mentally challenging, and crying every day and feeling like I've failed and that I'm not enough is tearing at me. 
      I've booked a new trip to visit her in December, and I will be staying there for a month. I'm worried about what happens if she's still in the "dip" while I'm there. 
      Does anyone have any good advice  on how to handle this?
      I'm really sorry that this is all a lot at once. I just don't know what to do, and I need help. 
    • By trimkeyboard7878
      So this summer was pretty awesome, I relaxed by the pool a lot and everything was pretty chill. I do a girl scout type thing and I switched troops this year (I started in this troop moved to one closer to my house and then moved back to the first one this year) and I was re-introduced to the troop at something right before our annual summer camp that is for a lot of troops I go the day before it starts because my mom is apart of the nursing team at camp, the first day of camp you get settled in your assigned cabin, do a swim test, and a knife safety class. It started pouring rain during the swim test so my new troop and I ran to the cabin and waited it out, while it was still raining we had to go to knife safety, I was in the class right after the rest of them so I went with them and waited outside of the covered pavilion (the rain had stopped by the time we got to the class.)  I was stressed by the swim test quite a bit, I was processing my bff coming out as lesbian (it was surprising i'm not homophobic i'm now bisexual)  and was just stressed in general and had an anxiety attack. One of the leaders from my new troop (who's family I had stayed in touch with through the 4 years i was in the other troop) saw that I was struggling and asked me what was wrong, before that point I had never opened up or told anybody about my anxiety I said to her that I had anxiety and that I was having an anxiety attack, she calmed me down, gave me a hug and told me that she has anxiety to, I instantly didn't feel so alone anymore and I felt that I could open up about things and be open about everything anxiety related, with her at least. She made sure I was ok during my knife safety class and I was left to do the rest of my day. I struggled with anxiety the whole week and she was understanding bout it, I had never been treated like that before and it was amazing, I stuck close by her the whole week and she even helped me realize that I have a hidden talent that I didn't even now about, I'm good at archery (she taught it at camp and I knew i liked it but hadn't done it in a while.) She told me about an archery club team that she was starting with another leader (who happened to be my amazing friend's mother) and I was excited about it. Later in the week we got to do a high ropes course, I had tried earlier in the week but had chickened out but I love the zip line so the camp director (who also happened to be the mother of another friend lol) let me just do the zip line or even the high ropes if I wanted, I was up there and we were going to be up for about 2 hours and it was fun for about the first hour, one of my friends (second archery person's kid) was getting really scared about something I was up on the tower about 7 feet away from her and after she got off the thing she was on and I gave her a hug, her mother was there and said "Thank you Natasha (thats not my name btw) you are an amazing friend" and her saying that made me happy. I was helping my friend calm down when another friend was struggling on the course and had to be taken off, to make an extremely long story a little bit shorter she had to go to the hospital, the leader that had been haling me with stuff all week went with her and I felt more alone then ever, all of the girls that were on the course that were in our troop went back to the cabin and cried together, I didn't know that the leader had to with her until later. I felt alone just because they all knew her better then I did and I thought that I had royally screwed up or something and I wanted everything to be ok, the leader came back to camp that night and wanted to come check on us immediately to make sure we were ok but another leader made her eat dinner first because she had missed dinner and when she came into our cabin the other girls were chanting Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! before realizing who it was (we had been promised chocolate 2 hours earlier) But I ran up and hugged her, I had written her a letter and given it to her with instructions to read it before she went to bed that night, the next morning at breakfast I asked her if she read it and if she could actually read my handwriting (its really bad) she said that she really loved my letter and that she could read my handwriting. Now I see her almost every week between scouts and archery and I write her notes and letters a lot. My other archery coach's kid is one of my best friends and she has helped me learn more about myself and she accepts me for who i am (well I havn't told her i'm Bi yet so lets see how this goes!) 
    • By Charlotte115
      I've been self harming for 4 years now and don't know how to cope with it, people say that if you keep silent about how you feel it can be bad on your mental health, well i have kept silent and I feel depressed and i have panic attacks now and again.  Sometimes i feel suicidal too.  I just want someone to help me and give me some good advice on how i can cope with this.
    • By hopefulone
      I am feeling depressed every day. I am having self harm urges.  My mom found out about my self harm. Last month she took away the tools I used to self harm with. Last night I was crying for hours and I cried myself to sleep. I feel hopeless. 
      How can I cope with depression and self harm urges?