should i come out?

yeehawhanna    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

Hi, my name is Hannah and i am 12 years old. I read lots of these comments and also saw younger people than me. The thing is that, im scared to come out to my mom — not because im scared that she will not accept me. Im scared because of my age… im so young… what if it is a phase? what if i actually dont like women? what if this is all just to be “popular”. My brain is confused and i dont even know if i want to label myself… because im not sure who i am . I KNOW that i am not straight, for sure. But my brain confuses itsself and makes me want to question EVERYTHING. I think i am bisexual or lesbian. How should i come out? Or when? Sometimes i just have this URGE to tell it to my grandmom, but then i remind myself that “what if never looks at me the same” and then how young i am again… please help, im desperate😫.

• Solution

Hey @yeehawhanna

Welcome to our community :)

I'm one of the support mentors here and I give advice to our members who reach out to us. 

I just want you to know that we are here for you; you are not alone and you can speak to us about anything at all. I completely get the doubts you're having; I think that for anyone who questions at a young age, it is pretty common to think this way. I usually say to people in your situation that there is no harm in waiting; you can hold off until you're sure of your sexuality, or you can even tell people that you're questioning. Both options are really helpful. What do you think? 

• Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey @yeehawhanna

I'm glad to hear that the advice helped you. Do you have an idea as to what you might do next then? Also, it's okay to not know too. You can take your time with this. Speak soon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Monsoon
This post was recognized by Monsoon!

Stormy_Skies was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 5 points.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:54 AM, yeehawhanna said:

Hi, my name is Hannah and i am 12 years old. I read lots of these comments and also saw younger people than me. The thing is that, im scared to come out to my mom — not because im scared that she will not accept me. Im scared because of my age… im so young… what if it is a phase? what if i actually dont like women? what if this is all just to be “popular”. My brain is confused and i dont even know if i want to label myself… because im not sure who i am . I KNOW that i am not straight, for sure. But my brain confuses itsself and makes me want to question EVERYTHING. I think i am bisexual or lesbian. How should i come out? Or when? Sometimes i just have this URGE to tell it to my grandmom, but then i remind myself that “what if never looks at me the same” and then how young i am again… please help, im desperate😫.

The thing is, fakers fake consciously. I had this phase of “am I faking” too. We all did, but if you’re even questioning it, you’re probably not. Trust yourself. Maybe you like girls. Maybe your label will change, maybe your label will stay the same, you don’t know. Enjoy the ride and know that you are not a faker.

• Like 1