This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Heavy emotion, Mental Illness

Honestly I don't think many people like me (SAD VENT)

turtledoveinthedark Β  Β 
Go to solution Solved by Megs-,

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Heavy emotion, Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Ah depression is flaring its ugly head again and the intrusive thought of the day isΒ no one likes me. I know I sound like such a stupid middle school novel protagonist for that, but hear me out. At school, all my friends have other friends I don't really click with who are more fun or interesting to them than I am. Teachers aren't mean, but they don't have room to develop a relationship with every student. I get home drained and act immature because I'm experiencing intense derealization during the daily anxiety spell, and then my parents act like I'm tiring or annoying, or maybe just foolish. I cry easily at stupid things and I hate it. I know my sister judges me for it- she thinks I'm too sensitive, a baby. And with the mental health flopping so drastically day to day, one day I'll love myself and the next day it's a struggle to look in the mirror and not want to punch it. So even I don't like myself half the time. Well there is my vent. Sorry you wasted your time reading the whining of a random person.

Edited by turtledoveinthedark
  • Hug 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Heavy emotion, Mental Illness

4 hours ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

Ah depression is flaring its ugly head again and the intrusive thought of the day isΒ no one likes me. I know I sound like such a stupid middle school novel protagonist for that, but hear me out. At school, all my friends have other friends I don't really click with who are more fun or interesting to them than I am. Teachers aren't mean, but they don't have room to develop a relationship with every student. I get home drained and act immature because I'm experiencing intense derealization during the daily anxiety spell, and then my parents act like I'm tiring or annoying, or maybe just foolish. I cry easily at stupid things and I hate it. I know my sister judges me for it- she thinks I'm too sensitive, a baby. And with the mental health flopping so drastically day to day, one day I'll love myself and the next day it's a struggle to look in the mirror and not want to punch it. So even I don't like myself half the time. Well there is my vent. Sorry you wasted your time reading the whining of a random person.

Hey, I just want to reassure you that you’re not whining - depression is exhausting and affects so many parts of our lives.

Our mentors are on leave this weekend but @LennieΒ will respond on Monday. Β We’re here to support you.

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey, I just want to reassure you that you’re not whining - depression is exhausting and affects so many parts of our lives.

Our mentors are on leave this weekend but @LennieΒ will respond on Monday. Β We’re here to support you.

Thank you 🧑

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

Sending you hugs πŸ«‚, you’re not alone!

• Like 2

• Solution
Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

Megs- was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 15 points.

Depression can make us think that no- one likes us, which isn’t true because we all like you and care about you! From personal experience with ups and downs, our mood can be very temperamental which can be very difficult because we want to be okay every day. I know how difficult it is from lived experience with one minute everything seems okay then it’s very overwhelming the next. You’re not sensitive or foolish, it’s okay to cry. Crying can release a lot of emotions that we’re feeling and can help us feel better. I’m so incredibly sorry that you’re going through this, I know it might not seem it but things will get better. You have us behind you, we’ll always be here for you! You can always tag me in a post and i’ll be happy to talk to you about whatever is troubling you, you matter to me and everyone at Ditch The Label, you’re a lovely person who’s going through an awful lot, you’re deserving of support. You can always talk to the lovely digital mentors over at Confidential support if you would prefer support without other community members seeing your posts. No matter what, you’re amazing and I care about you. Sending you positive thoughts and hugs! Take good care of yourself, you deserve a happy life! Hugs πŸ«‚Β 

Take good care of yourself, you matter 🌟 

Megs 🀍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Megs- said:

Depression can make us think that no- one likes us, which isn’t true because we all like you and care about you! From personal experience with ups and downs, our mood can be very temperamental which can be very difficult because we want to be okay every day. I know how difficult it is from lived experience with one minute everything seems okay then it’s very overwhelming the next. You’re not sensitive or foolish, it’s okay to cry. Crying can release a lot of emotions that we’re feeling and can help us feel better. I’m so incredibly sorry that you’re going through this, I know it might not seem it but things will get better. You have us behind you, we’ll always be here for you! You can always tag me in a post and i’ll be happy to talk to you about whatever is troubling you, you matter to me and everyone at Ditch The Label, you’re a lovely person who’s going through an awful lot, you’re deserving of support. You can always talk to the lovely digital mentors over at Confidential support if you would prefer support without other community members seeing your posts. No matter what, you’re amazing and I care about you. Sending you positive thoughts and hugs! Take good care of yourself, you deserve a happy life! Hugs πŸ«‚Β 

Take good care of yourself, you matter 🌟 

Megs 🀍

Thank you for these kind words! 🧑 You're always so supportive and it really means a lot. How's your day going? I'm loving the cool fall weather where I'm at. πŸ‚

• Hug 1

Just now, turtledoveinthedark said:

Thank you for these kind words! 🧑 You're always so supportive and it really means a lot. How's your day going? I'm loving the cool fall weather where I'm at. πŸ‚

Heya, im okay! Thank you so much for checking on me, how lovely of you! Aww, yes I agree, the weather is starting to get very chilly here! How are you lovely?🀍

Just now, Megs- said:

Heya, im okay! Thank you so much for checking on me, how lovely of you! Aww, yes I agree, the weather is starting to get very chilly here! How are you lovely?🀍

Today's going better! The weekend feels nice after a long first school week. Got a good book too πŸ“–πŸ˜

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

Today's going better! The weekend feels nice after a long first school week. Got a good book too πŸ“–πŸ˜

Oh how amazing 🀩! Love a new book, have you started reading it? I’m glad the weekend feels great, means you’ve worked incredibly hard during the week. So proud of you!

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor

On 9/7/2024 at 4:45 AM, turtledoveinthedark said:

I can see that @Megs-Β has already been giving you great support and I'm glad to hear that you felt better over the weekend.Β Β I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing today, now that you're back at school? Also, I noticed that you mentioned that you have depression. Do you mind me asking, if you are getting any support with your mental health? If so, are you finding it helpful?Β 

Staff-Account.png

13 hours ago, Aurora said:

I can see that @Megs-Β has already been giving you great support and I'm glad to hear that you felt better over the weekend.Β Β I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing today, now that you're back at school? Also, I noticed that you mentioned that you have depression. Do you mind me asking, if you are getting any support with your mental health? If so, are you finding it helpful?Β 

Thank you for checking in! Today was a good day and school overall has been ok. I probably shouldn't say I have depression, because I haven't been formally diagnosed, but I've had symptoms for years that strongly align with depression and anxiety. At the moment, I haven't talked to my parents about my mental health, but I have a plan in place in case things get to where I can't cope alone. Some days are uphill, but I guess that's the only way to rise!

• Digital Mentor

11 hours ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

Thank you for checking in! Today was a good day and school overall has been ok. I probably shouldn't say I have depression, because I haven't been formally diagnosed, but I've had symptoms for years that strongly align with depression and anxiety. At the moment, I haven't talked to my parents about my mental health, but I have a plan in place in case things get to where I can't cope alone. Some days are uphill, but I guess that's the only way to rise!

Hi @turtledoveinthedarkΒ - I'm glad to hear you had a good day at schoolΒ πŸ™‚

Do you mind me asking if talking things through with your parents is part of this plan? Of course, no need to answer this if you'd rather not.

Also, remember that if you ever want to speak with a mentor 1-2-1, you can always contact us over at Confidential Support (https://forums.ditchthelabel.org/support)