Luie    

• Digital Mentor

Heyy Everyone! 😄 As the year wraps up, it's the perfect moment to look back and see how your last 12 months went. Now, there is definitely not a one-size-fits-all definition of a "good year," BUT there are some general principles you can use to evaluate your progress and satisfaction.

Here are five ways to check how your year has gone, along with some questions to guide you in reflecting on how the past year unfolded: 

1. Check in on your well-being. How's your vibe lately? Are you feeling healthy and energised? How's your overall outlook on life? 
  2. Think about your personal relationships (This includes romantic and otherwise). Have you deepened connections with people that you value? Met some cool new connections perhaps? Do you feel the love and support from those around you?
  3. Look at your personal growth. Any new skills or knowledge gained? Tackled fresh challenges? Levelled up in responsibilities?
  4. Reflect on your goals. Making strides? Overcoming hurdles? Getting that sense of accomplishment?
  5. Check your happiness level. On a scale from 1 to 10, how's life treating you? What things make you happy and satisfied? Are there any areas where you feel you could improve your happiness?

Life is like a rollercoaster with its ups and downs, and that's totally normal. If this year threw some challenges your way, there's a good chance you've also had moments of growth and happiness in different areas, I know that I have for sure. Let's take a moment to look back on all parts of your life and savour those positive moments. And hey, if you're thinking about 2024, there's no pressure to reinvent yourself. You're already doing great, we at DTL are proud of each one of you – keep smashing it! 

Group Hug Team GIF by Disney Channel

• Like 4

Staff-Account.png

I like this! I'll definitely use those questions to reflect on my year!

• Digital Mentor
On 12/4/2023 at 9:25 PM, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

I like this! I'll definitely use those questions to reflect on my year!

Glad you will @Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once, do share it if you'd like or want to think out loud!

Staff-Account.png

In that case I'll share my reflection to these questions--why not!

1. Check in on your well-being. How's your vibe lately? Are you feeling healthy and energised? How's your overall outlook on life? 

I've been feeling ok lately, some days better than others. I think I've definitely been cranky with my family and more than delightful around my friends lol. I am actually not feeling healthy OR energized...way too many treats this time of year...detox coming in the New Year! And as for my outlook on life--eh it's not great. What with school, and other activities, and overthinking and existential crises...not feeling too great about life right now.

2. Think about your personal relationships (This includes romantic and otherwise). Have you deepened connections with people that you value? Met some cool new connections perhaps? Do you feel the love and support from those around you?

That is an interesting question. I feel like I've definitely deepened my friendships, both from childhood and in school. I've been able to share a lot of things with them this year, from coming out, to sharing thoughts and feelings, to talking about random silly things and laughing together. HOWEVER, my relationship with my parents has been a bit strained and I haven't been the nicest to them, which makes me sad sometimes but other times I'm angry and feel like they deserve it. I'm planning on working on this though--especially on open communication with them. (As for romantic relationships, none for me although I am a very romantic person lol. Will wait for my person no matter how long it takes :) )

3. Look at your personal growth. Any new skills or knowledge gained? Tackled fresh challenges? Levelled up in responsibilities?

Ooh, I like this one. Lots of new knowledge gained thanks to IB1 lol, but also just new realizations and discoveries about myself over the year. I've changed a lot. And stayed the same a lot too. I've dealt with coming out to my parents, setting goals for sports, and I've learned how to crochet! I'm also becoming more skilled at opening up and trying to share my emotions with the people I care about.

4. Reflect on your goals. Making strides? Overcoming hurdles? Getting that sense of accomplishment?

Yes! Sort of. With my hobbies and extracurriculars I've made immense progress--feeling great and confident about that! School is a different story, but is challenging enough to make me feel that every assignment is an accomplishment.

5. Check your happiness level. On a scale from 1 to 10, how's life treating you? What things make you happy and satisfied? Are there any areas where you feel you could improve your happiness?

Um. Another interesting question. Life's treating me at about a 10 for providing me with my basic needs and lots of luxury items, activities, and opportunities for improvement but mental health-wise about a 4 or 5. Writing creatively for hours, running, figure skating, and laughing with friends all make me feel happy, along with good food (give me chocolate or muffins or some carrots with peanut butter and I will be  on the moon!) As for improving my happiness, could probably do that in regards to my family--there has been a lot of tension lately--and probably in regards to school as well because it has been stressful these past few months but learning new things makes me happy and gives me a sense of satisfaction so I'm going to pursue that happiness again!