Coming Out as a MTF Transgender

- Sofia - Β  Β 

Β 

Hello everyone,

I've been a member of the transgender community for a while now and I wanted to share something personal with you all. I am a MTF transgender person. This means that I was assigned male at birth but my gender identity is female. I have been going through a lot of emotional turmoil lately and I have decided that it's time for me to come out and be true to myself. And I don't know how should I come out.

I know that not everyone will understand or accept me, but I hope that by sharing my story, I can help others who may be going through something similar. I would really appreciate your support and understanding as I navigate this journey.

Thank you, Sofia

Β 

• Like 3
  • Pride 2

14 hours ago, - Sofia - said:

Hello everyone,

I've been a member of the transgender community for a while now and I wanted to share something personal with you all. I am a MTF transgender person. This means that I was assigned male at birth but my gender identity is female. I have been going through a lot of emotional turmoil lately and I have decided that it's time for me to come out and be true to myself. And I don't know how should I come out.

I know that not everyone will understand or accept me, but I hope that by sharing my story, I can help others who may be going through something similar. I would really appreciate your support and understanding as I navigate this journey.

Thank you, Sofia

Hey,

can I ask who it is you want to come out to? If it’s your friends then I would bring up a conversation about if you were to come out and see there reaction, then you’ll know if it would go alright if you came out to them, how does that sound?

if it’s your parents I would suggest you bring up a conversation about if you was to come out and to see there reaction, you could write them a note and explain that you want to come out, you could send them a text message too. How does that sound?

LeilaΒ 

2 hours ago, _Leila_ said:

Hey,

can I ask who it is you want to come out to? If it’s your friends then I would bring up a conversation about if you were to come out and see there reaction, then you’ll know if it would go alright if you came out to them, how does that sound?

if it’s your parents I would suggest you bring up a conversation about if you was to come out and to see there reaction, you could write them a note and explain that you want to come out, you could send them a text message too. How does that sound?

LeilaΒ 

Β 

Hi Leila,

Thank you for reaching out and offering your support. I really appreciate it. I am still trying to figure out the best way to come out to my friends and family. Your suggestion about starting a conversation to gauge their reactions and possibly writing a note or sending a text message is very helpful. I will consider these options and take it from there.

Thank you again for your support, it means a lot to me.

Sofia

Β 

• Hug 1

33 minutes ago, - Sofia - said:

Hi Leila,

Thank you for reaching out and offering your support. I really appreciate it. I am still trying to figure out the best way to come out to my friends and family. Your suggestion about starting a conversation to gauge their reactions and possibly writing a note or sending a text message is very helpful. I will consider these options and take it from there.

Thank you again for your support, it means a lot to me.

Sofia

I’m always here for you ❀️

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, - Sofia - said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you, Sofia

Heyy @-Sofia-, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. Firstly, a massive welcome to our community and the DTL platform. It's great to have you join us.Β 

Thank you for sharing your identity with us, coming out to yourself and gradually accepting it does take a while. Additionally, it takes a whole lot of courage to made a decision on sharing your truth with others, proud of you for wanting to take this step. I hear you on going through an emotional turmoil, I am sure it'sΒ  mixed bag of emotions and having to navigate through it all can be scary. I do want to say that we at DTL are LGBTQI+ community supporters so your thoughts and feelings are encouraged in this safe space.Β 

About coming out, @_Leila_Β who is one of our members has mentioned a few suggestions which I see you found useful, that great. However, before speaking to friends and family, what I want to check with you is about your overall physical safety? The reason is because at times you might be surrounded with people who have strong views about people and their sexuality and identityΒ which does not translate well into safety, so please do let us know about this. Do let me know how all of this sounds to you so far?

P.s. We do have confidential support (top tab next to blogs), where the support mentors including myself provide one to one support if you would prefer that, do feel free to shoot us a message there. We are here for you.Β 

Staff-Account.png

• 9 months later...
On 1/28/2023 at 11:05 AM, - Sofia - said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you, Sofia

that rocks im happy for u!!!! :)Β