✨p r o n o u n s✨ (help)

TinyDinos    

I’ve been cis for my whole life up until 5mins ago when I saw a label for myself as she/they and it actually made me really happy. I felt almost calmer seeing it. I’ve never once questioned my pronouns and I’m not sure if I really identify as she/they, but I really can’t experiment with anyone irl. What should I do?

Everyone’s help is appreciated ❤️

• Yaaas 1

2 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

I’ve been cis for my whole life up until 5mins ago when I saw a label for myself as she/they and it actually made me really happy. I felt almost calmer seeing it. I’ve never once questioned my pronouns and I’m not sure if I really identify as she/they, but I really can’t experiment with anyone irl. What should I do?

Everyone’s help is appreciated ❤️

I'd say, try using it here and if you think it suits you then go for it. Think on it a bit and you might realize you really prefer it or don't really, after time

• Like 1

Just now, Emberfrost12 said:

I'd say, try using it here and if you think it suits you then go for it. Think on it a bit and you might realize you really prefer it or don't really, after time

Thank you I’ll try that ❤️

18 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

Thank you I’ll try that ❤️

And for the record, there are lots of cis girls who use she/they too

17 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

And for the record, there are lots of cis girls who use she/they too

Oh I didn’t know. This came on very suddenly for me and kinda made me do a double take. Admittedly I don’t know much about the Transgender community and I want to be better informed so I can ask questions respectfully. Up until now I’ve just used the general rule of treat people how you want to be treated y’know? I appreciate your patience and replies. ❤️

5 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

Oh I didn’t know. This came on very suddenly for me and kinda made me do a double take. Admittedly I don’t know much about the Transgender community and I want to be better informed so I can ask questions respectfully. Up until now I’ve just used the general rule of treat people how you want to be treated y’know? I appreciate your patience and replies. ❤️

one thing i can say is that cis folks can also use whatever prns they want. gender neutral prns are not exclusive for the trans community; you only need to find which ones fit and use it freely. there shouldnt be any restrictions on who can use what prns

36 minutes ago, mivoei said:

one thing i can say is that cis folks can also use whatever prns they want. gender neutral prns are not exclusive for the trans community; you only need to find which ones fit and use it freely. there shouldnt be any restrictions on who can use what prns

I genuinely had no idea. Like I mentioned in my other post I didn’t want to be disrespectful because of the fact I’m simply uneducated. I really appreciate y’all’s patience and advice 💕

• Like 1

you don't need to 'identify' as your pronouns, you can use any pronouns you like regardless of your gender! :) you aren't being disrespectful to anyone by using pronouns that feel right for you. if you feel like a she/they then you are a she/they! they aren't exclusive to trans/nonbinary people. if you want to get more educated, you can look into trans and nonbinary identities, there's a lot of cool trans/enby creators online who make educational content. 

• Like 1

on a side note, i think reading up on trans/enby identities could be helpful for you if you want to question your identity a little. i think questioning your gender can be a good way to understand yourself better, even if you end up still identifying as cis afterwards :) no pressure though, this should be your own decision, made on your own terms and in your own time ❤️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, peanutbutterstruggles said:

you don't need to 'identify' as your pronouns, you can use any pronouns you like regardless of your gender! :) you aren't being disrespectful to anyone by using pronouns that feel right for you. if you feel like a she/they then you are a she/they! they aren't exclusive to trans/nonbinary people. if you want to get more educated, you can look into trans and nonbinary identities, there's a lot of cool trans/enby creators online who make educational content. 

Thank you so much this is really helpful ❤️

• Like 1