Fluid Sexuality?

Retroraccoon25!    

I recently posted on a similar topic but I have a different question. I’m trying to figure out if I’m bi or not (without experimenting) but i go through phases. For a couple months at a time I’ll think k could be bi, but then for the next couple months (give or take- I don’t keep track) I’ll think I’m straight. Like idk, I just go through periods of different feelings. 

Can sexuality be fluid? I know of people who honestly believe they were attracted to a man for a long time, but are now lesbian. Can you change your sexual preferences. Honestly just a question

hey there! I'm here to help. yes, you can change your preference, you can change it whenever its comfortable for you. sexuality is a spectrum and somedays that spectrum varies. I am still deciding whether or not I should come out I've been confused for over 5 years and only in 2022 have started to reconsider. sexuality is fluid. an omnisexual is bi but their preferences change from time to time. an abrosexual is pan and their sexuality changes from time to time too. just do little research you might find what you need. and if you need any help or need to talk to someone I'm here 😊

17 hours ago, Retroraccoon25! said:

I recently posted on a similar topic but I have a different question. I’m trying to figure out if I’m bi or not (without experimenting) but i go through phases. For a couple months at a time I’ll think k could be bi, but then for the next couple months (give or take- I don’t keep track) I’ll think I’m straight. Like idk, I just go through periods of different feelings. 

Can sexuality be fluid? I know of people who honestly believe they were attracted to a man for a long time, but are now lesbian. Can you change your sexual preferences. Honestly just a question

I do think that sexuality can be fluid. Sometimes it can be fluid in a certain range that remains constant, and sometimes it can completely change. You cannot change your sexual preferences, but your sexual preferences can change.  Hope this helps, if you have another question, feel free to ask

4 hours ago, anais.brde said:

hey there! I'm here to help. yes, you can change your preference, you can change it whenever its comfortable for you. sexuality is a spectrum and somedays that spectrum varies. I am still deciding whether or not I should come out I've been confused for over 5 years and only in 2022 have started to reconsider. sexuality is fluid. an omnisexual is bi but their preferences change from time to time. an abrosexual is pan and their sexuality changes from time to time too. just do little research you might find what you need. and if you need any help or need to talk to someone I'm here 😊

I just want to say that omnisexual is not necessarily bi, and abro is not necessarily pan.

1 hour ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I just want to say that omnisexual is not necessarily bi, and abro is not necessarily pan.

Hi! I’m just replying because I’m looking for clarification between the two. Online it says omnisexual is liking people of all gender and sexual orientations, whereas abro is fluid sexuality throughout your life. Is this accurate? I know sometimes articles online don’t always get it right so I’m jw. 

5 hours ago, anais.brde said:

Thank you! I’ll definitely look into those. I just get worried because some people in the lgbt community don’t like microlabels and think it hurts the community as a whole (is omni or abro even a micro label? idk lol) but maybe now because the community includes lgbtqia+ that would include this. Thank you for the advice!!! 

3 hours ago, Retroraccoon25! said:

Hi! I’m just replying because I’m looking for clarification between the two. Online it says omnisexual is liking people of all gender and sexual orientations, whereas abro is fluid sexuality throughout your life. Is this accurate? I know sometimes articles online don’t always get it right so I’m jw. 

Omnisexual is having the ability to like any gender and sexuality, but with a preference that can change, but can always have exceptions. Abro is fluid sexuality that you can only like someone within a range that changes over time

• Like 1