Bisexual girls, do you have any tips on how to know if you're bi? How did you realize that?

Lula Β  Β 

I'm really confused and don't know if I actually like girls and feel attracted to them or if I just think they're pretty or jealous.

Do you have any tips or suggestions on how to know the difference? I have a boyfriend do I can't really experiment..

• Like 1

It varies for different people, but when I think about it, it hasn't just been boys I've also liked girls in the past and just realising that can be stressful, dm me if you want to talkΒ 

Honestly I’m in a similar situation. I tentatively thing I’m straight, though I feel like I’m not completely. I’m just confused. I think some girls are are like super pretty and think girls are hot and I am sexually attracted to them. I can see myself doing that stuff with them but I can’t picture myself marrying one. Idk if that’s because it has been ingrained in my head that marriages are between men and women or if I am just straight. I have a boyfriend who I love very much so I also can’t experiment .

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 7:11 AM, Retroraccoon25! said:

Honestly I’m in a similar situation. I tentatively thing I’m straight, though I feel like I’m not completely. I’m just confused. I think some girls are are like super pretty and think girls are hot and I am sexually attracted to them. I can see myself doing that stuff with them but I can’t picture myself marrying one. Idk if that’s because it has been ingrained in my head that marriages are between men and women or if I am just straight. I have a boyfriend who I love very much so I also can’t experiment .

Maybe you're just sexually attracted to girls and not romantically?

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 12:11 AM, Retroraccoon25! said:

That’s LITERALLY how i feel, I imagine myself doing things with other girls and kinda taking it to another level..but then get scared because…i can’t see myself marrying another girl, It’s not how i β€œplanned” my future to be but idk im just confused.

For me, I mostly realized, because of my crushes on my girl friends. I was always attracted to girls, but more attracted to guys. As others mentioned before, I can't really imagine myself marrying a girl,Β  even tho I can imagine going out with one.Β  I think it's because of a falsch idea, that got planted into my mind from a young age, only seeing straight marriages around me. So, even tho I only had a boyfriend before, I do really want to have experience with girls. You see, the feeling I get, well, I just feel my heart flutter, like, you kinda know, you don't just want to be friends with a girl. And the bad part is, that my biggest girl crushes are always on friends (who are mostly straight), I really need an emotional connection before fully liking a girl, which I don't need with guys. It's really strange. Another thing about realizing my sexuality: I tried to convince myself and my friends about me being straight for so long, but it just felt painful, like I'm lying to everyone. It just felt off.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 6:40 PM, fluture said:

For me, I mostly realized, because of my crushes on my girl friends. I was always attracted to girls, but more attracted to guys. As others mentioned before, I can't really imagine myself marrying a girl,Β  even tho I can imagine going out with one.Β  I think it's because of a falsch idea, that got planted into my mind from a young age, only seeing straight marriages around me. So, even tho I only had a boyfriend before, I do really want to have experience with girls. You see, the feeling I get, well, I just feel my heart flutter, like, you kinda know, you don't just want to be friends with a girl. And the bad part is, that my biggest girl crushes are always on friends (who are mostly straight), I really need an emotional connection before fully liking a girl, which I don't need with guys. It's really strange. Another thing about realizing my sexuality: I tried to convince myself and my friends about me being straight for so long, but it just felt painful, like I'm lying to everyone. It just felt off.Β 

I can completely agree with you on everything you said. My middle school best friend was bi and that was really the first time in my life I realized that being straight was not the only possibility for me. She "mentored" me on the basics of all things lgbtq+ and I ended up having the BIGGEST crush on her but we both had boyfriends at the time so I knew it was wrong of me to pursue. Her and I flirted endlessly but since I know nothing would come of it I forced myself to put distance between us and ended up loosing my best friend. I current have friend who is three years younger than me and she is like my little sister. She is bi and allowed me to moderately experiment. Because I am not a very social person and can't come out to my family, I am unable to meet people and therefore developed a crush on my friend. Her and I talked about a relationship but it would have to be ridiculously quiet since neither of our families are accepting and she recently got a boyfriend (so now i'm loosing my mind).

13 hours ago, RTemplin said:

I can completely agree with you on everything you said. My middle school best friend was bi and that was really the first time in my life I realized that being straight was not the only possibility for me. She "mentored" me on the basics of all things lgbtq+ and I ended up having the BIGGEST crush on her but we both had boyfriends at the time so I knew it was wrong of me to pursue. Her and I flirted endlessly but since I know nothing would come of it I forced myself to put distance between us and ended up loosing my best friend. I current have friend who is three years younger than me and she is like my little sister. She is bi and allowed me to moderately experiment. Because I am not a very social person and can't come out to my family, I am unable to meet people and therefore developed a crush on my friend. Her and I talked about a relationship but it would have to be ridiculously quiet since neither of our families are accepting and she recently got a boyfriend (so now i'm loosing my mind).

Hey,

I just want you to know that I’ve sent you a message - I hope to hear back from you soon :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...
Monsoon
This post was recognized by Monsoon!

proudperson72 was awarded the badge 'Great Advice'

Β  Β  Β I'm still slightly unsure as to my sexuality, but for around a year now, I've been labeling myself as biromantic. I've always been attracted to guys, but that was before I had even considered that attraction to the same sex was a thing. Just a few years ago, LGBTQ+ topics were not nearly as talked about as today. But everything changed around 1 and a half years ago, when someone at my school came out as gay. Suddenly, more and more people started making realizations about their sexuality, even if they previously identified as straight. That was the first time I questionedΒ myΒ sexuality. I suddenly realized that, straight as I had seemed, girls wereΒ prettyΒ hot. I started to research more about bisexuality, and came to the conclusion that I am in fact bi. Guys are still hot though XD.

Β  Β  Β Take my advice with a very large pinch of salt, since I am far from an expert. However, I believe that if you have even slight suspicions that you are bi, then you probably are. A curiosity must have been sparked by something, and that something came from inside ofΒ you. At the end of the day, you yourself are the only one capable of putting a label on yourself, or rejecting all if that's what you want. Remember, you don't have to chooseΒ anything, whether it be straight, bi, pan, gay, etc.. You can live your life free from all labels, and no one will (hopefully) judge you.

Β  Β  Β Good luck and have a good day. Bai....

• Like 1