Questioning my sexuality

Hannah87    

Last weekend I was hanging out with some friends (I am a girl), and me and one of the other girls went in the hot tub together. We were joking around and having a good time and then I jokingly kissed her, but surprisingly, she grabbed my head and kissed back. We both pulled away and started laughing about it, but laying in my bed that night I realized I didn't feel like it was a joke. I've always thought this girl was so beautiful and nice, and I realized I didn't exactly know if I thought of these traits in a platonic way. Her parents are VERY homophobic, and I went to her church with her a couple times, and it's safe to say she is surrounded by a community that would never accept anyone who is not straight, I've questioned by sexuality before, but I thought everyone did that so I ignored any feelings about it. I've liked guys before and been attracted to them even,  and I feel like I can't talk to anyone under the fear they'll think I'm disgusting or confused. Everyone at our school is insanely homophobic to the point of bullying all the openly LQBTQ+ kids. I don't know if anyone has been in this situation before. but please give me some advice if you have.

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out :)

I just want you to know that this is a completely supportive, accepting, and non-judgmental space, so you can talk about anything you like here. I’m wondering then, what would you like advice on, is it your sexuality, or the situation, or both? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey,

Sure thing. I'm wondering then, how does the way you feel about guys compare to the way you feel about girls? Can you tell me more about that? 

Well I've really only ever had a crush on one guy, and I don't feel like I have a crush on the friend in question, but it feels like more of an attraction. Like I want to do what we did again and just be around her. I have never really felt that way about a guy, so I don't really know how to compare my feelings.

Hey there,

That's okay. I think it's really significant that you want to do what you did again and just be around her, because to me, that shows a definite attraction. What do you think?