How can i convince my mom to let me cut my hair?

mistyn11037 Β  Β 

Hey, i've been really wanted to cut my hair for the longest time to a sort of "boyish" haircut and my mom won't allow me. I've cut my hair to a sort of similar length before and my mom hated it. She would look at me with disgust and when we were walking home from the salon she started saying stuff like "you look like a boy, your a girl not a boy" and other stuff like that but i cant remember all that well because it's been a while. But that experience made me cry a lot, and of course my mom said she was sorry and started saying how beautiful i am to make me feel better. Which is so annoying because i know she doesn't think that way. A little while after i got that haircut she didn't care about it, but made the occasional negative Β comment on it. So maybe if i get this haircut she'll hate it at first, and then get used to it?? i hope so at least . But yeah she wants me to grow out my hair and whenever i bring it up to her or argue about it to her she settles on letting my cut it after my graduation from school. It's a step towards the right direction but now i talk about cutting my hair sometimes and she just flat out says no. Maybe she said she would let me cut my hair later to shut me up... can someone help me figure out how to get my hair cut with my moms permission? i honestly don't care if my mom hates it i just want to cut it so bad because it would give me so much gender euphoria and it would make me love myself a lot more. btw my mom is homophobic and transphobic (obviously)Β 

This is the haircut i want, i made sure to have a picture of a fem person so my mom could recognize that girls can still look girlish with this haircut. I didnt send this picture to my mom yet so maybe i should?

spacer.png

• Like 2

You can start out by trying to make a deal that can help you get a haircut faster maybe like "Hey mom instead of gifts for my birthday this year can I cut my hair" or something along those lines and you can show her the picture to because i think that it's really cuteΒ 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cat!!! said:

You can start out by trying to make a deal that can help you get a haircut faster maybe like "Hey mom instead of gifts for my birthday this year can I cut my hair" or something along those lines and you can show her the picture to because i think that it's really cuteΒ 

that's a good idea, i'll ask my mom if i can cut my hair as an early birthday present even tho i never get presents for my birthday... but it's worth a try ig and i'll show her the picture.

i'll give an update on how it goes

• 4 weeks later...

update: I think i convinced my mom?? I think she’s gotten used to it since i’ve begged her so much lol cause now whenever i bring it up she doesn’t get mad or anything like that. She said i could cut my hair anytime if she had the money for it because rn my mom is struggling with money so i get that she can’t. So she said if my dad gives me the money we can go cut my hair !! so i just have to ask my dad, but the thing is that he doesn’t like spending his money on things other than rent and food so πŸ˜… ig i have another person to convince but at least it’s a step closer!

• Yaaas 2

• Ditch the Label Staff
6 hours ago, mistyn11037 said:

update: I think i convinced my mom?? I think she’s gotten used to it since i’ve begged her so much lol cause now whenever i bring it up she doesn’t get mad or anything like that. She said i could cut my hair anytime if she had the money for it because rn my mom is struggling with money so i get that she can’t. So she said if my dad gives me the money we can go cut my hair !! so i just have to ask my dad, but the thing is that he doesn’t like spending his money on things other than rent and food so πŸ˜… ig i have another person to convince but at least it’s a step closer!

Amazing!Β 

Staff-Account.png

On β€Ž6β€Ž/β€Ž9β€Ž/β€Ž2022 at 7:40 PM, mistyn11037 said:

I'm gladΒ 

• 4 weeks later...

2nd update: i convinced my dad and cut my hair!! it looks nothing like the photo tho it’s way shorter πŸ˜… but it’s fine once it grows out i’ll just cut it myself to how i actually want it lolΒ 

ty to everyone who commented and helped !!

• Like 2

On 5/15/2022 at 10:08 AM, mistyn11037 said:

Hey, i've been really wanted to cut my hair for the longest time to a sort of "boyish" haircut and my mom won't allow me. I've cut my hair to a sort of similar length before and my mom hated it. She would look at me with disgust and when we were walking home from the salon she started saying stuff like "you look like a boy, your a girl not a boy" and other stuff like that but i cant remember all that well because it's been a while. But that experience made me cry a lot, and of course my mom said she was sorry and started saying how beautiful i am to make me feel better. Which is so annoying because i know she doesn't think that way. A little while after i got that haircut she didn't care about it, but made the occasional negative Β comment on it. So maybe if i get this haircut she'll hate it at first, and then get used to it?? i hope so at least . But yeah she wants me to grow out my hair and whenever i bring it up to her or argue about it to her she settles on letting my cut it after my graduation from school. It's a step towards the right direction but now i talk about cutting my hair sometimes and she just flat out says no. Maybe she said she would let me cut my hair later to shut me up... can someone help me figure out how to get my hair cut with my moms permission? i honestly don't care if my mom hates it i just want to cut it so bad because it would give me so much gender euphoria and it would make me love myself a lot more. btw my mom is homophobic and transphobic (obviously)Β 

This is the haircut i want, i made sure to have a picture of a fem person so my mom could recognize that girls can still look girlish with this haircut. I didnt send this picture to my mom yet so maybe i should?

spacer.png

oh! I went through something really similar. I don't know if I recommend this but I did it myself because I really hated my long hair but my mom kept saying no so I cut it myself, I cut it like really short, something that would be considered like a "boy-ish" length, but I'm so pleased with it, or if you don't want to do that, just list a bunch of reasons why you want short hair and how it would make you happy.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

honestly just do it, if you have gotten it done before and she got over it i believe you should what makes you happyΒ 

• 2 weeks later...

showing it on a fem person is definitely a plus. thats what i did and i ended up getting really masc haircuts lol. and yeah, like others said, go for it.