Should I come out as BI?

Tiramisu-13    

Hi! So im BI. I've known since January and a few of my close friends know. I really want my parents to know but I am way to scared to tell them, I don't know how, or when, and I am panicking.  I don't want things to change or how they see me to change. I'm not even sure if they know what lgbt+ is or how they feel about it. I don't think that they know that I know what it is. Any advice?

My advice is to ask  them a question about the lgbtq+ community, to see how they'd respond, as that can give you a good idea of what they think of us. You can use a question as simple as "What happens when to guys get married?"  and go from there. If you want to share their reaction with us here, we can think out what to do next together, if you want. 

• Yaaas 1

9 hours ago, Tiramisu-13 said:

Hi! So im BI. I've known since January and a few of my close friends know. I really want my parents to know but I am way to scared to tell them, I don't know how, or when, and I am panicking.  I don't want things to change or how they see me to change. I'm not even sure if they know what lgbt+ is or how they feel about it. I don't think that they know that I know what it is. Any advice?

Hey,

Welcome :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to our members on the community :)

@Emberfrost12 has already given great advice which will help you to understand how they feel about the community and you might be able to get a better idea of your next step then. What do you think? You could also watch an LGBTQ+ show with them and see how they react, like Heartstopper on Netflix.

I'm just thinking, do you feel ready to come out? Remember, there really is no rush, and you can really take your time with this. Also, it's completely normal to feel scared, and most people I support feel a big sense of relief when they come out and they often realise they had nothing to be fearful of in the first place, so I just wanted to let you know as people can find it helpful when they hear that. Take care and speak soon. 

• Pride 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 3 weeks later...

My advice is not to rush! there's no time constraints dude, January is relatively recent. There's no need to put pressure on yourself 👍

Coming out is something you do for your own well being, you don't owe anyone a confession.

At the same time you do kinda have to recognize that there's no PERFECT time to come out so when you DO feel ready (as much as it sucks) you kinda just got to go for it. Sorry I couldn't help more.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...