Feeling alone

Charlotte115    

I don't really know why but I've been feeling alone and depressed lately.  It's not like I'm alone alone but it feels like I am (idk if that makes any sense or not) I talk to people all the time but I don't really want to talk to them if you know what I mean.  I have anxiety and a bit of depression but I feel like my depression is getting worse.  My "friends" always talk about their problems and I help them by giving them advice but they don't know how much i wish they just didn't talk about their metal health or relationship problems.  

Recently I've been talking to this person but I don't know a lot about them, I've been getting to know them and they seem really nice.  However, I don't know if I should tell them about my past when I was younger or if I should keep it to myself.  The problem is that I have mental health issues because of what happened to me when I was younger but not a lot of people know that but I want the person to know that about me so they get to know me a little better.

On 10/17/2021 at 10:47 AM, Blue22031 said:

I don't really know why but I've been feeling alone and depressed lately.  It's not like I'm alone alone but it feels like I am (idk if that makes any sense or not) I talk to people all the time but I don't really want to talk to them if you know what I mean.  I have anxiety and a bit of depression but I feel like my depression is getting worse.  My "friends" always talk about their problems and I help them by giving them advice but they don't know how much i wish they just didn't talk about their metal health or relationship problems.  

Recently I've been talking to this person but I don't know a lot about them, I've been getting to know them and they seem really nice.  However, I don't know if I should tell them about my past when I was younger or if I should keep it to myself.  The problem is that I have mental health issues because of what happened to me when I was younger but not a lot of people know that but I want the person to know that about me so they get to know me a little better.

Hey there,

I'm sorry that you've been feeling alone and depressed lately. I think that you have a really good awareness of why you're struggling, and it's a great skill to have and will help you through hard times. I'm wondering, how come you feel like you're depression is getting worse? Are you able to tell me a little bit more about these feelings? It's okay if not, because I can imagine that it's hard for you to speak about them. 

Also, with potentially telling that person about what happened to you when you were younger, I'm wondering, do you trust them enough right now? I do think that it's good to open up so that people can get to know you better, and I'm curious to know, what is your gut feeling telling you to do? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

1 minute ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry that you've been feeling alone and depressed lately. I think that you have a really good awareness of why you're struggling, and it's a great skill to have and will help you through hard times. I'm wondering, how come you feel like you're depression is getting worse? Are you able to tell me a little bit more about these feelings? It's okay if not, because I can imagine that it's hard for you to speak about them. 

Also, with potentially telling that person about what happened to you when you were younger, I'm wondering, do you trust them enough right now? I do think that it's good to open up so that people can get to know you better, and I'm curious to know, what is your gut feeling telling you to do? 

I think it's getting worse probably because I'm getting flashbacks. I don't really know how to explain how i feel when I feel depressed, it's kinda like a big pit in my stomach and my head tells me that people hate me and don't want me in this world.  I completely trust the person but I'm not completely sure how they would react to what i have to tell them as it's kinda triggering