I need some help...

jadekat53    

Ok, so after awhile of questioning myself, I have realized that I am Bi, and I want to come out to everyone, but my parents are pretty conservative Christians and I have no idea how they would respond. For context, I am a 14 year old girl who is also a Christian, and is homeschooled, so I don't have any friends that aren't straight.

Hey @jadekat53

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to those who reach out to us.

I'm glad to hear that you've realised you're bi. It can take people quite a while to understand their sexuality, and honestly, it can be quite stressful when questioning, so that's great. Can I ask, is there a chance that coming out to your parents might put you in danger, like getting kicked out or being harmed? If so, it might be best to wait until you're old enough move out, or able to make sure that you have somewhere else to stay if it gets too tricky. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey @jadekat53

I'm happy for you for working out you're bi! That's awesome. 

So,  coming out, Monsoon said it perfectly. Personally, I'd say don't come out if you think it may put you in any kind of danger. I understand the feeling of wanting to tell people about it, it's big news! but it's important to tell people you trust and who you know will take it well. Of course, you can tell your family if you'd like, but there's no harm in keeping it to yourself for a little while longer. If you really wanted, you could test the waters and make up a story. For example, say that someone at school came out as gay and see how they take it. If you did want to come out, there are a variety of ways you can do it. But for now, and overall, I agree with Monsoon, if you think they'll take it badly there's no harm in keeping it to yourself for now :) 

I hope this helps a little :) 

• Thanks 1