I hate stereotypes

Anthony IV    

Being a bisexual is hard, for me anyway. Everyone ignores the fact that being bi and gay are different, and say that I only like guys. When they do actually acknowledge that I am bi, they always say that I would just have sex with anyone. Just because I am not straight doesn't mean I'll just go down on everybody. I have my preferences for both genders. I actually think of myself as very selective of the people I have a crush on. I just hate when I get called gay, because I'm not. No offense to gays, but I dont like being called something I'm not. I also hate when they say I'd just f*ok anyone. It's so AGGRAVATING

I havent experienced this, but i get ya. The people who are like 'oh so you're half gay then? a bit straight?' no... 'oh so you basically like anyone then?' no... I have specific things i like about females and males. End of.

I'm bi and female, and swing more to females, I want a girlfriend, but I bet that'll be a 'so you're gay then?' thing... no, i just happen to have a girlfriend, doesnt mean im gay thanks you.

Hey everyone,

Eugh yeah, bi-erasure is REAL and unfortunately, so many people don't understand bisexuality and sometimes without even meaning to they can be really insensitive.

Have a read over this article from our blog, he touches on this really well - https://www.ditchthelabel.org/i-am-a-bisexual-man/

Also this one is real talk - https://www.ditchthelabel.org/10-things-never-say-bisexual/

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey everyone,

Eugh yeah, bi-erasure is REAL and unfortunately, so many people don't understand bisexuality and sometimes without even meaning to they can be really insensitive.

Have a read over this article from our blog, he touches on this really well - https://www.ditchthelabel.org/i-am-a-bisexual-man/

Also this one is real talk - https://www.ditchthelabel.org/10-things-never-say-bisexual/

Remi

ooo thank you Remi!! :)

• 1 year later...

hey!! i'm bi myself, and although I've never personally heard these comments before, I can only imagine the anger you felt. Bi - erasure is a real problem and it makes bi people feel like their feelings are invalidated. I hate when people, especially straight, act like they know bisexuality better. Like, bruh??? You're not alone on feeling this way. 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:18 PM, Marv said:

I havent experienced this, but i get ya. The people who are like 'oh so you're half gay then? a bit straight?' no... 'oh so you basically like anyone then?' no... I have specific things i like about females and males. End of.

I'm bi and female, and swing more to females, I want a girlfriend, but I bet that'll be a 'so you're gay then?' thing... no, i just happen to have a girlfriend, doesnt mean im gay thanks you.

Yes!! There are 3 types, and people just always say it's either straight or gay. Bruv, I literally just said I'm BISEXUAL. BI - "both", smh.

1. Bi but swings more to the opposite sex

2. Bi but swings more to the same sex

3. Bi and likes both equally

• Yaaas 1

• 5 weeks later...

AAAAAAAAAAAA people need to do research and understand this kinda stuff before they come up to you and are like 'oh about gay then?' When you just blumming told them ur bi!!!

I haven't had this yet because I haven' come out but when the time comes for someone to say that Imma smite them so hard their grandchildren will feel it.