How to forget your past?

Yashi29 Β  Β 

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, Yashi29 said:

I think may be because i am completely at new place and was eager to make new friends and want to leave my good impression or whatever might be the reason , i don't know them, but gradually i m getting to know that these are just collegues nd not like our friends or anyone i can trust completely, then i got to know about some office politics that sometimes what happens is the senior above you to supervise can sometimes take advantage of you by giving work and then claiming afterwards to higher position people as his/her work, and not giving any credit to me, and also nobody knows what i do, except the senior collegue i work under, it's not like everytime but sometimes i have seen this or maybe i am just overthinking about itΒ 

Hi @Yashi29Β - yes, that makes sense. We often put a lot of energy into getting to know our colleagues at first, because as you say, you want to make a good first impression. I guess it's harder to keep up that energy if you don't feel that the connections with your colleagues are based on trust and you are concerned that perhaps senior staff are taking credit for the work of junior staff. Office politics certainly can be a real thing in workplaces. Are there any individual colleagues who you would like to get to know a little bit more?

Also, how's it been outside of the internship, in terms of meeting new people? Have you attended any social events? If so, how has that been?