Threatened to have nudes leaked

AnonB Β  Β 

Hi, earlier today I was talking to someone over Snapchat that I had met from a dating app, they even sent a video of them saying my name cos I was originally suspicious. They added my WhatsApp and sent me screen recordings of my nudes and also of my Instagram and Facebook pictures to tell me they know my friends and are going to send them to them all.

I immediately blocked them on WhatsApp and Snapchat, but obviously am pretty nervous about what will happen now and what to do, can anyone please help itd be much appreciated!

18 minutes ago, AnonB said:

Hi, earlier today I was talking to someone over Snapchat that I had met from a dating app, they even sent a video of them saying my name cos I was originally suspicious. They added my WhatsApp and sent me screen recordings of my nudes and also of my Instagram and Facebook pictures to tell me they know my friends and are going to send them to them all.

I immediately blocked them on WhatsApp and Snapchat, but obviously am pretty nervous about what will happen now and what to do, can anyone please help itd be much appreciated!

Hi there, I'm Catsup one of the support mentors.Β  I'm very sorry to hear that someone is threatening you.

Have you also taken the step to report them?Β  If you have any screenshots and/or information about their profile, I would go ahead and send that evidence over to us at support@ditchthelabel.org.Β  We are trusted flaggers which means that the reports we make on your behalf are prioritized for Snapchat to address.Β  If you happen to know any of their other social media profiles, reporting those too is also a good idea.Β 

It was definitely a good idea on your part to block them.Β  I think that beyond blocking and reporting, the act of not engaging with this person might be enough that they leave you alone.Β  But if you are still concerned and comfortable with this idea, it does not hurt to report this behavior to the police as well.Β  That is up to you of course!

This is definitely worrying but I am glad you are reaching out about it.Β  How does this all sound?

Staff-Account.png

20 minutes ago, Catsup said:

Hi there, I'm Catsup one of the support mentors.Β  I'm very sorry to hear that someone is threatening you.

Have you also taken the step to report them?Β  If you have any screenshots and/or information about their profile, I would go ahead and send that evidence over to us at support@ditchthelabel.org.Β  We are trusted flaggers which means that the reports we make on your behalf are prioritized for Snapchat to address.Β  If you happen to know any of their other social media profiles, reporting those too is also a good idea.Β 

It was definitely a good idea on your part to block them.Β  I think that beyond blocking and reporting, the act of not engaging with this person might be enough that they leave you alone.Β  But if you are still concerned and comfortable with this idea, it does not hurt to report this behavior to the police as well.Β  That is up to you of course!

This is definitely worrying but I am glad you are reaching out about it.Β  How does this all sound?

Hi thanks for the reply, I have reported and blocked them on WhatsApp, I have taken screenshots of the messages they sent me on their threatening me but that also includes a screenshot of the screen recording they sent me which you can see inappropriate private images of me so I couldn’t send that one over in evidence, I also have their snapchat username but have blocked them on it, and their number on WhatsApp is visible in the screenshots, how do I proceed?Β