I have messed up

Ronak    

7 hours ago, Ronak said:

They responded and they have reached out to me saying there are gonna look into this more now and  if they find they are blackmailing then it’s game over for them since they said they will report it to the police and stuff so basically their hideout will get raided l also sent them evidence. @Olivia05 @Leila_xx @Luie

Sorry for the late response but that’s very good hopefully they do get arrested bc they shouldn’t be doing any of this stuff to anyone…like at all. Sorry I’m like half asleep eso when I wake up I’ll say smth else but for now that’s all I got sorry

• Digital Mentor
21 hours ago, Aurora said:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I wasn't online yesterday but I can see that you've had lots of support from @Olivia05 @Leila_xx and @Luie 🙂. I just wanted to echo what everyone else said - it's  great that you have reported it. Not only are you keeping yourself safe but you are keeping other's safe, too and ensuring that this account can't be used anymore to blackmail people for money. How are you feeling now? 

Please do keep us updated and know that we are here for you. I am going to be away until the 24th April after today but @Luie and the other @Digital Mentor will be here to support you if you need any help or advice in the meantime

I am so glad to here about the update @Ronak, I echo what @Aurora has mentioned. Here for you and do let me know if you need to talk more about this or anything else on community or more one to one on Confidential Support. 

Staff-Account.png

On 4/8/2023 at 9:50 AM, Luie said:

I am so glad to here about the update @Ronak, I echo what @Aurora has mentioned. Here for you and do let me know if you need to talk more about this or anything else on community or more one to one on Confidential Support. 

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Ronak said:

Hello @Luie @Leila_xx @Olivia05, the adult responded to me and now im going to meet up with him and sort this out also thank you guys for your support and I’ll let you what happens soon!

That’s great news! Helpfully things go smoothly. Just tell me if you need to talk if it doesn’t and I’ll respond when I can (I have school today that’s why I’m saying that)

36 minutes ago, Ronak said:

Hello @Luie @Leila_xx @Olivia05, the adult responded to me and now im going to meet up with him and sort this out also thank you guys for your support and I’ll let you what happens soon!

Aww yay! I’m so happy for you :)

• Yaaas 1

On 4/10/2023 at 10:32 AM, Olivia05 said:

That’s great news! Helpfully things go smoothly. Just tell me if you need to talk if it doesn’t and I’ll respond when I can (I have school today that’s why I’m saying that)

Hello guys quick update @Olivia05 @Luie @Leila_xx I think WhatsApp have taken a cation against the scammers and the adult is supporting me, I’ll keep you all posted if anything happens

• Hug 1

59 minutes ago, Ronak said:

Hello guys quick update @Olivia05 @Luie @Leila_xx I think WhatsApp have taken a cation against the scammers and the adult is supporting me, I’ll keep you all posted if anything happens

That’s good that they’re helping you! Just let us know if you need anything from any of us

2 hours ago, Ronak said:

Remember we’re always here for you, I may not be on here all the time but I’m a tag away, feel free to tag me and I’ll get back to you <3 much love to you 

• Ditch the Label Staff
2 hours ago, Ronak said:

That's good to hear!

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 4/12/2023 at 10:59 AM, Ronak said:

This is really good news, thank you for the update @Ronak. Keep us posted and also if you'd like to speak more about it just give us a shout. Here for you!

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i need help big time. This person had said they were 18 and that they were female and even sent a nude. I did as well luckily covering my face but the only probelm is hes threatening to send this all over twitter. He also wants me to oay him 100 bucks. Ive paid 50 but now i kinda wanna courage up and just send itnand block him and hope for the best nothing happens. What should i do. I am 18 by the way.

• Digital Mentor
9 hours ago, ozi said:

Hey i need help big time. This person had said they were 18 and that they were female and even sent a nude. I did as well luckily covering my face but the only probelm is hes threatening to send this all over twitter. He also wants me to oay him 100 bucks. Ive paid 50 but now i kinda wanna courage up and just send itnand block him and hope for the best nothing happens. What should i do. I am 18 by the way.

Hi @ozi, I noticed that you are new here and I wanted to start off by welcoming you to the community!! I'm really glad you found us. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're being threatened with your nudes. I can imagine that this is very stressful for you, but I just want you to know that you have come to the right place and we can help you. 

Do you mind telling me a little more about what happened? This will help me to figure out how I can best support you. What would be helpful is if you can let me know, where the person threatened you (eg Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram etc)? Also, do you have any screenshots of the conversation, where they threatened you?

My advice would be to make your all your social media accounts private and block the individual (be sure to also select the option to block any new accounts they might make). You could even ask your followers to block the account. If they know your real name, take this out of any social media usernames. You could also try to find their account on other social media platforms and block them there. 

Also, have you thought about reporting this to the police because the blackmail aspect of this is a crime and they could get into a lot of trouble for this. 

I wanted to reassure you that we have lots of experience in supporting people who have been blackmailed to pay money in the same way you have. You mentioned that you already paid them some money. I would advise you to not pay them anymore. They are going to try and convince you that you have to pay them more but their only motivation is money and if they realise they are not going to get anymore, they have nothing to gain by leaking your photos.  Also, you said that your face was covered in the photos you sent so they can't even be sure that it's you. Therefore, I would suggest that you ignore all communication if they try and contact you again. From experience, the more time that passes, the less likely it is that the content will be leaked as the individual usually then moves on. What do you think? 

I hope this has reassured you a little. How are you feeling now? 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

That helps a lot. So this happened on snapchat and they used a fake picture which actually looked pretty real of a female and said they were 18. They tricked me and then took a screensshot of my photo threatening to post it all over twitter. They have my tikok but i made it private now and changed the name of my account. Should I just block them since they have a picture with me that doesn't show my face.

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, ozi said:

That helps a lot. So this happened on snapchat and they used a fake picture which actually looked pretty real of a female and said they were 18. They tricked me and then took a screensshot of my photo threatening to post it all over twitter. They have my tikok but i made it private now and changed the name of my account. Should I just block them since they have a picture with me that doesn't show my face.

It's great that you have evidence. If you want we can try and help you have their account removed from snapchat. In order to do this, please send a link to your account and theirs with screenshots of the conversation where they threaten you. Please block out any of the nude content when you send this over (this is really important). You can either use our only support tool https://ditchthelabel.org/report/ or send an email to support@ditchthelabel.org if you prefer.

My advice would be to block them. As you said, the picture they have doesn't show your face. By blocking them, you are letting them know that you won't be giving them anymore money. Their only motivation is money and once they realise they aren't getting anymore it is likely that they will move on. Please know you are not alone. We're here for you and we will support you through this

Staff-Account.png