This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Blackmail

Mukosham    

5 hours ago, Mukosham said:

It is now 5 month I have not heard anything and he has not contacted me

Hey @Mukosham

That's a really good sign. The fact that it has been so long without hearing anything strongly suggests to me that he has moved on. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 5/21/2023 at 6:06 PM, Mukosham said:

Yes I think so and he won't use it to someone or use my photo

Hey there,

Yeah, exactly, I think you're good now! Would you like to talk about it more with us or would you like anymore support? 

Hey there,

Sure thing, we can definitely do that. Would you like to tell me more then? What's on your mind about it? 

On 5/25/2023 at 5:55 PM, Mukosham said:

I think may he using my photos or images to blackmail others with my identity and what do you think

Hey there,

I get why you are worried and it's totally normal to wonder about this in this kind of situation and it's understandable. I am wondering, is there any evidence to show that he is doing that, or might it be just an anxiety? What do you think?

14 hours ago, Mukosham said:

No evidence about, it is me who is thinking like that and I just giving it a thought, maybe he can do. What do think about that 

Hey there,

Yeah, those thoughts are completely normal in this kind of situation. It's hard to have a definite answer, because really, we don't know and we may never know if they are doing that or not. If they were doing it, what do you think you would do?

Hey there,

Exactly. If it does happen, you can report it to get it taken down. We can also report it for you to a number of social media platforms and our reports are looked at more quickly, so we could also support you. The point is, if it does happen, you can do things to stop it, and we can help you. However, I think it’s really unlikely at this point. Your worries are totally normal, and I get them completely. If they were to have done something, it’s highly likely that it would have happened by now and you would have known about it. What do you think? Take care and speak soon :)

• Digital Mentor
39 minutes ago, Mukosham said:

Thank you for your support at this far and how get ride of this anxiety, at time feel hopeless and at time the strength to new page of my life

Hi there, Monsoon isn't online at the moment so I thought I would jump in. I hope you don't mind. I saw that you mentioned that you feel hopeless at times and I just wanted to check in with you to see how you are feeling right now? Just in case you ever need it, here is some safety information. If you ever feel like you are in crisis then you can reach out to the following: 

UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service)

USA - The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline - 988 (This is a free service that operates 24/7. You can call or text)  https://988lifeline.org/

A list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org - you can find the one for your country and call them if you are in crisis 

An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful

Remember, you can always call the emergency services or go to your local emergency department at the hospital for support

You mentioned that you are worried that the person might use your video at some point in the future. You might find this website helpful: https://stopncii.org/  You can use their tool to prevent your images from being shared in the first place and you can use this tool without having to send your images or videos to anyone. 

Staff-Account.png

8 hours ago, Mukosham said:

What do I do in the case I don't have videos in my device

Hey there,

Do you mean the videos you sent to the individual originally? If so, it won't matter. The report alone will be taken seriously and you won't have to prove that you are the one in the content. It is in the best interests of the social media platform to remove the content that is reported by a user in these kinds of cases. 

You're welcome :)

Would you like to talk more about it, or are you okay at the moment?

• 2 weeks later...
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I dated an 24 years old guy and I was 14 at that time

we also exchanged nude pictures 

he is threatening me with them over 4 years later

i don’t know what to do

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.
2 hours ago, a.not.so.happy.girl said:

I dated an 24 years old guy and I was 14 at that time

we also exchanged nude pictures 

he is threatening me with them over 4 years later

i don’t know what to do

Hey there,

Can you please email us at support@ditchthelabel.org so we can support you there? Take care and speak soon.