How to come to terms with being bisexual

Ambi Β  Β 

It wasn't until recently that I realized that growing up Christian really messed me up. It caused me to be in denial about the feelings I had towards women and for a long time I couldn't even admit that I was bisexual to myself. I wanna come out to my friends and family, regardless of how they feel, but I can't because I'm not even comfortable in my own skin. I feel like their reaction won't be that bad, but if it's in the least was negative it will really hurt me and it might be a while before I can open myself up again. I just wanna be happy with who I am, and I know it takes time, but I don't like hiding. I wanna love who I wanna love freely without worrying. Please, if you have any tips, reach out.

13 hours ago, Ambi said:

It wasn't until recently that I realized that growing up Christian really messed me up. It caused me to be in denial about the feelings I had towards women and for a long time I couldn't even admit that I was bisexual to myself. I wanna come out to my friends and family, regardless of how they feel, but I can't because I'm not even comfortable in my own skin. I feel like their reaction won't be that bad, but if it's in the least was negative it will really hurt me and it might be a while before I can open myself up again. I just wanna be happy with who I am, and I know it takes time, but I don't like hiding. I wanna love who I wanna love freely without worrying. Please, if you have any tips, reach out.

Hey Ambi,

I really feel for you having been negatively impacted by your religion. It seems like it's really had a lasting effect on you which is now leading to some feelings of discomfort. I just want you to know that you can and will come to terms with your sexuality, and this is only a temporary state which you will get through. One of the best things you can do to be more comfortable with yourself is to step outside of your comfort zone when it comes to expressing your sexuality; this could be through telling more people about this part of you and also immersing yourself in new opportunities to connect with people as your authentic self, so I guess not hiding. What do you think? Also, I'm wondering, would you say it's safe for you to come out?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e