Am I Bi?

Amber J    

So ever since 6th grade, theres always one girl, and I mean ONE girl basically every school year that I'm attracted to. In 8th grade, had my first make out with a girl because I was so confident I was bi. But then it hit me that I wanna marry a man and have kids. And I broke her heart. (I know we were young😂). I'm currently 18, there's a girl, I'm new to the school. I found out she has the hots for me and 2 days later I'm thinking about her all the time. And we just became friends basically, I even told her and all her friends im straight so was that something stupid? Cause at that time I felt straight and now I feel bi. is this normal??? To have so many mixed feelings? I figured it would be: you'll know, when you know.

you'll know when you'll know is a good mindset. it takes time to figure it out and that's normal. you can be bi and want to have a husband - having a preference towards one gender is pretty common. there's a lot of people who are bi and experience attraction to multiple genders but only want to date one. experimenting is a good way of figuring out who you like to date. if you like this girl and she likes you, you could try to see if something comes out of it? i mean, you'd have to tell her that you're not sure you're straight, and you're questioning wheter or not you're bi. what do you think?

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 10:16 PM, Amber Jackson said:

So ever since 6th grade, theres always one girl, and I mean ONE girl basically every school year that I'm attracted to. In 8th grade, had my first make out with a girl because I was so confident I was bi. But then it hit me that I wanna marry a man and have kids. And I broke her heart. (I know we were young😂). I'm currently 18, there's a girl, I'm new to the school. I found out she has the hots for me and 2 days later I'm thinking about her all the time. And we just became friends basically, I even told her and all her friends im straight so was that something stupid? Cause at that time I felt straight and now I feel bi. is this normal??? To have so many mixed feelings? I figured it would be: you'll know, when you know.

Hey Amber,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out. 

I just want you to know that it is completely normal to feel changes in your sexuality and have confusion around it. Remember, sexuality is fluid, meaning it can change over time. It could also be that you're just unsure at the moment, and keep changing your mind out of that confusion. What do you think about that?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e