What does love feel like to you? (Survey Questions)

A User Β  Β 

(Please answer these like as if the person in front of you doesn't know what it feels like. I tend to get vague af answers and I will say it now that vague answers aren't too helpful. Thanks for understanding!)

I'm curious for results and would like yall to answer these questions:

1) What do crushes feel like? When did you first get them? Describe in detail

2) What does sexual attraction feel like? Describe in the amount of detail that feels comfortable to you (as much as you can!). When did you first start feeling it?

3) How has puberty affected the feelings you have? Have they strengthened? Explain.

4) In your opinion, do romantic/sexual feelings overlap in some way?

5) How do you identify? Romantically and sexually.

Edited by A User
  • Like 2

• A User changed the title to What does love feel like to you? (Survey Questions)
On 11/11/2022 at 12:15 PM, A User said:

(Please answer these like as if the person in front of you doesn't know what it feels like. I tend to get vague af answers and I will say it now that vague answers aren't too helpful. Thanks for understanding!)

2) What does sexual attraction feel like? Describe in the amount of detail that feels comfortable to you (as much as you can!). When did you first start feeling it?

3) How has puberty affected the feelings you have? Have they strengthened? Explain.

Love feels different for everyone. So,Β  I will tell you what it feels like for me(romantic attraction). Your crush is that person who just makes things okay. For me, she doesn't have to do anything. She can just be next to me and I can feel just a little bit better. She's my favorite person. I just feel calm yet exited whenever I'm near her. I first started feeling this last year in 6th grade around January or February. I guess puberty has somewhat affected them. I can change moods or attitudes easily, and when I take time to think about it, I get stressed out. My parents would probably just say" oh your just getting to that age", you only like her because you think you can only like girls at a girls school", your confused." I haven't felt those other feelings, of course I'm only in 7th grade, and I'm also questioning sexuality. I think I'm demisexual or bi? Idk. I'm either demibiromantic, or uniromantic, but I'm afraid of being hurt, so if I'm uniromantic, I'm probably in denial of that. She was also my best friend a few months before I developed these feelings for her, so I think it started with a good friendship for me.

Β 

Hope I answered your questions.

Edited by C3C3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2022 at 1:15 PM, A User said:

1) i first got crushes i think in 5th grade looking back. I think its when im really comfortable with the person and am ok with or even wanting the idea of being in romantic relationship with them. My first actual crush was my best friend, and looking back on it i was so in love with her even though i didnt know i was gay lol. Right now i dont really get crushes, more like tolerance for the idea of dating that person. A lot of what i feel for people is "oh it would be fun to date that person for a while," or "if so-and-so were to ask me out i wouldnt say no," but none of it is an active pining for said person.

2) ummm for me its just a form of amusement, like something nice but not a physical need for it. I started feeling that way during my freshman year (9th grade). there are sometimes where i miss that physical touch but otherwise it doesnt really matter to me. Its really just a fleeting feeling of "need" for a person for me

3) puberty definitely changed my feelings. they have strengthened, but are pretty on and off for me tbh. for example, i havent had romantic feelings towards anyone since about october, but when i do feel things, they tend to be very strong

4) right now they are seperate for me. Im able to have sexual feelings about someone without being romantically attracted to them.If im romantically attracted to them, it may eventually lead to sexual attraction but it really depends. I feel like they overlap for many people, i am just not one of them.

5) Im bi (romantic and sexual)

i hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

1)I am honestly not sure when I started having crushes, but for me I just really want to be around that person and I look for them Β wherever I go and I want them to be happy more than my own happiness, and I trust them A lot.

2)I mean I feel like it’s kinda for me when u see someone and u think they r attractive and u briefly r like β€œooo I wanna kiss them” and I think it started in 6th grade for me.

3)I mean maybe? I started puberty when I was in like 2 to 3rd grade but I didn’t have crushes yet, I think it affected me eventually though cause I have a more mature brain now lol.

4)I mean ya for me they sometimes do. Like when I have a crush on someone I usually feel both sexual and romantic attraction but sometimes I feel sexual attraction even though like I hate the person.

5)I’m pretty sure I’m bi for both

• Thanks 1

What love feels like to me is like this ball of energy that just burst and makes me like tingly inside I guess. I'm in middle school and this doesn't really happen except for when I'm around my boyfriend it we'll hold hands, hug, say I love you and that sparks it more and more until it just bursts.

It takes me for-fricking-ever to figure out if I have a crush on someone. Probably because I'm asexual. I mean, my first "crush" was in kindergarten, so I don't think that really counts, but actual crush would probably be 7th grade, last year. I got kind of tingly when I talked to the boy but that was it. Now it's a lot more because I like my girlfriend aΒ lotΒ more than I liked that boy. I really don't know how to describe it. Obviously no sexual attraction, and I didn't really have any feelings whatsoever before pubrety! I think they do to some extent because you can, apparently, feel sexually attracted to someone but also feel romantic attraction and we call both of those crushes. I identify as biromantic asexual.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 1:15 PM, A User said:

Hmmmmmm ok. I'll do my best.

1. Crushes feel like butterflies in your stomach, getting a dopamine rush every time you see them or are near them or they look at you. It's wishing you could be with someone, usually romantically. w We normally get our first crushes when we're younger, and we call these crushes because it's not real love, like love love. It tends to me a minor attraction to someone that normally doesn't last too long. Obviously this isn't always the case, but it is most of the time. My first crush I'd say happened when I walked up to a guy in grade 1 and told him he was cute, giggled and walked away, Conincidently, it's the same guy I'm now having friendship issues with (read both my past posts if you want to know more). It didn't last too long, but I did like him, and later the feelings came back.

2. Sexual attraction, well, *shifts from side to side* I'd say it's wanting someone for their body, not always for them as a person. Its... (and no judgement for anything I say here!) Its picturing yourself doing stuff with that person and wishing it would happen in real life. Fantasizing about them and whatnot. I.... not until I was older really, and it wasn't even really sexual. The sexual part depends on who you are and how comfortable you are doing that kind of stuff etc.Β 

3, Puperty... well I'd say it gets stronger as you're going through puperty, because of all the hormonical changes your body is going through. The feelings I have, I'd say I feel stronger because my body is maturing into an adult... and well you know as you turn into an adult you want to do..... certain things.. with other people.

4. Yes, I think that those feelings overlap sometimes. When you like someone in a romantic way, and it's pure love and not just a crush, you can want to be with that person in every intimate way.Β 

5. Well I'm a straight girl. I don't plan on having sex until I'm married. Romantically? Idk what you want me to say I identify as for romantically, but I'm a hopeless romantic if that helps. :)

Hope this helps with whatever you need it for!Β 

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, A User said:

1.) I have no idea. I was the kid who didn’t have romantic crushes and pretended to have one on some kid I didn’t know just because all my friends were having them and I thought it was wrong to NOT have a crush so I faked it. PLATONIC crushes are another story ☺️
I’m pretty socially awkward, so more often than not I’ll develop platonic crushes that basically means I really, really, REALLY just wanna be really close friends and play video games and watch anime, but I never ask them in case they think I’m weird. :/

I’ll paraphrase the definition my mom gave me for a romantic-based crush just in case it helps: Having a crush on someone is kinda thinking that you’d be open to the idea of dating them. You don’t have to act on those feelings, and that’s the great thing about it because it’s a really low-pressure way to kinda find out what you are okay with and not okay with in a relationship without making a commitment. It just means that you wouldn’t mind/are open to the idea.

2.) Sexual attraction… that’s a fun one πŸ˜‚. I get the concept behind it, but again, not really experienced. In my case, sexual attraction is being interested in having sexual encounters with someone. This type of attraction is more superficial in my opinion, but mainly because sexual attraction is based in sexual appeal. Sexual attraction could happen with someone in real life, or could be because of an animated character, hence fan service in media. For me, that attraction happens with girls. Some girls bodies are very attractive in my opinion. But I would never date them or have sexual interactions with them because I don’t want to be in a relationship solely based on looks and sex.

Now, I think it’s worth mentioning that there is a different kind of sexual attraction that happens on a more intimate level. After you’re in a loving relationship, and you’re entirely dedicated to that person and you love them more than anything else (like, marriage-level infatuation) you might feel sexually attracted to them because you want to convey your love for them in a physical sense (and this is especially a big deal if sex isn’t something you are normally interested in or in some cases haven’t done before,) OR if you want kids. This type of sexual attraction goes beyond physical appearances and momentary pleasure, as it is an intimate display of affection for your significant other. (Obviously, I don’t have experience with this, but this is my understanding of it.)

I also feel that it is important to say that sometimes there are toxic relationships where the other person may try to manipulate you into having sex with them by using the phrase β€œdon’t you love me?” Or β€œIf you loved me you’d do it” things along those lines. This is not a healthy form of sexual attraction. This is manipulation, and is a red flag in that relationship. Nobody should pressure you into sexual behaviors, and you should feel comfortable before making a commitment as big as having sex before taking the risks involved, not to mention the emotional baggage that comes with that. (Again, no experience, but unfortunately this is more common than you’d think πŸ˜•.

3.) Puberty is not fun. Your hormones are all over the place and so are your emotions, as well as the fact that your body, and your peers’ bodies are all changing and developing to reaching sexual maturity. This means that you and your peers become more sexually appealing to each other, as well as your developing brains are trying to form meaningful connections with others and decide what you are interested in romantically to prepare you for reproduction (not fun, but hey it’s sCiEnCe). This does intensify those feelings, but some people feel no attraction to others, which is perfectly normal as well. So it really depends on the individual, but this is an objective look at the question ^^

4.) Yes, but again it depends on the individual. I think it’s fair to say that most people experience both in some way to a certain degree, but it’s okay not to, or to have that experience and your interests change. Some people feel romantic attraction and don’t feel sexual attraction at all. Some people feel the opposite. It all depends on what you want and what you’re okay with.Β 

For me, it’s easier to feel sexual attraction as opposed to romantic attraction because my example of romantic attraction in my household was a toxic one. Sometimes your sexual or romantic preferences depend on the environment you grew up in as well, so feel freeΒ to keep that in mind.

5.) I identify as lesbian-questioning. I think I lean a bit more towards aromantic though. I’m still figuring things out :)

Β 

I hope this helps πŸ’•

• Like 1