Kinda of a vent

transgendercatgirl Β  Β 

hi my name is hazel im new here and this is just something i wanted to just share or vent idk the terms srry

Β 

I discovered I was Transgender in 2020 after years of feeling off with my birth gender. the first person I came out to was my girlfriend at the time she supported me then I came out to my ex-friend I'm not sure how much he supported me. a couple of weeks passed and I decided I wanted to come out to my mom well I didn't want to be in the same house when I told her it so I went and stayed the night at my friend's house and I texted her. I can't remember exactly what I texted my mom but I remember she texted me something like "oh so you're gay?" I remember I told her the meaning of Transgender and the trans umbrella and this might sound crazy but I could feel like her text message tone was angry. she came and picked me up from my friend's house and the car drive was silent after having a couple of conversations it was clear that she didn't support me and she hasn't changed her mind after 2 years. she often blames my aunt and herself for my gender identity and some times I find myself crying at night because I really want to transition but as my mom said "you can do your f***** shit when you are out of this house end of story" she won't let me get the hairstyle I want she won't let me dress more feminine she won't let me wear makeup and she keeps deadnaming me shit one time she gave me $20 to change one of my social media names to my deadname. anyway, i just wanted to share my little story with yall I just wish my mom would support me :(Β 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @transgendercatgirlΒ Welcome to the Community.Β 

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums and I wanted to send you a warm welcome. Our Community is truly amazing with many of our members sharing their stories and experience's and what has/had helped them. I just wanted to let you know that we do have Trained Digital Mentors on hand if you do ever need any support or advice. I will tag them in so you know who they are. @Blondie, @MonsoonΒ & @Aurora

If you do need anything in the meantime please feel free to reach out. 😊

Β 

Β 

Β 

On 7/27/2022 at 8:32 AM, transgendercatgirl said:

hi my name is hazel im new here and this is just something i wanted to just share or vent idk the terms srry

I discovered I was Transgender in 2020 after years of feeling off with my birth gender. the first person I came out to was my girlfriend at the time she supported me then I came out to my ex-friend I'm not sure how much he supported me. a couple of weeks passed and I decided I wanted to come out to my mom well I didn't want to be in the same house when I told her it so I went and stayed the night at my friend's house and I texted her. I can't remember exactly what I texted my mom but I remember she texted me something like "oh so you're gay?" I remember I told her the meaning of Transgender and the trans umbrella and this might sound crazy but I could feel like her text message tone was angry. she came and picked me up from my friend's house and the car drive was silent after having a couple of conversations it was clear that she didn't support me and she hasn't changed her mind after 2 years. she often blames my aunt and herself for my gender identity and some times I find myself crying at night because I really want to transition but as my mom said "you can do your f***** shit when you are out of this house end of story" she won't let me get the hairstyle I want she won't let me dress more feminine she won't let me wear makeup and she keeps deadnaming me shit one time she gave me $20 to change one of my social media names to my deadname. anyway, i just wanted to share my little story with yall I just wish my mom would support me :(Β 

Hey Hazel,

Welcome :)Β 

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out.Β 

I'm really sorry to hear how things are with your mom. I cannot imagine how hard this is for you, but we are here to talk these feelings through with you and we will support you however we can. You are not alone in this. How has this been for you? What is your emotional experience of this?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Monsoon
This post was recognized by Monsoon!

"Really lovely message, thank you for sharing."

ZLyn was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness'

Hi hazel! I’m so so sorry to hear that but just remember us on ditch the label we all support and love you for you❀️❀️❀️ It’s so sad when I hear stories like this but I’ll Β be your family if yours won’t accept you❀️❀️ Just remember not to be sad or disappointed in yourself just bc your trans, you can’t change it in yourself so love it❀️ I think everyone has some masculinity and femininity in them and being trans is just accepting that you have more of the other. I’m so so so proud of you for coming out to a homophobic parent bc that’s hard :)) keep it up!! We love you❀️

• Like 1