This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Trauma

I have anxiety and do weirdly bad things happen to me quite literally all the time yes, yes they do! This is for ranting purpose and comment your anxiety stories that are weirdly bad and now have scarred you for life!

trimkeyboard7878    

So this summer was pretty awesome, I relaxed by the pool a lot and everything was pretty chill. I do a girl scout type thing and I switched troops this year (I started in this troop moved to one closer to my house and then moved back to the first one this year) and I was re-introduced to the troop at something right before our annual summer camp that is for a lot of troops I go the day before it starts because my mom is apart of the nursing team at camp, the first day of camp you get settled in your assigned cabin, do a swim test, and a knife safety class. It started pouring rain during the swim test so my new troop and I ran to the cabin and waited it out, while it was still raining we had to go to knife safety, I was in the class right after the rest of them so I went with them and waited outside of the covered pavilion (the rain had stopped by the time we got to the class.)  I was stressed by the swim test quite a bit, I was processing my bff coming out as lesbian (it was surprising i'm not homophobic i'm now bisexual)  and was just stressed in general and had an anxiety attack. One of the leaders from my new troop (who's family I had stayed in touch with through the 4 years i was in the other troop) saw that I was struggling and asked me what was wrong, before that point I had never opened up or told anybody about my anxiety I said to her that I had anxiety and that I was having an anxiety attack, she calmed me down, gave me a hug and told me that she has anxiety to, I instantly didn't feel so alone anymore and I felt that I could open up about things and be open about everything anxiety related, with her at least. She made sure I was ok during my knife safety class and I was left to do the rest of my day. I struggled with anxiety the whole week and she was understanding bout it, I had never been treated like that before and it was amazing, I stuck close by her the whole week and she even helped me realize that I have a hidden talent that I didn't even now about, I'm good at archery (she taught it at camp and I knew i liked it but hadn't done it in a while.) She told me about an archery club team that she was starting with another leader (who happened to be my amazing friend's mother) and I was excited about it. Later in the week we got to do a high ropes course, I had tried earlier in the week but had chickened out but I love the zip line so the camp director (who also happened to be the mother of another friend lol) let me just do the zip line or even the high ropes if I wanted, I was up there and we were going to be up for about 2 hours and it was fun for about the first hour, one of my friends (second archery person's kid) was getting really scared about something I was up on the tower about 7 feet away from her and after she got off the thing she was on and I gave her a hug, her mother was there and said "Thank you Natasha (thats not my name btw) you are an amazing friend" and her saying that made me happy. I was helping my friend calm down when another friend was struggling on the course and had to be taken off, to make an extremely long story a little bit shorter she had to go to the hospital, the leader that had been haling me with stuff all week went with her and I felt more alone then ever, all of the girls that were on the course that were in our troop went back to the cabin and cried together, I didn't know that the leader had to with her until later. I felt alone just because they all knew her better then I did and I thought that I had royally screwed up or something and I wanted everything to be ok, the leader came back to camp that night and wanted to come check on us immediately to make sure we were ok but another leader made her eat dinner first because she had missed dinner and when she came into our cabin the other girls were chanting Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! before realizing who it was (we had been promised chocolate 2 hours earlier) But I ran up and hugged her, I had written her a letter and given it to her with instructions to read it before she went to bed that night, the next morning at breakfast I asked her if she read it and if she could actually read my handwriting (its really bad) she said that she really loved my letter and that she could read my handwriting. Now I see her almost every week between scouts and archery and I write her notes and letters a lot. My other archery coach's kid is one of my best friends and she has helped me learn more about myself and she accepts me for who i am (well I havn't told her i'm Bi yet so lets see how this goes!) 

14 hours ago, trimkeyboard7878 said:

So this summer was pretty awesome, I relaxed by the pool a lot and everything was pretty chill. I do a girl scout type thing and I switched troops this year (I started in this troop moved to one closer to my house and then moved back to the first one this year) and I was re-introduced to the troop at something right before our annual summer camp that is for a lot of troops I go the day before it starts because my mom is apart of the nursing team at camp, the first day of camp you get settled in your assigned cabin, do a swim test, and a knife safety class. It started pouring rain during the swim test so my new troop and I ran to the cabin and waited it out, while it was still raining we had to go to knife safety, I was in the class right after the rest of them so I went with them and waited outside of the covered pavilion (the rain had stopped by the time we got to the class.)  I was stressed by the swim test quite a bit, I was processing my bff coming out as lesbian (it was surprising i'm not homophobic i'm now bisexual)  and was just stressed in general and had an anxiety attack. One of the leaders from my new troop (who's family I had stayed in touch with through the 4 years i was in the other troop) saw that I was struggling and asked me what was wrong, before that point I had never opened up or told anybody about my anxiety I said to her that I had anxiety and that I was having an anxiety attack, she calmed me down, gave me a hug and told me that she has anxiety to, I instantly didn't feel so alone anymore and I felt that I could open up about things and be open about everything anxiety related, with her at least. She made sure I was ok during my knife safety class and I was left to do the rest of my day. I struggled with anxiety the whole week and she was understanding bout it, I had never been treated like that before and it was amazing, I stuck close by her the whole week and she even helped me realize that I have a hidden talent that I didn't even now about, I'm good at archery (she taught it at camp and I knew i liked it but hadn't done it in a while.) She told me about an archery club team that she was starting with another leader (who happened to be my amazing friend's mother) and I was excited about it. Later in the week we got to do a high ropes course, I had tried earlier in the week but had chickened out but I love the zip line so the camp director (who also happened to be the mother of another friend lol) let me just do the zip line or even the high ropes if I wanted, I was up there and we were going to be up for about 2 hours and it was fun for about the first hour, one of my friends (second archery person's kid) was getting really scared about something I was up on the tower about 7 feet away from her and after she got off the thing she was on and I gave her a hug, her mother was there and said "Thank you Natasha (thats not my name btw) you are an amazing friend" and her saying that made me happy. I was helping my friend calm down when another friend was struggling on the course and had to be taken off, to make an extremely long story a little bit shorter she had to go to the hospital, the leader that had been haling me with stuff all week went with her and I felt more alone then ever, all of the girls that were on the course that were in our troop went back to the cabin and cried together, I didn't know that the leader had to with her until later. I felt alone just because they all knew her better then I did and I thought that I had royally screwed up or something and I wanted everything to be ok, the leader came back to camp that night and wanted to come check on us immediately to make sure we were ok but another leader made her eat dinner first because she had missed dinner and when she came into our cabin the other girls were chanting Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! before realizing who it was (we had been promised chocolate 2 hours earlier) But I ran up and hugged her, I had written her a letter and given it to her with instructions to read it before she went to bed that night, the next morning at breakfast I asked her if she read it and if she could actually read my handwriting (its really bad) she said that she really loved my letter and that she could read my handwriting. Now I see her almost every week between scouts and archery and I write her notes and letters a lot. My other archery coach's kid is one of my best friends and she has helped me learn more about myself and she accepts me for who i am (well I havn't told her i'm Bi yet so lets see how this goes!) 

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing you story with us :)

How is it going with her at the moment then? It sounds like you're getting on pretty well, especially with the writing and seeing her almost every week. Also, I'm curious about the title you gave to this topic. I'm wondering, can you tell me a little bit more about what you mean by anxiety experiences scarring you for life? 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing you story with us :)

How is it going with her at the moment then? It sounds like you're getting on pretty well, especially with the writing and seeing her almost every week. Also, I'm curious about the title you gave to this topic. I'm wondering, can you tell me a little bit more about what you mean by anxiety experiences scarring you for life? 

I see the leaders I mentioned almost every week the kid who had to go to the hospital I see every two weeks or so because she doesn't do archery.

So we were at this camp for a week long thing this summer sometime in august and I went back for a different camp about 2 weeks ago with the same friends and I had a great time that weekend but I was so scared all weekend and one of my friends helped me just face it again, I got back up onto the zip line which is the same tower as the high ropes course and I remembered everything clear as day but I had a good friend there with me to face it. (it wasn't the kid who had to go to the hospital it was the second leaders daughter) I remember it ever day and I can't escape it quite yet. This story has been kind of hard to share but its slowly getting better as I talk through it with my friends and the leaders. 

• Like 1

Hey there,

Aww, I'm glad that your friends helped you to face it again; it sounds like they are really supportive. Yeah, these kinds of stories can be hard to share, but time really is the best healer of things, as well as talking to people. How are you feeling about everything today? 

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Aww, I'm glad that your friends helped you to face it again; it sounds like they are really supportive. Yeah, these kinds of stories can be hard to share, but time really is the best healer of things, as well as talking to people. How are you feeling about everything today? 

They are very supportive about everything, and i'm lucky to have friends like them. I'm feeling good, my hand hurts a bit because I jammed my finger playing volleyball this morning but ive done that before on the other hand and it hurt worse this first time so, i'm good. How are you?

Hey,

I'm good, thanks for asking. Yeah, it's really good to hear about your supportive friends. sorry to hear about your finger though! How long did it take to recover last time?

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2021 at 7:01 PM, trimkeyboard7878 said:

The season ended a few months ago and I don't have the time but i'll most likely play next season

Sounds good! You'll have to be extra careful and protect your fingers! 

• 1 month later...
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Ok so I don't wanna really get into it but when I was 11 I came home from school to find my mother holding my phone in her hands. She threw it across the room and started screaming like hell about why I'm such a terrible daughter. She had gone thru my messages and found one where I simply joked about having strict parents- she grabbed my arm and more or less dragged me to the yard and locked me out for the entire day. Every once in a while she came out to scream at me more/hit me (meanwhile I could not stop crying). I've gotten over it for the most part, but ever since then I can't hear someone yelling or a door slamming without dissociating or getting flashbacks. 

Funny thing is, she never even apologised or seemed sorry at all.

• Shocked 1

Also, I have a mental health disorder called selective mutism. It means I’m unable to speak in certain social situations. Fun. I have social anxiety too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Melina said:

Ok so I don't wanna really get into it but when I was 11 I came home from school to find my mother holding my phone in her hands. She threw it across the room and started screaming like hell about why I'm such a terrible daughter. She had gone thru my messages and found one where I simply joked about having strict parents- she grabbed my arm and more or less dragged me to the yard and locked me out for the entire day. Every once in a while she came out to scream at me more/hit me (meanwhile I could not stop crying). I've gotten over it for the most part, but ever since then I can't hear someone yelling or a door slamming without dissociating or getting flashbacks. 

Hey @Melina

I just want you to know that I've sent you a message to check in. I hope to hear back from you soon. 

On 1/24/2022 at 4:34 AM, Melina said:

This shouldn't have happened to you. No one deserves to have abusive parents because everyone deserves ti be safe in their own home.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 3:50 AM, Elated Homoromantic said:

This shouldn't have happened to you. No one deserves to have abusive parents because everyone deserves ti be safe in their own home.

They're not abusive it only happened once and she acts like it never happened :/

8 hours ago, Melina said:

They're not abusive it only happened once and she acts like it never happened :/

But still, she crossed the line.

• Like 1