a rant about life

Daithi    

Ive lived in the same city for about 9 years and now im moving 2-3 h away. I was sure i had a good amount of friends, but now, this summer, almost noone has talked to me. I have 2 friends who have wanted to hang out. A few girls from my class said they would host a sending away party for me, but now they dont talk to me. Ive felt so alone for months now. Because of my moms job, i havent seen her a lot either. Everything i do feels wrong. Im scared of going to a new school with new people, cuz i dont exactly fit in. Talking about my problems and feelings feels like im doing it for attention. Im always confused and angry with myself. Ive ruined 3 friend/relationships this year by having feelings. Im scared i wont make it through this year.

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
14 hours ago, Ezra- said:

Ive lived in the same city for about 9 years and now im moving 2-3 h away. I was sure i had a good amount of friends, but now, this summer, almost noone has talked to me. I have 2 friends who have wanted to hang out. A few girls from my class said they would host a sending away party for me, but now they dont talk to me. Ive felt so alone for months now. Because of my moms job, i havent seen her a lot either. Everything i do feels wrong. Im scared of going to a new school with new people, cuz i dont exactly fit in. Talking about my problems and feelings feels like im doing it for attention. Im always confused and angry with myself. Ive ruined 3 friend/relationships this year by having feelings. Im scared i wont make it through this year.

Hey @Ezra- thanks so much for sharing and I hear how bad you are feeling.

Can I firstly clarify what you mean by not making it through the year? Your safety and wellbeing is a priority to us so please let me know.

Moving like this and starting again is of course daunting but it can also be a positive; a chance for a 'fresh start'. Did your friends say that your feelings have affected the friendships?

Staff-Account.png

HI. Im safe, trying to look for help, just worried i wont be myself anymore. The friends that i had feelings for dont talk to me anymore and avoid contact, so i think thats an affect.

• Ditch the Label Staff
32 minutes ago, Ezra- said:

HI. Im safe, trying to look for help, just worried i wont be myself anymore. The friends that i had feelings for dont talk to me anymore and avoid contact, so i think thats an affect.

Thanks so much for letting me know - I'm very glad you're safe.

When you reach out to these friends now are you being ignored? Do you think there's a chance that you could speak to any of them and have an honest conversation so you can move forward.

Equally, friendship goes both ways and should ideally be balanced and/or complimentary - you deserve respect and communication within a friendship so I wouldn't want you to think that you should take the blame for everything that potentially didn't work out. 

Staff-Account.png

7 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Thanks so much for letting me know - I'm very glad you're safe.

When you reach out to these friends now are you being ignored? Do you think there's a chance that you could speak to any of them and have an honest conversation so you can move forward.

Equally, friendship goes both ways and should ideally be balanced and/or complimentary - you deserve respect and communication within a friendship so I wouldn't want you to think that you should take the blame for everything that potentially didn't work out. 

Thank you. Ill try to talk things through with them.

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 minute ago, Ezra- said:

Thank you. Ill try to talk things through with them.

Let us know how you get on - we're here for you when you need us.

Staff-Account.png