This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Non-Binary Person Here    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Ok so I'm in an Adventure P.E class at school. On tuesday, we will start going through the skills for canoeing. And on Wednesday, we are doing a 300 meter swim. Out of everyone in the class, I am the only big person. Plus everyone but me is good at swimming. Me however, can only swim a little. We have to do it as a whole class, but I know that I won't do good. Since I've had a bad childhood I don't really like doing it without at least 1 friend but I don't have any friends in that class. I tend to compare my body to others. The kids in my class are more fit than I am. What do I do if they start laughing at me?  Should I just try my best and give it my all or what? Please help! My mind is an absolute mess because of this.

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.
8 hours ago, Non-Binary Person Here said:

Ok so I'm in an Adventure P.E class at school. On tuesday, we will start going through the skills for canoeing. And on Wednesday, we are doing a 300 meter swim. Out of everyone in the class, I am the only big person. Plus everyone but me is good at swimming. Me however, can only swim a little. We have to do it as a whole class, but I know that I won't do good. Since I've had a bad childhood I don't really like doing it without at least 1 friend but I don't have any friends in that class. I tend to compare my body to others. The kids in my class are more fit than I am. What do I do if they start laughing at me?  Should I just try my best and give it my all or what? Please help! My mind is an absolute mess because of this.

Hi there. Thanks for sharing how you feel. It's really tough when we feel like everyone else is better at something than we are. I would imagine that there might be a few others in your class, who feel exactly the same. We often don't realise that others have the same worries than us.  I think it's great that you want to give it a go and try your best. I'm wondering, do you know the teachers in the Adventure PE class and is there any chance you could speak to them beforehand about how you feel? Then they might be able to give you some extra support and also make sure that no one is unkind to you when you're trying your best. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

I know the teacher and I'll likely talk to him about it.

Ok so I tried talking to my teacher but he was too busy with other students.

• Digital Mentor
On 9/17/2022 at 12:55 AM, Non-Binary Person Here said:

Ok so I tried talking to my teacher but he was too busy with other students.

That's frustrating. Is there anyway you can get a message to your teacher, to let them know you would like to talk to them? I think you said your first lesson was tomorrow. Maybe you could speak to them right at the beginning of the lesson if you can't catch them beforehand? 

Staff-Account.png