Hi, I'm here now

Onecore    

Well, hello there, I call myself Onecore on the internet. 

I'm just another random kid who's trying to find things out.

I'm shy but very talkative, so if anyone wants to talk, dang would I be happy. Now whoever is maybe interested, I'm a science nerd, beginner writer, metalhead, heavy electronic music and classical enjoyer (love music in general), I love it when people tell me about themselves (probably comes with being someone who enjoys learning) and I'm an open book. 

I hope I'm doing this right

Have a nice day

• Like 2

Now, I'm actually here because I'm kinda doubting that I'm straight. Maybe I'm bi or pan? I'm also not sure about my gender, if I'm just a tomboy or maybe demigender? 

I never had many friends in my life, at the moment I have two, but we aren't that close. I sometimes get quite lonely. I thought I would get used to it, but it only gets worse. This also caused me to stop feeling certain things, like affection by others. 

I also stopped feeling excitement for stuff like holidays. Only for things that happen in my head, which is pretty weird. I was a sad child a few times in life and that made me cold, I think, since I never had anybody to talk to. 

(I just wanted to put this here, since I can't edit my post) 

• Hug 1

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey there @Onecore Firstly welcome to our community!

I’m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

Can I ask if you’ve ever been closer to the 2 friends that you mention?

Staff-Account.png

@Blondie

No, not really. Friend 1 is very different from me and friend 2 has a rather strong mental disability, which makes it hard to have proper conversations.

I know that people say that opposites attract each other, or something. But in my case it just doesn't work like that. I need a deep connection to someone who is like me, who I can talk to about my interests and everything. Now that's just a theory of mine, since I never had someone like this. And that is just not possible with these two. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 hours ago, Onecore said:

@Blondie

No, not really. Friend 1 is very different from me and friend 2 has a rather strong mental disability, which makes it hard to have proper conversations.

I know that people say that opposites attract each other, or something. But in my case it just doesn't work like that. I need a deep connection to someone who is like me, who I can talk to about my interests and everything. Now that's just a theory of mine, since I never had someone like this. And that is just not possible with these two. 

One of the most useful ways to develop new friendships can be to meet people with similar interests and hobbies.

This can significantly reduce any awkwardness at getting to know people when you have common interests.

How would that feel?

Staff-Account.png

@Blondie

That's what I'm actually trying to do. At the moment I'm trying that through the internet, still no success. I'll be attending a new school in a few months, I hope there I can find someone, even though the chances are pretty small. Or maybe I'll meet someone in the city. 

I just have one problem. I don't remember how to make friends, it's been a few years since I made my last one. And that process is probably different now as teenagers, instead of preschoolers and elementary school students. Now I can see it only like a game of chance. 

How can I find someone with the same interests as I have in real life? I'm not sure if doing it through the internet really works for me, since it just doesn't feel real. And then that connection is missing. 

11 hours ago, Onecore said:

I'm shy but very talkative, so if anyone wants to talk, dang would I be happy. Now whoever is maybe interested, I'm a science nerd, beginner writer, metalhead, heavy electronic music and classical enjoyer (love music in general), I love it when people tell me about themselves (probably comes with being someone who enjoys learning) and I'm an open book. 

Have a nice day

Hi! Nice to meet you im Brie!

Blondie
This post was recognized by Blondie!

Gremlin was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 25 points.

6 hours ago, Onecore said:

@Blondie

That's what I'm actually trying to do. At the moment I'm trying that through the internet, still no success. I'll be attending a new school in a few months, I hope there I can find someone, even though the chances are pretty small. Or maybe I'll meet someone in the city. 

I just have one problem. I don't remember how to make friends, it's been a few years since I made my last one. And that process is probably different now as teenagers, instead of preschoolers and elementary school students. Now I can see it only like a game of chance. 

How can I find someone with the same interests as I have in real life? I'm not sure if doing it through the internet really works for me, since it just doesn't feel real. And then that connection is missing. 

I can relate to you with knowing how to make friends, im sure it can be even tricker to make friend in new school. Now, im no expert on making friends but with the friend I have in person we have common hobbits we like to talk about! One way you can see if someone has similar interest with someone, is what they wear like a graphic shirt from a band you like, or a hot topic pin on their back pack.  You can look around your classroom or Luch period and see if theirs anyone you wouldn't mind have a nice chat with! You can even try looking for clubs at your school you might be interested in, that way you can explore your hobbies with other and place to look for friends!  But what's most important is to be yourself (yes I know that must sound super Chessy) but its true if i were to make a friend I want them to like me for me. Sorry if this turned into more of a ramble, I hope I was able to give you some more ideas on how to make friends. 

Ps. you should be super proud of yourself for making the effort to put yourself out there for wanting to make friends

Pss. My messages are always open! :3

-Brie 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Onecore said:

Have a nice day

Welcome to Ditch The Label! Im also a science nerd.

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
11 hours ago, Onecore said:

@Blondie

Hey there,

Firstly, I think @Gremlin shared some excellent advice! Also, once you're in your new school, start looking at the clubs and societies that are there - there are likely to be lots of people you can connect with.

Also, definitely worth remembering that a lot of people share similar worries about making friends so it won't just be you feeling this way.

Staff-Account.png

Of course! Happy too help^^

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 4:59 AM, Onecore said:

@BusinessBee

Oh cool! What are your favorites? 

Biology and chemistry how about you?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BusinessBee said:

Biology and chemistry how about you?

Astronomy, (astro, quantum and particle) physics, AI development + robotics, anthropology, neurology and of course, I find everything else also interesting! Haven't found a science yet that I don't like. 

• Yaaas 1

1 minute ago, Onecore said:

Astronomy, (astro, quantum and particle) physics, AI development + robotics, anthropology, neurology and of course, I find everything else also interesting! Haven't found a science yet that I don't like. 

I haven't found one either!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BusinessBee said:

I haven't found one either!

Haha cool! For how long have you been into science now? For me I think it started in 5th grade, I just had a sudden urge to learn about the universe. It was wonderful. 

19 hours ago, Onecore said:

Haha cool! For how long have you been into science now? For me I think it started in 5th grade, I just had a sudden urge to learn about the universe. It was wonderful. 

Ive always just kinda liked science but I learned what kinds I loved in the 3rd grade.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BusinessBee said:

Do you like history?

Yup, I like ancient stuff and I guess the history of societies the most. Ancient Egypt is probably my favorite. Archeology is also really cool.