Finding it hard to start a conversation or keep one going…

-Penny    

Soo this is gonna sound really confusing but does anyone else find it hard to keep a conversation going, or start one? I would ask someone irl but I don’t know how :/

Like, for example, in school the other day, I got in trouble…not detention or anything, just had a bad day- so I got in the car when my mum picked me up after a club and I really wanted to tell her - she would find out somehow anyway so better me telling her than a random teacher. So as I said I got in the car and tried to tell her but all I could say was “Um” for about 3 minutes straight. I finally managed to tell her but only after she literally had to ask me “Has anything happened at school today?”

It’s weird because when I’m chatting on here or on games it’s perfectly fine, but as soon as I speak to someone in person it becomes really awkward.

Has anyone been able to get out of this or is it just a thing everyone has?-

(Sorry this was a long post it’s really hard to explain it lol)

• Ditch the Label Staff
11 hours ago, Piper said:

Soo this is gonna sound really confusing but does anyone else find it hard to keep a conversation going, or start one? I would ask someone irl but I don’t know how :/

Like, for example, in school the other day, I got in trouble…not detention or anything, just had a bad day- so I got in the car when my mum picked me up after a club and I really wanted to tell her - she would find out somehow anyway so better me telling her than a random teacher. So as I said I got in the car and tried to tell her but all I could say was “Um” for about 3 minutes straight. I finally managed to tell her but only after she literally had to ask me “Has anything happened at school today?”

It’s weird because when I’m chatting on here or on games it’s perfectly fine, but as soon as I speak to someone in person it becomes really awkward.

Has anyone been able to get out of this or is it just a thing everyone has?-

(Sorry this was a long post it’s really hard to explain it lol)

I think that this will be relatable to lots of people as we can have a tendency to overthink everything. 
I guess we would all like not to be misunderstood and to explain our thoughts and views really clearly so we can end up tripping ourselves up.

I think a good start could be to work on having faith in what you are going to say.

What do you think?

Staff-Account.png

On 6/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, Blondie said:

I think that this will be relatable to lots of people as we can have a tendency to overthink everything. 
I guess we would all like not to be misunderstood and to explain our thoughts and views really clearly so we can end up tripping ourselves up.

I think a good start could be to work on having faith in what you are going to say.

What do you think?

Yeah that sounds good, I always know what to say but I just can’t get the words out, if that makes sense?

• Ditch the Label Staff
10 hours ago, Piper said:

Yeah that sounds good, I always know what to say but I just can’t get the words out, if that makes sense?

Completely! 

Remind yourself that you've got this - maybe start with a simple version of what you want to say and then gradually expand on it.

With practice, it will gradually become easier and feel more natural and you'll start to feel a lot more confident.

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png