My introduction

Moonlight74    

Hello my nickname is scooby (cousin gave it to me cause we was always watching scooby doo and it rhymes with my actual name).  I'm from north america. My preferred pronouns are she/her but I have been questioning here lately. I am currently trying to learn a new language. I have a cat, snake, and two guinea pigs (technically three if you count my moms). Im here cause i dont really have any one in the community around me like i do but its hard to talk to them and im hoping to get help with questioning my bisexuality (idk if I worded that right). I tried talking to my step dad but hes straight (that has nothing to do with it besides the fact he doesn't understand anything i try and talk about.)

Hi, @Moonlight74!

I can understand the struggle with questioning your sexuality, as it's something I've faced for 2+ years before finally realizing I'm bi :')

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble communicating with your step dad... I hope things get better with him! Do you have any other family member that might understand the situation you're in, and would try to help you out with your gender and sexuality questioning, or any local LGBTQ+ support group to lean back on? If not, maybe you've got a friend who's an ally or a part of the community?

It's nice to hear you've got pretty adorable pets! How are they doing? ^^

@Molly9090

Hi. I do have an aunt that is lesbain but due to are family she doesn't havd much knowledge either and I end up teaching her everything I learn. I also have a friend who is pansexual and we are learning together. She said if I wanted/needed to she would use any pronoun I wanted until i knew for sure what i was comfortable with, so that's less of an issue here lately (honestly dont know why i brought that up. She has that one covered for me thankfully). My pets are doing great, my cat loves to argue and got mad at me because he took off out the door and didnt come back for two nights (when I tried to get him he attacked me) he blames me for everything even if someone else in the family does it.

Edited by Moonlight74

@Moonlight74

I'm glad you've got a family member and a friend who may know how this feels like. I suggest trying to reach out to a local LGBTQ center, or an LGBTQ friendly therapist to discuss things over with, if you still feel like you'll need some help regarding your identity and sexual orientation. ^^

Also, I'm sorry that your cat treats you that way... I hope things get better with him. 

@Molly9090

Reaching out to an lgbtq+ center or therapist sounds low key scary I did good working up the caurage to actually post on her and also for therapy i dont really have any money. As for my cat although he has attitude and i may have spoiled him way to much i love him and i know he loves me cause hes almost always with me and most the time wont go to sleep unless I lay down or am in bed or he will sleep somewhere near me.

@Moonlight74 Aw, that sounds sweet! I'm glad your cat loves you. :)

I'm sorry about the issue regarding your financial situation... Hopefully it gets better for you in the future. And I'm proud of you for working up the courage to post here, as not many people would have done that, and I'm glad you acknowledge that. :)

Are there any other ways you think you can reach out to for help, in the meantime? You should probably try talking to the digital mentors like Monsoon, Daisy, and Blondie, just in case. They have really good advice on topics related to mental health and sexuality!

• 2 weeks later...