This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide, Hate, Other, Trauma, Self-Harm, Heavy emotion, Abuse

If you're in danger or feeling suicidal, read this.

Harper ย  ย 

• Digital Mentor
10 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

Band. I did two band classes and just finished my bass lesson. I still havenโ€™t eaten or showered or done laundry or the paper Iโ€™m supposed to have done by tonight. Iโ€™m miserably unproductiveย 

Two band classes and a bass lesson - it sounds to me like you've done quite a lot today already ๐Ÿ™‚. Do you mind me asking why you think that you are being unproductive? I have also replied to your message on CS in case you would prefer to talk about it there.ย 

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

Two band classes and a bass lesson - it sounds to me like you've done quite a lot today already ๐Ÿ™‚. Do you mind me asking why you think that you are being unproductive? I have also replied to your message on CS in case you would prefer to talk about it there.ย 

Those are auxiliary. The things I actually had to go were put aside because of those. Doing things for fun isnโ€™t being productive, and thatโ€™s exactly what I did. The things I mentioned later in the post however, did get completed before the day was over with the exception of the shower, and I wonโ€™t have the chance to today because I donโ€™t have access to my shower rn and donโ€™t want to use my sistersโ€™ shower, so maybe tonight. I ate dinner though, and wrote my stupid paper (now Iโ€™m dealing with my professorโ€™s bad attitude ๐Ÿ˜‘) and my sister put away my laundry for me which I was super grateful for. It was nice to take my clothes neatly out of the closet rather than digging around in my laundry bin. I still have quite a bit of cleaning to do in my room, but I just donโ€™t have it in me. I got yelled at this morning for โ€œwaking up at 9 (it was like 8:30 but I digress) ย only because my mom woke me upโ€. She was mad because I didnโ€™t get up on my own, and because I hadnโ€™t let the dogs out yet or fed them because she had students coming soon. No matter what I do Iโ€™m wrong. I even messed up sleeping lmao. What am I even doing anymore

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

Those are auxiliary. The things I actually had to go were put aside because of those. Doing things for fun isnโ€™t being productive, and thatโ€™s exactly what I did. The things I mentioned later in the post however, did get completed before the day was over with the exception of the shower, and I wonโ€™t have the chance to today because I donโ€™t have access to my shower rn and donโ€™t want to use my sistersโ€™ shower, so maybe tonight. I ate dinner though, and wrote my stupid paper (now Iโ€™m dealing with my professorโ€™s bad attitude ๐Ÿ˜‘) and my sister put away my laundry for me which I was super grateful for. It was nice to take my clothes neatly out of the closet rather than digging around in my laundry bin. I still have quite a bit of cleaning to do in my room, but I just donโ€™t have it in me. I got yelled at this morning for โ€œwaking up at 9 (it was like 8:30 but I digress) ย only because my mom woke me upโ€. She was mad because I didnโ€™t get up on my own, and because I hadnโ€™t let the dogs out yet or fed them because she had students coming soon. No matter what I do Iโ€™m wrong. I even messed up sleeping lmao. What am I even doing anymore

Hi TinyDinos. It sounds like you're really exhuasted and overwhelmed right now. Do you find yourself feeling sleepier than before? It might be your body's way to ask you to slow down. I know you've got a lot going on and that you've been working so hard for such a long time. But it does sound like you would need a break where you can just rest and do things in your pace. Are you able to get this during the weekends or not during the week?

I'm so happy your sister helped you with your laundry. It sounds like the kind of kindness you really needed at that moment. It is a small gesture that tells you that she's really looking out for youย โค๏ธ

Staff-Account.png

9 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi TinyDinos. It sounds like you're really exhuasted and overwhelmed right now. Do you find yourself feeling sleepier than before? It might be your body's way to ask you to slow down. I know you've got a lot going on and that you've been working so hard for such a long time. But it does sound like you would need a break where you can just rest and do things in your pace. Are you able to get this during the weekends or not during the week?

I'm so happy your sister helped you with your laundry. It sounds like the kind of kindness you really needed at that moment. It is a small gesture that tells you that she's really looking out for youย โค๏ธ

Yeah as per usual. I am really sleepy lately. I almost never nap unless I pull an all nighter or Iโ€™m sick, ย but I have taken a midday nap almost every day this week. Itโ€™s weird. Today was mostly chill except for the morning. I played more bass today and watched Scream w my family. It was nice. I didnโ€™t nap though. I wanted to draw smt but wound up just scrolling thru Pinterest instead of actually drawing. Iโ€™m gonna sleep again now. My sister was really nice to me, I didnโ€™t even ask her to do it and she did, and then she didnโ€™t do a bad job either, she actually treated my things with respect which is nice. Like I said, it made my morning a little bit nicer despite my momโ€™s yelling and nitpicking.

• Digital Mentor
7 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

Yeah as per usual. I am really sleepy lately. I almost never nap unless I pull an all nighter or Iโ€™m sick, ย but I have taken a midday nap almost every day this week. Itโ€™s weird. Today was mostly chill except for the morning. I played more bass today and watched Scream w my family. It was nice. I didnโ€™t nap though. I wanted to draw smt but wound up just scrolling thru Pinterest instead of actually drawing. Iโ€™m gonna sleep again now. My sister was really nice to me, I didnโ€™t even ask her to do it and she did, and then she didnโ€™t do a bad job either, she actually treated my things with respect which is nice. Like I said, it made my morning a little bit nicer despite my momโ€™s yelling and nitpicking.

You sound exhausted. Are you getting enough time to just be by yourself and do things that make you feel well in general? I am happy you and your family had a nice time watching Scream. Those little moments are so important :) Maybe you could do a horror movie night with pumpkin carving and a bit of arts and crafts together for Halloween?ย 

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Duckie said:

You sound exhausted. Are you getting enough time to just be by yourself and do things that make you feel well in general? I am happy you and your family had a nice time watching Scream. Those little moments are so important :) Maybe you could do a horror movie night with pumpkin carving and a bit of arts and crafts together for Halloween?ย 

I donโ€™t know. Iโ€™m probably gonna carve pumpkins w my uncle and his family (they live right down the street) and we might watch coralline and Iโ€™m excited for that too. I like spooky season. Weโ€™re probably gonna watch Jeepers Creepers with my parents next and weโ€™re looking forward to it

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, TinyDinos said:

I donโ€™t know. Iโ€™m probably gonna carve pumpkins w my uncle and his family (they live right down the street) and we might watch coralline and Iโ€™m excited for that too. I like spooky season. Weโ€™re probably gonna watch Jeepers Creepers with my parents next and weโ€™re looking forward to it

That sounds really exciting! I love Halloween too, but I always end up watching the scary movies alone as my family are wimpy like that lol. We usually end up watching the Muppets Haunted House (because my daughter is 4 so it's just up her street). Coraline is great though! Have you read the book by Neil Gaiman? It's really good :)

Never watched Jeepers Creepers. Is it good? Are you doing any halloween arts and crafts bits? :)ย 

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Duckie said:

That sounds really exciting! I love Halloween too, but I always end up watching the scary movies alone as my family are wimpy like that lol. We usually end up watching the Muppets Haunted House (because my daughter is 4 so it's just up her street). Coraline is great though! Have you read the book by Neil Gaiman? It's really good :)

Never watched Jeepers Creepers. Is it good? Are you doing any halloween arts and crafts bits? :)ย 

We are wimps too haha. My sisters and I just barely worked up enough courage to watch the scarier ones. We literally couldnโ€™t stomach making it past Drew Barrymore in Scream so it was a big deal that we made it through the whole movie. That sounds so sweet that you can do that with your daughter ๐Ÿฅฐ What is she dressing up as for Halloween? I havenโ€™t read the book yet, and I only saw the movie for the first time last year and loved it. Iโ€™ve never watched Jeepers Creepers yet either, but my Stepdad agreed with my mom that they would take turns choosing the scary movies haha. He doesnโ€™t like Scream so she got to choose that one for her turn, and he chose Jeepers Creepers. I donโ€™t know anything about it yet though haha. I just texted my uncle today about doing pumpkin carving but he hasnโ€™t replied yet. Iโ€™ve wanted to do inktober for a while now but always forget to start and by the time I realize itโ€™s too late lol. I might do some spooky art though.

2 hours ago, Duckie said:

I'm terrible with horror movies. I don't find it scary enough until I suddenly find it so scary that for the next month I keep thinking about it while trying to fall asleep. It definitely does not help me sleep......

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

We are wimps too haha. My sisters and I just barely worked up enough courage to watch the scarier ones. We literally couldnโ€™t stomach making it past Drew Barrymore in Scream so it was a big deal that we made it through the whole movie. That sounds so sweet that you can do that with your daughter ๐Ÿฅฐ What is she dressing up as for Halloween? I havenโ€™t read the book yet, and I only saw the movie for the first time last year and loved it. Iโ€™ve never watched Jeepers Creepers yet either, but my Stepdad agreed with my mom that they would take turns choosing the scary movies haha. He doesnโ€™t like Scream so she got to choose that one for her turn, and he chose Jeepers Creepers. I donโ€™t know anything about it yet though haha. I just texted my uncle today about doing pumpkin carving but he hasnโ€™t replied yet. Iโ€™ve wanted to do inktober for a while now but always forget to start and by the time I realize itโ€™s too late lol. I might do some spooky art though.

To be fair that Drew Barrymore scene is pretty unsettling and scary. First time I watched it my mouth was wide open in terror. I still struggle with anything that looks like torture, so I'm not that desensitised, but I do like paranormal movies (probably because they make me a tiny bit scared but they don't really get to me as much). I need to think something milder to watch with my husband... he had nightmares for weeks after watching IT... So might try Jeepers Creepers! Let me know if it's any good! Defo taking our daughter trick or treating this year, but haven't figured out the details just yetย ๐Ÿ˜Šย She has a unicorn suit that makes it look like she's riding a unicorn, which is really dope. But she says she wants a dinosaur outfit so might have to go on amazon and see what's available. Last year (her first year trick or treating) she was a cat. We got our first pumpkin and she found it a bit scary, so we called the pumpkin "Isabelle" to make it less intimidating! Now she thinks all pumpkins are named Isabelle.

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I'm terrible with horror movies. I don't find it scary enough until I suddenly find it so scary that for the next month I keep thinking about it while trying to fall asleep. It definitely does not help me sleep......

It's hard to find that balance isn't it? I've had the same issue myself thinking something isn't really getting to me and then suddenly it does. Or I may not even realise that it has until later. There's a fine line with some movies... Do you have an example of a movie that is just right, as in gives you a bit of a fright, but doesn't make it hard to sleep afterwards? You might find it helpful to google "movies like *insert the movie you have in mind*". The algorithms are surprisingly good at finding similar movies that you might enjoy. I sometimes check the parental advisory on imdb (even if it is for myself lol) to see if there is anything that might be triggering for me to watch. And sometimes I stick with silly horror movies. One moment I flinch and the next I'm in tears laughing. Black Sheep is the all time favourite!

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

7 hours ago, Duckie said:

To be fair that Drew Barrymore scene is pretty unsettling and scary. First time I watched it my mouth was wide open in terror. I still struggle with anything that looks like torture, so I'm not that desensitised, but I do like paranormal movies (probably because they make me a tiny bit scared but they don't really get to me as much). I need to think something milder to watch with my husband... he had nightmares for weeks after watching IT... So might try Jeepers Creepers! Let me know if it's any good! Defo taking our daughter trick or treating this year, but haven't figured out the details just yetย ๐Ÿ˜Šย She has a unicorn suit that makes it look like she's riding a unicorn, which is really dope. But she says she wants a dinosaur outfit so might have to go on amazon and see what's available. Last year (her first year trick or treating) she was a cat. We got our first pumpkin and she found it a bit scary, so we called the pumpkin "Isabelle" to make it less intimidating! Now she thinks all pumpkins are named Isabelle.

Awwwww precioussss! I love that! She seems like she would be so much fun to babysit ๐Ÿฅฐย 

Iโ€™ll let you know about the movie fs haha. I feel your husband on that one though.. I try to stay away from clowns if possible haha

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bianca.C said:

I'm scared all the time. I don't even belong here

You do belong here! You deserve support as much as anyone else, are you feeling safe right now? I hope youโ€™re okay? โค๏ธ

Iโ€™m sorry to hear that, Bianca. What usually helps when youโ€™re feeling this low? Weโ€™re here for you โค๏ธ

Youโ€™re not alone, you do not have to suffer alone. We at DTL are rooting for you to get better and see yourself like we do, as the amazing person you are โค๏ธโค๏ธ.ย 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Bianca.C said:

Hi @Bianca.C, thanks so much for reaching out. I can see that @Megs-ย has already been supporting you and I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have seen the message you wrote on confidential support and I have replied to you there. We're here for youย ๐Ÿซ‚ย 

Staff-Account.png

When the mh services leave you out toโ€™goโ€™

• Digital Mentor
5 minutes ago, Bianca.C said:

I'm sorry I don't understand what you are trying to say

Hi Bianca,

I think the comment above was referring to a different situation. How are you feeling now?

Staff-Account.png

10 hours ago, Bianca.C said:

Hugs ๐Ÿซ‚