Am i trans or confused?

Daithi    

Ive know that i was trans (transmasc) since i was 11, but recently ive been a bit confused. I identify as a trans non-binary and use he/ze/they pronouns. Ive never worried about being misgenderd, cuz i live in a coutry where a lot of the language is gender neutral (still misgendering happens, but its a lot less).  Only recently have i been confused, like when i was called someones boy best friend. It felt strange. Could it be im just not used to it?  Calling myself a boy feels wrong but calling myself a person also doesnt seem right. It might just be that ive been misgenderd up until now and its my first time being accepted. Still id like to hear someone elses thoughts on this.

Hey @Ezra-

Thanks for coming to us about this 🙂

It's interesting that you're questioning this. I can see that you have chosen he as one of your pronouns, so I would have thought that being referred to as 'boy' would have been okay for you. I wonder, has anyone ever referred to you as he/him? If so, how did it feel? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

HI. Being called he is good, i like it, i dont experience it a lot, but it does feel nice. Thinking about it, i might not like being called a boy, cuz it was used to bully me in middle school. Talking about it, it might get better with time.

Hey @Ezra-

I'm glad to hear that being called he is good for you. I wonder, is there something you could do to help people use 'he' more often, like wearing a pronoun badge? It might make it easier for coming out as well if you aren't already out to them. What do you think?

Also, yeah, talking about it will definitely help things to get better :). How are you feeling about it all at the moment? I just thought I'd check because I know this journey can be difficult, and talking helps massively. Speak soon. 

7 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Ezra-

I'm glad to hear that being called he is good for you. I wonder, is there something you could do to help people use 'he' more often, like wearing a pronoun badge? It might make it easier for coming out as well if you aren't already out to them. What do you think?

Also, yeah, talking about it will definitely help things to get better :). How are you feeling about it all at the moment? I just thought I'd check because I know this journey can be difficult, and talking helps massively. Speak soon. 

My language doesnt have pronouns so people use them when speaking english. Im good with telling people my pronouns but i feel like a badge might be too much. Im feeling better for sure,but its probs gonna take time.

Hey @Ezra-

Ahh, okay, thanks for explaining that about your language. Yeah, it would be good to tell people your pronouns for sure. I wonder, are you hoping to change your name at some point to one that you feel may reflect your true identity more? If so, maybe you could think about that a little more and then when you're ready, start telling people your new name? 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bisexualweeb said:

you are not confused u are amazing however u choose to identify, don't let any1 tell u that ur confused ur ✨amazing✨

Thank you. Since I posted this ,I have figured out myself a bit more,still no "final identity" (if that makes sense) but I'm getting there.