This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Trauma, Sexual Assault & Rape, Suicide, Hate, Mental Illness, Death, Abuse

What do you wish the person who bullied you knew?

jake Β  Β 

19 hours ago, dilanapenarosales said:

i wish they knew how much i was hating myself at that time and they knew how much damage they were causing in me. and that they were just making things way worse for me.

Sorry to hear about how this made you feel.Β If you like, we can talk about this in your other post? Just say the word.Β 

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 5/20/2021 at 11:23 AM, Blue22031 said:

I wish my bullies knew that they aren't the only ones who bully me, I also bully myself every single day and them saying the things I think about myself just makes everything even worse for me to cope with it.

bro this. this is so true.

Guest Kristmas

I wish they knew that they helped me grow and stand up for myself, but I also want them to know that after what they did and said I had lack of confidence and I hated myself in a way they will never understand.

Β 

17 hours ago, dilanapenarosales said:

thank you for the support and if you wouldn't mind i would like to talk about it because i haven't really talked it out with someone.

Sure. I've mentioned the bullying on your other post, so we can talk about it there :)

4 hours ago, Kristmas said:

I wish they knew that they helped me grow and stand up for myself, but I also want them to know that after what they did and said I had lack of confidence and I hated myself in a way they will never understand.

thanks for sharing this with us. how are you feeling about it all now? have you been able to boost your confidence? it's okay if not, and this is something that we canΒ help with, just say the word.Β 

I wish they knew I had low self-esteem,which I compensated by trying to be the smartest in the room but it wasn't enough. But still,they had to make my life more miserable than it already was..

Guest Kristmas
5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

thanks for sharing this with us. how are you feeling about it all now? have you been able to boost your confidence? it's okay if not, and this is something that we canΒ help with, just say the word.Β 

I feel more confident, but its still not fully back. I feel sorta happy it happened, so I could relate to people in the situation and help them get through it.

2 hours ago, Kristmas said:

I feel more confident, but its still not fully back. I feel sorta happy it happened, so I could relate to people in the situation and help them get through it.

Hey @Kristmas

I'm glad to hear that you feel more confident. Out ofΒ curiosity, how do youΒ think you were able to build yourΒ confidence? The things you didΒ could help you to get it fully back if you do more ☺️. I get what you mean about feeling sorta happy. We find it quite rewarding to help other people, and I just want to say that I think it's amazing to use your bad experiences to help other people. Go youΒ πŸ‘

Guest Kristmas
15 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Kristmas

I'm glad to hear that you feel more confident. Out ofΒ curiosity, how do youΒ think you were able to build yourΒ confidence? The things you didΒ could help you to get it fully back if you do more ☺️. I get what you mean about feeling sorta happy. We find it quite rewarding to help other people, and I just want to say that I think it's amazing to use your bad experiences to help other people. Go youΒ πŸ‘

I think I was able to build back my confidence, because once I learned how to stand up for myself more people wanted to be on my good side and so they were way nicer. Also I had my family to lean on to give me the confidence I needed. It wasn't easy, but I had to learn they had there own problems. I realizedΒ they felt that they could take it out on me and itΒ makes me feel good, becauseΒ they knew I could handle it and that gives me more confidence and they just didn't know it.

11 hours ago, Kristmas said:

I think I was able to build back my confidence, because once I learned how to stand up for myself more people wanted to be on my good side and so they were way nicer. Also I had my family to lean on to give me the confidence I needed. It wasn't easy, but I had to learn they had there own problems. I realizedΒ they felt that they could take it out on me and itΒ makes me feel good, becauseΒ they knew I could handle it and that gives me more confidence and they just didn't know it.

This is so nice to hear. You've had a proper success story and we are grateful that you 've shared it here with us at Ditch 😊. What do you reckon you need to do now to keep building your confidence? I know this is a hard question, sorry! 

Guest Kristmas
7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

This is so nice to hear. You've had a proper success story and we are grateful that you 've shared it here with us at Ditch 😊. What do you reckon you need to do now to keep building your confidence? I know this is a hard question, sorry! 

Keep being me and don't listen to what other people say. Also lean on the people I know who will help boost it and they can help me too.

3 hours ago, Kristmas said:

Keep being me and don't listen to what other people say. Also lean on the people I know who will help boost it and they can help me too.

Love that. You're going to do so well with that kind of mindset. Go you! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 3:31 PM, tigerlemon said:

I wish she knew just how much I cared about her and how much it hurt that she betrayed me the way she did and that since it happened I have real trust issues >>

I totally get why you feel that way. We are here for you if you'd like to talk about it.Β 

This kid in my class was horrible to me for the dumbest reason - we were born in the same day but I was born a bit earlier and he has wanted to be better than me at everything since he found out. I wish he would know how it affected me and that I would always end the day feeling awful because of him. If you somehow see this I hope you know it's you mister actually-born-8-hours-after-me.

I also want to mention this one time when both are mums agreed I was older and then afterwards he came up to me and said 'yeah but technically I'm still older'. REALLY LEO???????

I wish they knew how much it has damaged my self-esteem

I don't even know why they hate me

• Ditch the Label Staff
12 hours ago, Crazygirl said:

I don't even know why they hate me

I'm sorry you had this experience - it's important to remember that it's always because of the attitudes of the person/people doing the bullying that are at fault. For example, if someone experiences racist hate, it is the racist attitudes that are wrong and not a person's skin colour which they should rightly be proud of. It's hard to remember this sometimes when we have these experiences but it can help to flip the narrative.Β Β Β 

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not this fun game of β€œrun away screaming whenever you are close to [REDACTED (deadname)] until she’s crying in the counselor’s office”

8 hours ago, Stormy_Skies said:

It’s not this fun game of β€œrun away screaming whenever you are close to [REDACTED (deadname)] until she’s crying in the counselor’s office”

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. Just remember that when someone bullies you, the problem is with them, not you. The person being bullied ends up being the target for whatever the other person is going through. There is nothing wrong with you, and you did not deserve this. If you like, you can talk to us about this. We are here for you.Β 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Guess what?Β  Β IΒ  learned that they were not a friend at all and I was better off without them.Β  I became successful, graduated from college and have a great career and true friends that treat me with respect and dignity.Β  They are the loser...I would have been a great friend.Β  They blew it for themselves!

• 3 weeks later...

i wish they knew that even though i liked them (as more than a friend) they had no right to make fun of me. i had just come out to my parents as a lesbian and life was pretty hard already. i realized the person for who she was and lost feeling..Β πŸ™‚ thanks for reading

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 8/9/2021 at 10:52 AM, sophtheukegal said:

i wish they knew that even though i liked them (as more than a friend) they had no right to make fun of me. i had just come out to my parents as a lesbian and life was pretty hard already. i realized the person for who she was and lost feeling..Β πŸ™‚ thanks for reading

100% right!Β 

200.gif

Staff-Account.png