How do you become a showrunner/animator?

A User Β  Β 

how does one go from highschool student to animating/directing a cartoon?

like what courses n stuff would i need for it? i talked with my guidance counselor bout it and she said do all the art courses (so gr9 -12, im currently in gr 10) and comm tech (communications technology, which im gonna do next semester!)

but my problem is, no one really teaches you animating and stuff in highschool. My school (being a godsend) offers film and animation courses but they have a rare chance of happening bc apparently sometimes there's so little ppl signing up for it so they don't want to host the course some years

and also they're usually with limited space so there's a chance that despite choosing it on the course chooser it wont make it to timetable (happened with a course i wanted to take this yr called media arts, but that's full :/)

but what does one do after highschool too?

ive been lookin into sum programs for animation and stuff (and ive found a few i like from schools near me!) but idk how to really get into the industry of film through that how to become craig mccrackenΒ (ive said it. that's my goal)