This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide, Disordered Eating

Bullying

Treacle    

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Thank you for explaining everything so well - that does make sense. Do you think your Mum would want to know if it feels a bit much at the moment? Also, if you don't want her to feel guilty, how about you tell her that you want to plan ahead for your exams and that it would be helpful if you could do less during that time. I would imagine she would understand. Hopefully she wouldn't feel guilty either, because you would be coming up with a plan together. Do you think that might work? 

I don't know if you saw in my last message that I have to log off in a minute (I added it later). Sorry about that. Is it OK if we continue talking about everything when I am back online on Tuesday? You can always speak to one of the other support mentors in the meantime if you like.

Have a lovely weekend and happy birthday again to your Mum. I hope she has a great birthday 🥳

I dont know if i remember this correctly but i think we did a plan before but i don't think it worked as i dojtnknoe heo to explainbthis but when I start something i cant stop till everything has to be completed it strange but my mum said that its due to my ADHD making me actually do the things round the house and when i sit down all my energy drains from my body 

On 5/10/2024 at 12:49 PM, Aurora said:

Thank you for explaining everything so well - that does make sense. Do you think your Mum would want to know if it feels a bit much at the moment? Also, if you don't want her to feel guilty, how about you tell her that you want to plan ahead for your exams and that it would be helpful if you could do less during that time. I would imagine she would understand. Hopefully she wouldn't feel guilty either, because you would be coming up with a plan together. Do you think that might work? 

I don't know if you saw in my last message that I have to log off in a minute (I added it later). Sorry about that. Is it OK if we continue talking about everything when I am back online on Tuesday? You can always speak to one of the other support mentors in the meantime if you like.

Have a lovely weekend and happy birthday again to your Mum. I hope she has a great birthday 🥳

Hi Aurora,

I talked to my welfare manager this morning about everything which led to me to have an anxiety attack because im just so stressed about my upcoming exams like im just finding everyhting stressful. 

My mum had a great birthday we webt out somewhere nice to eat with a few friends but i don't know why but i dont know why but me and mum were tired but when got home i felt emltional think thats tfhe right word for it. 

My welfare manager said if it carries on after being told to stop we could can get the policfe involved as its a form of bullying and harrasment if she doesn it al the time when she sees me. She also said she has no right to compliment about my weight as she is not a relative or apart of family. 

• Digital Mentor
18 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora,

I talked to my welfare manager this morning about everything which led to me to have an anxiety attack because im just so stressed about my upcoming exams like im just finding everyhting stressful. 

My mum had a great birthday we webt out somewhere nice to eat with a few friends but i don't know why but i dont know why but me and mum were tired but when got home i felt emltional think thats tfhe right word for it. 

My welfare manager said if it carries on after being told to stop we could can get the policfe involved as its a form of bullying and harrasment if she doesn it al the time when she sees me. She also said she has no right to compliment about my weight as she is not a relative or apart of family. 

Hi @Treacle 246

Thank you for the update. I'm really glad to hear your Mum had a great birthday. Please don't feel bad for feeling emotional afterwards. You have so much going on at the moment and it's completely understandable that you keep having these feelings. 

That's good that you talked to your welfare manager. You mentioned having an anxiety attack - are you feeling better now? Has she been able to help you feel less stressed about everything? 

What do you think of your welfare manager's idea of involving the police with your neighbour? 

Staff-Account.png

27 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246

Thank you for the update. I'm really glad to hear your Mum had a great birthday. Please don't feel bad for feeling emotional afterwards. You have so much going on at the moment and it's completely understandable that you keep having these feelings. 

That's good that you talked to your welfare manager. You mentioned having an anxiety attack - are you feeling better now? Has she been able to help you feel less stressed about everything? 

What do you think of your welfare manager's idea of involving the police with your neighbour? 

Yes she did and i might talk to her again after school to see if she is free after my exam on thursday so i could just calm down and talk to her. 

I dont really know what to think about her idea but i do think it might be a good idea to involve them if she doesnt stop doing it. 

To be honest i feel like im more stressed than before talking i dont really know how to explain it.

• Digital Mentor
12 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes she did and i might talk to her again after school to see if she is free after my exam on thursday so i could just calm down and talk to her. 

I dont really know what to think about her idea but i do think it might be a good idea to involve them if she doesnt stop doing it. 

To be honest i feel like im more stressed than before talking i dont really know how to explain it.

I would imagine that it's good for you to know that this is an option - that you can talk to the police if this keeps happening and if she doesn't leave you and your Mum alone. Maybe you could talk to your Mum about it. What do you think? 

That's a good idea to se if she is free after your exam on Thursday. 

Are you mainly feeling stressed about your exams right now, do you think? It might be helpful to remind yourself that you have taken exams before and you can do this! I know you can. You've done loads of revision and now all you can do is focus on doing your best 🙂

I can remember last time your head of year was really helpful during your exam time. Can you speak to them again and see if they can help you feel a bit more calm about it all?  

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

12 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I would imagine that it's good for you to know that this is an option - that you can talk to the police if this keeps happening and if she doesn't leave you and your Mum alone. Maybe you could talk to your Mum about it. What do you think? 

That's a good idea to se if she is free after your exam on Thursday. 

Are you mainly feeling stressed about your exams right now, do you think? It might be helpful to remind yourself that you have taken exams before and you can do this! I know you can. You've done loads of revision and now all you can do is focus on doing your best 🙂

I can remember last time your head of year was really helpful during your exam time. Can you speak to them again and see if they can help you feel a bit more calm about it all?  

Yes i already talked to my mum about it today and mum is waiting for my welfare manager to phonr and suggest it to her and see what my mum says. 

I think it will help to talk to her after my exam. 

I dont know it can anything that is causing me to feel stressed i think the big one is exams like i just feel like something will go wrong in the exam like i don't know what but this is what happened last year.

Yes she did i have tried to talk to her but she is just so busy at the moment doing year 11 and helping them out with their exams but she does check in with me when we both see each other 

• Digital Mentor
6 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes i already talked to my mum about it today and mum is waiting for my welfare manager to phonr and suggest it to her and see what my mum says. 

I think it will help to talk to her after my exam. 

I dont know it can anything that is causing me to feel stressed i think the big one is exams like i just feel like something will go wrong in the exam like i don't know what but this is what happened last year.

Yes she did i have tried to talk to her but she is just so busy at the moment doing year 11 and helping them out with their exams but she does check in with me when we both see each other 

I can imagine that your head of year is really busy at the moment. Is there someone else you could check in with regularly during the exam period? Maybe one of your teachers or the school nurse? I know she has helped you a lot in the past. I get the impression that this usually helps you a bit to calm down and gather your thoughts. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

I can imagine that your head of year is really busy at the moment. Is there someone else you could check in with regularly during the exam period? Maybe one of your teachers or the school nurse? I know she has helped you a lot in the past. I get the impression that this usually helps you a bit to calm down and gather your thoughts. What do you think? 

The school nurse is leaving next week.

Im usually checking in with my welfare manager and a science teacher who checks in with me which is good but this time i dont know irs not helping me feek less stressed 

• Digital Mentor
9 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

The school nurse is leaving next week.

Im usually checking in with my welfare manager and a science teacher who checks in with me which is good but this time i dont know irs not helping me feek less stressed 

I'm sorry to hear the school nurse is leaving next week. I would imagine you'll probably miss her. Have you met the new school nurse yet?

That's a really important observation you made there. Thank you for sharing that with me. Have you told your welfare manager and your science teacher that it's not really helping you to feel less stressed? I think it would be good for them to know. What do you think? 

I will have to log off soon but do you think it would be helpful for us to think about things that can help you relax and feel more calm together? What have you found helpful in the past? Also, maybe you can check out this article https://www.ditchthelabel.org/8-ways-to-beat-exam-stress and this one https://www.ditchthelabel.org/4-ways-to-ground-yourself-if-you-are-stressed and let me know if there is anything there that you think might be helpful.

I will be back online on Thursday and I will check in with you then 🫂

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Hi @Treacle 246 I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? Did you get a chance to look at the articles I shared with you on Tuesday? Was there anything there that you thought might help you feel more relaxed?  

Staff-Account.png

30 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246 I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? Did you get a chance to look at the articles I shared with you on Tuesday? Was there anything there that you thought might help you feel more relaxed?  

Hi aurora,

I didn't realise that you had replied on tuesday 

Update my exam was better than last time but did have a breakdown in welfare which is where my welfare manager office is. No i didn't but for once on a day of the exam i didn't feel stressed which was really storage for me. The thing that helped me was being checked on by my welfare manager mostly everyday and yesterday talking to her was good but i did have an anxiety attack infront of her but she helped me calmed me down and she walked with me back to my class room.

I don't know if we're getting a school nurse but there is going to be a whole new area in school where everyone from the welfare team will be located. 

They already know that the check ins dont make me less stressed but she will check in with me before and after my exam when i have them and when we have a regular drop in on wednesdsay lunch aswell which helps alot 

• Digital Mentor
12 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi aurora,

I didn't realise that you had replied on tuesday 

Update my exam was better than last time but did have a breakdown in welfare which is where my welfare manager office is. No i didn't but for once on a day of the exam i didn't feel stressed which was really storage for me. The thing that helped me was being checked on by my welfare manager mostly everyday and yesterday talking to her was good but i did have an anxiety attack infront of her but she helped me calmed me down and she walked with me back to my class room.

I don't know if we're getting a school nurse but there is going to be a whole new area in school where everyone from the welfare team will be located. 

They already know that the check ins dont make me less stressed but she will check in with me before and after my exam when i have them and when we have a regular drop in on wednesdsay lunch aswell which helps alot 

Hi Treacle,

I am so so pleased to hear that your exam was better than last time 😃. And it's great that you didn't feel stressed. That's amazing!!

Don't worry about having a breakdown in your welfare managers office. She is there to support you and it sounds like she managed to calm you down, which is really positive. It sounds like you are going to meet her more regularly now, during your exam period. Is that right? How are you feeling about your upcoming exams? 

I'm afraid I have to log off a little earlier today but I will be back online tomorrow . I can check in with you again then if you like? 

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

Hi Treacle,

I am so so pleased to hear that your exam was better than last time 😃. And it's great that you didn't feel stressed. That's amazing!!

Don't worry about having a breakdown in your welfare managers office. She is there to support you and it sounds like she managed to calm you down, which is really positive. It sounds like you are going to meet her more regularly now, during your exam period. Is that right? How are you feeling about your upcoming exams? 

I'm afraid I have to log off a little earlier today but I will be back online tomorrow . I can check in with you again then if you like? 

I know it feels great when not having to feel stressed before the exam. Yes i have no idea how she managed to calm me down as i couldn't calm my self down. Yes i am and it also does help me feel better if im feeling anxious or stressed. Stressed but i dont know till next week as im feeling very calm right now which is good. 

Yes please thank you 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Treacle 246 said:

I know it feels great when not having to feel stressed before the exam. Yes i have no idea how she managed to calm me down as i couldn't calm my self down. Yes i am and it also does help me feel better if im feeling anxious or stressed. Stressed but i dont know till next week as im feeling very calm right now which is good. 

Yes please thank you 

Hi @Treacle 246 I'm Lennie, one of the other Support Mentors, I hope you don't mind me joining the conversation. I just wanted to say that it sounds really positive if you're able to go into an exam without feeling overly stressed. Of course, a little stress is fine, and can help keep you switched on and mentally alert. Feeling really stressed before an exam, on the other hand, can be really tough. So this seems like a sign of real progress - well done!

It sounds as though your Welfare Manager is having a calming effect, which is great. Especially if they are able to have regular contact with you around the exam period. Wishing you the best of luck with any further exams and do feel free to keep us posted on how you are doing.

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor

Hi @Treacle 246 I  just wanted to check in with you and see how you doing today? Are you still feeling calmer? We're here for you ❤️

Staff-Account.png

On 5/17/2024 at 10:57 AM, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246 I  just wanted to check in with you and see how you doing today? Are you still feeling calmer? We're here for you ❤️

Thank you im alright for now but i am feeling stressed about my English exam coming up on Thursday. I have felt calmer over the weekend but now i am feeling abit stressed. Thank you

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Thank you im alright for now but i am feeling stressed about my English exam coming up on Thursday. I have felt calmer over the weekend but now i am feeling abit stressed. Thank you

Hi @Treacle 246 - I'm glad you spent the weekend feeling relatively calm. It's totally normal to feel an increasing level of stress as the exams edge closer. 

Obviously a big part of feeling stressed about exams is to prepare/revise as best as you can. A common technique can be to write out condensed notes of what you've been revising, which distill all the key bits of info into short paragraphs. Doing this  helps to solidify what you've been revising, and then from there you can take some time to read over these notes in the days leading up to the exam. 

However, you may well have your revising techniques all sorted already. In which case, great!

What else helps you to feel calm when you're stressed about exams? Also, do you know if you will be able to meet with your Welfare Manager before the exam on Thursday?

1 hour ago, Lennie said:

Hi @Treacle 246 - I'm glad you spent the weekend feeling relatively calm. It's totally normal to feel an increasing level of stress as the exams edge closer. 

Obviously a big part of feeling stressed about exams is to prepare/revise as best as you can. A common technique can be to write out condensed notes of what you've been revising, which distill all the key bits of info into short paragraphs. Doing this  helps to solidify what you've been revising, and then from there you can take some time to read over these notes in the days leading up to the exam. 

However, you may well have your revising techniques all sorted already. In which case, great!

What else helps you to feel calm when you're stressed about exams? Also, do you know if you will be able to meet with your Welfare Manager before the exam on Thursday?

About that i don't know as i need to see her today about something but she hasn't been free for the whole day. So im hoping around 3:30-4:00. I still need to find out if she is free Thursday before my exam or after so i could just destress. 

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

About that i don't know as i need to see her today about something but she hasn't been free for the whole day. So im hoping around 3:30-4:00. I still need to find out if she is free Thursday before my exam or after so i could just destress. 

Okay, well let us know if you need to talk about anything in the meantime. But yes, it sounds like setting up a meeting either pre- or post-exam would be helpful for you, as you can share how you're feeling and get some support from your Welfare Manager.

Wishing you the best of luck for Thursday, btw!

2 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Okay, well let us know if you need to talk about anything in the meantime. But yes, it sounds like setting up a meeting either pre- or post-exam would be helpful for you, as you can share how you're feeling and get some support from your Welfare Manager.

Wishing you the best of luck for Thursday, btw!

Thank you yeah i saw her after school today to discuss it and i can see her wednesday day before exam. And thursday she just told me to come to the office 

• Digital Mentor
5 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Thank you yeah i saw her after school today to discuss it and i can see her wednesday day before exam. And thursday she just told me to come to the office 

That's great to hear! Has that helped to make you feel more supported and prepared for the upcoming exams?

1 minute ago, Lennie said:

That's great to hear! Has that helped to make you feel more supported and prepared for the upcoming exams?

Yes it has which is good so hopefully won't be stressed on the day

• Digital Mentor
5 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

So pleased to hear that. Feel free to post whenever you feel like sharing about your upcoming exam  - good or bad - we're here to support you!

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi @Treacle 246 I can see that you have already been speaking to @Lennie about things that have been helping you to feel calm and less stressed about your exam. I just wanted to wish you good luck 🍀!! You've got this 💪

You Got This Exams GIF

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Hi @Treacle 246

I just wanted to say good luck again for today!! I hope it goes really well. Remember, you've got this 💪

We're here for you if you want to talk about anything. 

You Got This Just Do It GIF by Babybluecat

Staff-Account.png