Friendship Advice

vincent1996 ย  ย 

ย 

Hello! What should I do? I deactivated my social media accounts for almost two weeks now and the only way to reach me now is via WhatsApp. I have a friend and we consider each other as brothers from another mothers and we are really close to each other. We are essentially the best of friends. We attended the same university and were active in the fellowship during our college days. We talk in an almost regular basis about a variety of topics. I just felt anxious when two days ago, he stopped replying to my WhatsApp messages. He did not block me but it seemed like he uninstalled WhatsApp from his phone. Our last conversation was very good. I just did not know if I had offended him since I reminded and showed him the photo of his ex-girlfriend. It was him who initiated the topic. Could there be any other reasons as to why he suddenly stopped responding to my messages? Is he avoiding me because I am becoming a toxic bro to him?

ย 

Hey @vincent1996

Welcome to our community. Iโ€™m one of the digital mentors here and I give support to those who reach out to us. Hmm, there could be a number of reasons as to why he hasnโ€™t replied yet. It could be a technical glitch. Have you thought about messaging him by text? You could call him too.ย I think the fact that he brought up the topic of his ex first makes it safe to talk about, so I donโ€™t think you should worry about that. There is probably a very normal reason for this, but I would just reach out to him through something other than WhatsApp to make sure everything is okay. What do you think?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e