Sick and kinda down

turtledoveinthedark Β  Β 

Ugh I don't like being sick. No one does. I'm struggling with a lack of self compassion and blaming myself for not sleeping and getting sick. At school today I realized how I kinda float between friend groups that I don't really fit in. Our cafeteria is tight this year so there's not much space to sit... I don't have a permanent spot with anybody. Staying away from my family so I don't get them sick. I feel all alone in my corner. I need to go to bed.

• Digital Mentor
On 9/21/2024 at 4:31 AM, turtledoveinthedark said:

Ugh I don't like being sick. No one does. I'm struggling with a lack of self compassion and blaming myself for not sleeping and getting sick. At school today I realized how I kinda float between friend groups that I don't really fit in. Our cafeteria is tight this year so there's not much space to sit... I don't have a permanent spot with anybody. Staying away from my family so I don't get them sick. I feel all alone in my corner. I need to go to bed.

Hi @turtledoveinthedark, I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? I'm sorry to hear that you were unwell but please don't feel like it's your own fault for getting sick because you've been having trouble sleeping. I can remember that you mentioned having problems sleeping, because your mind can't switch off. That is something a lot of us struggle with and it isn't something we can control. Has your sleeping been getting any better recently or is it still something you've been struggling with?Β 

Thank you for sharing that you are also feeling lonely at the moment. Felling lonely is a really horrible feeling but I think it is also something most of us can relate to as we all feel lonely sometimes. So please know that even though you are feeling lonely at the moment you are not aloneΒ πŸ«‚Β Do you mind me asking, if this is something new you've been experiencing or has this been going on for a while?Β 

Β 

Staff-Account.png

14 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @turtledoveinthedark, I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? I'm sorry to hear that you were unwell but please don't feel like it's your own fault for getting sick because you've been having trouble sleeping. I can remember that you mentioned having problems sleeping, because your mind can't switch off. That is something a lot of us struggle with and it isn't something we can control. Has your sleeping been getting any better recently or is it still something you've been struggling with?Β 

Thank you for sharing that you are also feeling lonely at the moment. Felling lonely is a really horrible feeling but I think it is also something most of us can relate to as we all feel lonely sometimes. So please know that even though you are feeling lonely at the moment you are not aloneΒ πŸ«‚Β Do you mind me asking, if this is something new you've been experiencing or has this been going on for a while?Β 

Hey, thanks for checking in! I'm getting over my cold and the mood has cycled back up again. A couple recent encounters have reminded me that I have friends who care about me. Some better sleep because I was tired being sick πŸ˜†. Yeah so I think we're doing ok for now! Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm going to make it a good one ☺️

• Digital Mentor
On 9/25/2024 at 2:17 AM, turtledoveinthedark said:

Hey, thanks for checking in! I'm getting over my cold and the mood has cycled back up again. A couple recent encounters have reminded me that I have friends who care about me. Some better sleep because I was tired being sick πŸ˜†. Yeah so I think we're doing ok for now! Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm going to make it a good one ☺️

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better and that you've been reminded that you have friends who care about youΒ Β πŸ₯°

Happy belated birthday for yesterday (sorry this is late but I wasn't online yesterday). I hope you had an amazing day!! Did you do anything nice?Β 

Happy Birthday GIF by Studios 2016

Staff-Account.png

On 9/27/2024 at 5:30 AM, Aurora said:

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better and that you've been reminded that you have friends who care about youΒ Β πŸ₯°

Happy belated birthday for yesterday (sorry this is late but I wasn't online yesterday). I hope you had an amazing day!! Did you do anything nice?Β 

Happy Birthday GIF by Studios 2016

Celebrated with my family 😊

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 9/29/2024 at 10:15 PM, turtledoveinthedark said:

Celebrated with my family 😊

That's nice. I hope you had a lovely day 😊

Staff-Account.png