Jump to content

Is it weird that my personality is so fluid?


SCARE

Recommended Posts

On 5/11/2023 at 11:08 AM, SCARE (Ember) said:

Is it weird that everything about me changes? Iโ€™ve always passed it off as normalโ€ฆbut now Iโ€™m realizing that no one else seems to do it. Like, on the list of things that are fluid, we have my fashion, hobbies interests, gender (before I lost it to dissociation), sexuality (before I lost that to dissociation), how social I am, what friends Iโ€™m willing to hang out with, how I deal with stressโ€ฆ. And the list goes on. Is this normal or should I be worried??

Normal. At least for me, though now that you are saying it I'm starting to see it a little bit in myself as well. I still say normal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Persephone44 said:

Normal. At least for me, though now that you are saying it I'm starting to see it a little bit in myself as well. I still say normal

Thanks yous

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, I'll be around tomorrow, but school just ended...so whoopee....ttyl

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Okay, I'll be around tomorrow, but school just ended...so whoopee....ttyl

alright Scare! lol I had to go too lol, but yes weird compliments, an example from me is, "that one haircut you had 3 weeks ago, looked hot" XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

I'm laughing too!!!!

Should I start using this style for posts like this then

So that you can go, 'hey, poem!'

Damn did I just find my new poetry style?

Or i guess you found it?

i think laughing is a good thing ๐Ÿ˜Œ Heck yeah too.

I only helped you find a new poetry style ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

alright Scare! lol I had to go too lol, but yes weird compliments, an example from me is, "that one haircut you had 3 weeks ago, looked hot" XD

I've gotten, "you look like a dad who got lost on the way to the barbecue"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

I've gotten, "you look like a dad who got lost on the way to the barbecue"

oOoOOoooOOoh nuoooh haha! wait, is that even a compliment..?๐Ÿ˜…

Also, even tho i was joking, I don't want to disregard your poem :) If i say it in brutally honest phrasing, is it something like:

We are all nothing, i will never amount to anything, and I feel pain towards the fact that people just keep dumping me around.

Something like that...??? idk I feel ya... ๐Ÿซ‚ And i feel that you still have care, humor, and are worthy of being hugged๐Ÿ˜Œโค๏ธ not that that makes everything better, but I am just doing a crappy job at trying to comfort you ':)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
10 hours ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Should I.....should I leave?

I mean, there's no one here anymore that talks to me often....

Although I guess I don't really talk? But I talk often enough.....but not often enough for certain conversations..........

I guess we're never going to amount to anything anyway

We always validated existing here as wanting to help....but we haven't really helped anyone have we?

I can't even help my friends, let alone other people.ย 

I can't save my friends from abuse. I should at least be able to do that

But no, because I'm useless and too awkward to be able to help

Maybe a good thing because if we did try to help we'd probably make things worse

So yeah, maybe I should leave......there is simply no reason for me to stay here

Maybe I'd be able to get more stuff done

But then again, I know that wouldn't help

Or would it?

ย 

9 hours ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

And I mean, never mind to getting help.ย 

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that I basically can't be helped.

I have been handed off so many times because no one can seem to understand

And

Wait I'm crying

Uhhhh anyway

People just seem to write me off, and they just hand me over like, he's your problem now!

Although almost no one uses the right pronouns for me....other than my friends and people who barely know me....

so it'd be

'she's your problem now!'

I ask for help and they're like, contact these numbers if you need help....because we don't know what to do

I did not go them because I need another business card. I went to them because I felt like a mess

But no, they don't acknowledge the current problem, and instead acknowledge future ones.

And no one can help me.

Hi @SCARE (Ember), thanks for being so open about how you're feeling. I'm really glad you feel you can share this with us. I can see that you've already spoken to @Equivalent Waysย and I got the impression that you were feeling a little better afterwards. Is that right?

Can I just check with you, when you said "should I leave" - do you mean the Ditch the Label community or did I get that wrong? If you feel like you need a break then we totally understand. It's really important that we do what we feel is best for us. However, I also wanted to reassure you that you are a very valuable member of our community, we really care about you and we very much appreciated all the support you've been giving other community members. I get the impression that you are being quite hard on yourself at the moment and I'm just wondering if something has happened that makes you question how helpful you are being?ย 

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel like you're not getting the support you need right now. It's a really big thing to ask for help and that makes it even more difficult if we then don't get the support we need. However, this doesn't mean that the right support isn't out there - it just means that you haven't found it yet. Do you mind me asking, what kind of support do you think would be most helpful for you right now? Please know that we are here for you and we are listening to what you are saying.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @SCARE (Ember), thanks for being so open about how you're feeling. I'm really glad you feel you can share this with us. I can see that you've already spoken to @Equivalent Waysย and I got the impression that you were feeling a little better afterwards. Is that right?

Can I just check with you, when you said "should I leave" - do you mean the Ditch the Label community or did I get that wrong? If you feel like you need a break then we totally understand. It's really important that we do what we feel is best for us. However, I also wanted to reassure you that you are a very valuable member of our community, we really care about you and we very much appreciated all the support you've been giving other community members. I get the impression that you are being quite hard on yourself at the moment and I'm just wondering if something has happened that makes you question how helpful you are being?ย 

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel like you're not getting the support you need right now. It's a really big thing to ask for help and that makes it even more difficult if we then don't get the support we need. However, this doesn't mean that the right support isn't out there - it just means that you haven't found it yet. Do you mind me asking, what kind of support do you think would be most helpful for you right now? Please know that we are here for you and we are listening to what you are saying.ย 

A bit

Yeah, the community...no I don't think I actually need a break :) I think i'm just having a hard time lately....probably doesn't help that I'm a touch sick right now

I don't know :)

ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SCARE (Ember) said:

A bit

Yeah, the community...no I don't think I actually need a break :) I think i'm just having a hard time lately....probably doesn't help that I'm a touch sick right now

I don't know :)

SAME Yo, oh mer gerd. I hope we both feel better soon, and just for your own data vault, I enjoy hearing/reading your stuff on here :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

SAME Yo, oh mer gerd. I hope we both feel better soon, and just for your own data vault, I enjoy hearing/reading your stuff on here :)

Smoke probably isn't helping.....dude all the wildfire smoke is coming here and aghhhhhhย 

Hey wait, someone in my class literally just gave the stats for wildfires here...yeah it's really really bad

Haha ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Smoke probably isn't helping.....dude all the wildfire smoke is coming here and aghhhhhhย 

Hey wait, someone in my class literally just gave the stats for wildfires here...yeah it's really really bad

Haha ok

Oh no ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I know how that can be. I normally always prayed to the wonโ€™t to blow it somewhere else ๐Ÿ˜…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Oh no ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I know how that can be. I normally always prayed to the wonโ€™t to blow it somewhere else ๐Ÿ˜…

I am just really glad I don't live in the *other* city where they literally have random grass fires starting in the middle of the city, just casually having them put out in the middle of the day. Also, I'm pretty sure their smoke is WAYYYY worse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

I am just really glad I don't live in the *other* city where they literally have random grass fires starting in the middle of the city, just casually having them put out in the middle of the day. Also, I'm pretty sure their smoke is WAYYYY worse

omg I just remembered you are in Canada

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

omg I just remembered you are in Canada

Yeah? Alberta, to be specific.

Calgary to be more specific.

Not getting any more specific than that, to be more specific

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Yeah? Alberta, to be specific.

Calgary to be more specific.

Not getting any more specific than that, to be more specific

OH i see! Yeah I am in like, western us almost by Mexico :) I almost been to Canada before!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

OH i see! Yeah I am in like, western us almost by Mexico :) I almost been to Canada before!

Western us? Wanna be more specific? (It's fine if you don't)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

OH i see! Yeah I am in like, western us almost by Mexico :) I almost been to Canada before!

like the colorado area? If you wanna respond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Persephone44 said:

like the colorado area? If you wanna respond.

Colorado's cool :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Colorado's cool :)

(Is that where you're from)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone think it'd be funny if I started talking about the differences between when I joined and now....like, backinmyday-ing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Does anyone think it'd be funny if I started talking about the differences between when I joined and now....like, backinmyday-ing?

?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

ร—
ร—
  • Create New...