Is it weird that my personality is so fluid?

Emberfrost12    

Is it weird that everything about me changes? I’ve always passed it off as normal…but now I’m realizing that no one else seems to do it. Like, on the list of things that are fluid, we have my fashion, hobbies interests, gender (before I lost it to dissociation), sexuality (before I lost that to dissociation), how social I am, what friends I’m willing to hang out with, how I deal with stress…. And the list goes on. Is this normal or should I be worried??

• Hug 1

6 hours ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Is it weird that everything about me changes? I’ve always passed it off as normal…but now I’m realizing that no one else seems to do it. Like, on the list of things that are fluid, we have my fashion, hobbies interests, gender (before I lost it to dissociation), sexuality (before I lost that to dissociation), how social I am, what friends I’m willing to hang out with, how I deal with stress…. And the list goes on. Is this normal or should I be worried??

Hi, that's an interesting question since people are ever-changing and evolving and sometimes we can also adapt ourselves to different situations.  A lot sounds relatable to me.  In terms of if you should be worry, maybe you can try asking yourself if the changes about yourself are anything that gets in the way of your life, your goals, or damages relationships?  On one hand, if you're content with being fluid around many things, that might mean nothing needs to change.  On the other hand, if you're struggling in your life because of a lack of consistency, maybe it is something to think more about. 

What do you think about considering if these things make you happy?  (Instead of questioning what is "normal"?) :)

Staff-Account.png

15 hours ago, Catsup said:

Hi, that's an interesting question since people are ever-changing and evolving and sometimes we can also adapt ourselves to different situations.  A lot sounds relatable to me.  In terms of if you should be worry, maybe you can try asking yourself if the changes about yourself are anything that gets in the way of your life, your goals, or damages relationships?  On one hand, if you're content with being fluid around many things, that might mean nothing needs to change.  On the other hand, if you're struggling in your life because of a lack of consistency, maybe it is something to think more about. 

What do you think about considering if these things make you happy?  (Instead of questioning what is "normal"?) :)

I guess they don't really get in the way of anything

Maaaaybe they do? Hard to tell, honestly

21 hours ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

I guess they don't really get in the way of anything

Maaaaybe they do? Hard to tell, honestly

Hey, yeah it might be hard to tell.  Certain things are probably helpful to be more consistent about in my opinion, for example, what behaviors you accept from friends in your life.  Is there anything you can think of that you would really want to be more consistent?

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Catsup said:

Hey, yeah it might be hard to tell.  Certain things are probably helpful to be more consistent about in my opinion, for example, what behaviors you accept from friends in your life.  Is there anything you can think of that you would really want to be more consistent?

Interests! It's impossible to stay dedicated to a project when I can't retain focus

2 hours ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Interests! It's impossible to stay dedicated to a project when I can't retain focus

retaining focus is really hard for me lol

also, with your other points, I have also lost some too, but I think sometimes I find myself frantically, unconsciously searching for some sort of solution to a 'problem' that is really just an uncomfortable fact of this reality :/

i have no clue if that is what you were talking about tho 😅

But I also think it is ok to be fluid and evolving :) um, what causes this for you do you think? Is it society stuff? Seasonal stuff?

Edited by Equivalent Ways
toughts!

17 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

retaining focus is really hard for me lol

also, with your other points, I have also lost some too, but I think sometimes I find myself frantically, unconsciously searching for some sort of solution to a 'problem' that is really just an uncomfortable fact of this reality :/

i have no clue if that is what you were talking about tho 😅

But I also think it is ok to be fluid and evolving :) um, what causes this for you do you think? Is it society stuff? Seasonal stuff?

Yeah, I think it is what I was talking about a bit :)

Seasonal, I think. or just random

Just now, SCARE (Ember) said:

Yeah, I think it is what I was talking about a bit :)

Seasonal, I think. or just random

okok, nah yo I am stupidly affected by the seasons 💀☀️🥶🌱🍂 and it could be random too.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 12:22 PM, SCARE (Ember) said:

That makes sense!  On one hand, interests are supposed to be fun, but on the other hand, it can be nice to be consistent in an area you're possibly passionate about. What do you think might be stopping you from staying focused on your projects? Do you think it could be boredom, restlessness, or something else?

Staff-Account.png

I think it's probably...all of the above!

I get bored very easily, i think. And I'm constantly coming up with new ideas that distract me from current projects 

Edited by SCARE (Ember)
  • Hug 1

Should I.....should I leave?

I mean, there's no one here anymore that talks to me often....

Although I guess I don't really talk? But I talk often enough.....but not often enough for certain conversations..........

I guess we're never going to amount to anything anyway

We always validated existing here as wanting to help....but we haven't really helped anyone have we?

I can't even help my friends, let alone other people. 

I can't save my friends from abuse. I should at least be able to do that

But no, because I'm useless and too awkward to be able to help

Maybe a good thing because if we did try to help we'd probably make things worse

So yeah, maybe I should leave......there is simply no reason for me to stay here

Maybe I'd be able to get more stuff done

But then again, I know that wouldn't help

Or would it?

And I mean, never mind to getting help. 

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that I basically can't be helped.

I have been handed off so many times because no one can seem to understand

And

Wait I'm crying

Uhhhh anyway

People just seem to write me off, and they just hand me over like, he's your problem now!

Although almost no one uses the right pronouns for me....other than my friends and people who barely know me....

so it'd be

'she's your problem now!'

I ask for help and they're like, contact these numbers if you need help....because we don't know what to do

I did not go them because I need another business card. I went to them because I felt like a mess

But no, they don't acknowledge the current problem, and instead acknowledge future ones.

And no one can help me.

• Hug 1

yo, that is one of the most emotional, hard-hitting poems i have read...

• Haha 1

Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

yo, that is one of the most emotional, hard-hitting poems i have read...

Oi

Not a poem

That's one of the ways my thought process can appear >:0

I just don't do it often

ok, so wait, basically in the poem is describing someone that is facing all of these feelings and actions from other ppl... I feel I can really relate to this charater

Oi

Not a poem

That's one of the ways my thought process can appear >:0

I just don't do it often

oh HAHA im sorry😅🙏

oh HAHA im sorry😅🙏

I have to admit, it is kinda funny.

me: Having a mental breakdown

you: Funky lil poem you got there

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Equivalent Ways said:

ok, so wait, basically in the poem is describing someone that is facing all of these feelings and actions from other ppl... I feel I can really relate to this charater

that character is ME

I have to admit, it is kinda funny.

me: Having a mental breakdown

you: Funky lil poem you got there

eh mer gerd🤣😅☄️

eh mer gerd🤣😅☄️

Wheeeeee that's one way to kinda cheer me up :-)

that character is ME

well, neat 'character' bro 😅👍 but for real im sorry haha im sorry that you are having a mental breakdown rn about big life problems and I am on the other side crinkling and trying to hold in a laugh because of my own surface level assumptions😭😂

1 minute ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Wheeeeee that's one way to kinda cheer me up :-)

im... so glad..? 😅 but like, I also am not so sure I am helpful to others, I just keep coming on here to say silly stuff as the depressed bump who uses humor to cope🫠

well, neat 'character' bro 😅👍 but for real im sorry haha im sorry that you are having a mental breakdown rn about big life problems and I am on the other side crinkling and trying to hold in a laugh because of my own surface level assumptions😭😂

I'm laughing too!!!!

Should I start using this style for posts like this then

So that you can go, 'hey, poem!'

Damn did I just find my new poetry style?

Or i guess you found it?

• Yaaas 1

im... so glad..? 😅 but like, I also am not so sure I am helpful to others, I just keep coming on here to say silly stuff as the depressed bump who uses humor to cope🫠

Well, you do a pretty good job of saying silly stuff to help people

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SCARE (Ember) said:

Well, you do a pretty good job of saying silly stuff to help people

Top ten weirdest compliments?

Speaking of which, I've been thinking of starting a 'strange compliments' thread...should I go do that now....?

• Yaaas 1