I need to let it all out but can't

R A I N    

I realised that sometimes, to make me feel better I really just need to let it all out and cry. But, I can't do that because my nose turns bright red and its so obvious to others that i've been crying and i want to know how to hide my bright red nose.

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, R A I N said:

I realised that sometimes, to make me feel better I really just need to let it all out and cry. But, I can't do that because my nose turns bright red and its so obvious to others that i've been crying and i want to know how to hide my bright red nose.

Heyy @R A I N, I have just responded to your previous message on community as well. I wanted to say it's okay to cry and let it all out, crying is a good way to express your feelings and is part of processing certain emotions. Instead of hiding your nose, is there a space at school or home where you can have some privacy to cry?

Staff-Account.png

8 minutes ago, Luie said:

Heyy @R A I N, I have just responded to your previous message on community as well. I wanted to say it's okay to cry and let it all out, crying is a good way to express your feelings and is part of processing certain emotions. Instead of hiding your nose, is there a space at school or home where you can have some privacy to cry?

No, I have no privacy to cry except the bathroom and my nose gets really red so even when I've already cried, my nose will still be red for a while. 

Hi @R A I N

To answer your question I feel like wearing a mask could possibly help you hide your nose along with, using an ice cube or something cold to keep down possible swelling.

8 hours ago, Gremlin said:

Hi @R A I N

To answer your question I feel like wearing a mask could possibly help you hide your nose along with, using an ice cube or something cold to keep down possible swelling.

I would wear a mask but they'd ask what I'm trying to hide if I just wear it all of a sudden. I'll try using an ice cube, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

oh, I know this is late, but I can relate (it rhimes lolol) cuz when i was younger I just wanted some privacy to cry and be sad! I would have to go into the bathroom and just cry but also be quite about it. then I got in trouble becuase ppl wanted to use the bathroom😓 So i feel ya, but im sorry idk how to really cover up the signs of crying :(

• Digital Mentor
On 4/7/2023 at 1:25 PM, R A I N said:

I would wear a mask but they'd ask what I'm trying to hide if I just wear it all of a sudden. I'll try using an ice cube, thanks.

I am so sorry @R A I N, this sounds challenging to deal with regularly. How are you doing now?

Staff-Account.png

19 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

oh, I know this is late, but I can relate (it rhimes lolol) cuz when i was younger I just wanted some privacy to cry and be sad! I would have to go into the bathroom and just cry but also be quite about it. then I got in trouble becuase ppl wanted to use the bathroom😓 So i feel ya, but im sorry idk how to really cover up the signs of crying :(

Hey it's okay and I'm sorry that you too had to go through that asw. 

• Hug 1

18 hours ago, Luie said:

I am so sorry @R A I N, this sounds challenging to deal with regularly. How are you doing now?

I'm feeling quite alright today, could be doing better but yeah, I'm not as bad as I usually am. Haven't let it all out since my breakdown, but even in my breakdown I was trying to calm myself down and cover my mouth with my hand, so it all got a bit chaotic actually, and I didn't exactly let it all out.

• Hug 1

12 minutes ago, R A I N said:

I'm feeling quite alright today, could be doing better but yeah, I'm not as bad as I usually am. Haven't let it all out since my breakdown, but even in my breakdown I was trying to calm myself down and cover my mouth with my hand, so it all got a bit chaotic actually, and I didn't exactly let it all out.

I’m sorry that YOU have to deal with that :/ I’m tryin to think, sometimes Iris just really hard to let it all out 🤷 🫂 🌸 

• Digital Mentor
On 4/22/2023 at 2:32 PM, R A I N said:

This sounds really tough. How's your week been so far?

Staff-Account.png

well it's been quite rough ac, i've been feeling very down and lonely - it's like internal loneliness like i hv friends n stuff but i'm quite distant from them ig. I've literally just been using music to block out all those nasty feelings n its bad bc i keep listening to loud music n i dont want it to affect my hearing

• Digital Mentor
37 minutes ago, R A I N said:

well it's been quite rough ac, i've been feeling very down and lonely - it's like internal loneliness like i hv friends n stuff but i'm quite distant from them ig. I've literally just been using music to block out all those nasty feelings n its bad bc i keep listening to loud music n i dont want it to affect my hearing

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling down and lonely. It's good that you have friends, but it's also important to recognize when you're feeling distant from them and to take steps to address those feelings. One way to do this is to try reaching out to your friends and making plans to spend time together, even if it's just through a video call or text message conversation. Does this sound like something you'd like to try? 

In addition to using music as a coping mechanism, it might be helpful to try other activities that can improve your mood and well-being, such as exercise, meditation, or engaging in a hobby that you enjoy. If you're concerned about the impact of loud music on your hearing, you could try using noise-cancelling headphones or earplugs, or listening to music at a lower volume, I do find this to be helpful for myself. Would that be possible for you?

Staff-Account.png

well honestly my headphones hv now been confiscated and stuff so yeh i cant even listen to msuic anymore. My parents found out and it didnt turn out great

• Digital Mentor
28 minutes ago, R A I N said:

well honestly my headphones hv now been confiscated and stuff so yeh i cant even listen to msuic anymore. My parents found out and it didnt turn out great

I am so sorry to hear this, do you wanna talk about what happened?

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

Staff-Account.png

33 minutes ago, R A I N said:

hey, its funny, I was just thinking about you. i am really sorry to hear about that :( music is very important to my life, and yours too it sounds

On 5/5/2023 at 5:33 PM, Luie said:

I am so sorry to hear this, do you wanna talk about what happened?

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

well she sorta made it all abt her n i just felt like i was being interrogated rlly. She made me rlly upset unfortunately n it did turn out just as bad as i had expected

3 hours ago, R A I N said:

well she sorta made it all abt her n i just felt like i was being interrogated rlly. She made me rlly upset unfortunately n it did turn out just as bad as i had expected

Yeah that’s all really valid tbh

interrogators are not pleasant (they often encourage aloofness) cuz they do make it all about themselves for themselves and- well I’m sorry you had to deal with that 

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, R A I N said:

That doesn't sound nice at all, sorry about that. How are you feeling today?

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Luie said:

That doesn't sound nice at all, sorry about that. How are you feeling today?

Not so great actually. I feel like i'm getting worse day by day n i rlly do lack motivation to do like anything

2 hours ago, R A I N said:

Not so great actually. I feel like i'm getting worse day by day n i rlly do lack motivation to do like anything

hey, that sucks, i know what that can be like. Is there anything you could do that would feel remotely nice? (me asking myself the same thing rn lol)

• Digital Mentor
On 5/10/2023 at 7:45 PM, R A I N said:

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling that way. It can be really tough to feel like you're losing motivation and not making progress. You're not alone in feeling this way, even though at times it may feel like that. Is there any support we can provide from our end to help?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

On 5/10/2023 at 10:35 PM, Equivalent Ways said:

hey, that sucks, i know what that can be like. Is there anything you could do that would feel remotely nice? (me asking myself the same thing rn lol)

not rlly gosh my life feels so depressing more than ever like literally just dk how to cope w everything - esp as my headphones hv been taken away like i loved them sm. I'm not even close w any1 so it's not like i can hang around n talk abt it either so i dont get what i'm supposed to do w myself every single day for the rest of my life. Like everythings been confiscated, i'm not rlly allowed out the house so all i can do is chores n hw which is just great. Ik i sound like i'm going on a rant but rlly i just feel there's no purpose in me being here anymore n i just feel so lost n alone n i just want it all to end. It just brings me to tears thinking abt it n typing this up but wait i cant even cry either so i hv to wipe them quickly b4 sum1 sees.

• Hug 1

On 5/12/2023 at 4:54 PM, Luie said:

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling that way. It can be really tough to feel like you're losing motivation and not making progress. You're not alone in feeling this way, even though at times it may feel like that. Is there any support we can provide from our end to help?

i dont think so i cant even do anything to help myself. I dont think any1 can do anything for me at the moment

• Digital Mentor
On 5/17/2023 at 9:37 PM, R A I N said:

not rlly gosh my life feels so depressing more than ever like literally just dk how to cope w everything - esp as my headphones hv been taken away like i loved them sm. I'm not even close w any1 so it's not like i can hang around n talk abt it either so i dont get what i'm supposed to do w myself every single day for the rest of my life. Like everythings been confiscated, i'm not rlly allowed out the house so all i can do is chores n hw which is just great. Ik i sound like i'm going on a rant but rlly i just feel there's no purpose in me being here anymore n i just feel so lost n alone n i just want it all to end. It just brings me to tears thinking abt it n typing this up but wait i cant even cry either so i hv to wipe them quickly b4 sum1 sees.

Heyy @R A I N, I am truly sorry to hear that struggles you're going through. Thank you for opening up about how you are feeling. I know it can be difficult to do, especially when we are feeling really low. Before I reply to the other things you mentioned I just wanted to check with you to see if you are feeling safe right now? I know this might be a bit of a direct question to ask but your safety is the most important thing and we care about you and want to make sure you are safe. It’s OK to say if you’re not feeling safe. The more we know the better we can support you. Just in case you ever need it, here is some safety information. If you ever feel like you are in crisis then you can reach out to the following: 

• UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service)
  • USA - NSPL: 1-800-273-8255
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org - you can find the one for your country and call them if you are in crisis 
  • An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful
  • Remember, you can always call the emergency services or go to your local emergency department at the hospital for support

Please know that we are here for you. 

Staff-Account.png