I need to let it all out but can't

R A I N Β  Β 

4 hours ago, R A I N said:

it's alr but basically i hadnt self-harmed for like 2 months and 1 week until tuesday where I slipped back into sh sadly - idk if it makes sense to u

Sigh, yeah I think I get it. :/ have you seen Emo the Musical? I think it’s a brilliant movie and might make you feel a bit better.

I wish I could hug you rn 😌 οΌΌ( 'Ο‰')/

Β 

Sigh, yeah I think I get it. :/ have you seen Em0 the Musical? I think it’s a brilliant movie and might make you feel a bit better.

I wish I could hug you rn Β πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜•οΌΌ( 'Ο‰')/

Β 

i''m not really sure how I stopped last time and I am safe.

Hey Rain,

I'm glad you're safe. Instead of trying to think of how you stopped, I'm wondering, can you think about what helps you to feel calm? When you're relaxed, what have you typically done that has helped you to feel good?

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Rain,

I'm glad you're safe. Instead of trying to think of how you stopped, I'm wondering, can you think about what helps you to feel calm? When you're relaxed, what have you typically done that has helped you to feel good?

I shall second the idea of trying to feel better, as in feel good, cuz you deserve to feel good β€˜:)

12 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Sigh, yeah I think I get it. :/ have you seen Em0 the Musical? I think it’s a brilliant movie and might make you feel a bit better.

I wish I could hug you rn Β πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜•οΌΌ( 'Ο‰')/

thats rlly sweet and yk what? I'll try n see that movie

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Rain,

previously, I've tried music but my headphones hv been confiscated so i'm not entirely sure what to do now.

11 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

I shall second the idea of trying to feel better, as in feel good, cuz you deserve to feel good β€˜:)

• Hug 1

3 hours ago, R A I N said:

previously, I've tried music but my headphones hv been confiscated so i'm not entirely sure what to do now.

Alright, I know this sounds weird cuz I have such a lack of information, BUT, I went to the music store the other day, cuz I love music (listening to it to) and they had drums, but like, the conga type, and oh my they did some good (?) stuff to my soul, so it sounds rlly funny but I figured I would suggest it if it would help to go musically bang on some things Ζͺ(˘⌣˘)ΚƒΒ 

thats rlly sweet and yk what? I'll try n see that movie

Haha, watch the trailer first to see if you like it, but I also like the movie The Other Kids, really honest and true to life. Sometimes it’s hard to find movies, but when you get your headphones back you can also listen to the songs.. idk but yeah u deserve the luv and support πŸ€—

13 hours ago, R A I N said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I remember you mentioning the headphones which is a shame. I'm wondering, would you like us to suggest some things you can try?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I remember you mentioning the headphones which is a shame. I'm wondering, would you like us to suggest some things you can try?

sure

23 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Haha, watch the trailer first to see if you like it, but I also like the movie The Other Kids, really honest and true to life. Sometimes it’s hard to find movies, but when you get your headphones back you can also listen to the songs.. idk but yeah u deserve the luv and support πŸ€—

oh cool, will watch it. Thanks

22 minutes ago, R A I N said:

oh cool, will watch it. Thanks

Sure lemme know how it goes πŸ˜‰ and ofc πŸ’«

2 hours ago, R A I N said:

sure

Hey there,

So we actually have loads of support guides to help people figure out different ways to relax and stay calm. I’m thinking that you might want to have a read of our support guide here which has loads of ideas to try:Β https://www.ditchthelabel.org/101-ultimate-ways-chill-reduce-stress/

Once you’ve done that, you could then maybe pick out a few and let us know which ones you might try? No pressure though! It’s just really good to try out loads of different techniques because different things work for different people :)

On 5/28/2023 at 6:13 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

So we actually have loads of support guides to help people figure out different ways to relax and stay calm. I’m thinking that you might want to have a read of our support guide here which has loads of ideas to try:Β https://www.ditchthelabel.org/101-ultimate-ways-chill-reduce-stress/

Once you’ve done that, you could then maybe pick out a few and let us know which ones you might try? No pressure though! It’s just really good to try out loads of different techniques because different things work for different people :)

thanks - tho sometimes i literally feel like i hv no motivation to do absolutely anything but i'll give it a try

• Digital Mentor
On 6/4/2023 at 11:04 AM, R A I N said:

thanks - tho sometimes i literally feel like i hv no motivation to do absolutely anything but i'll give it a try

I can understand that. It can be really difficult to motivate ourselves to do anything if we're feeling upset. Have you had a chance to look at the guide? It's got lots of ideas, which can be a bit overwhelming. I'm wondering if you could start off by looking at the first 10 ideas and see if there is anything you want to try. Do you think that might work?Β 

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 1:11 PM, Aurora said:

I can understand that. It can be really difficult to motivate ourselves to do anything if we're feeling upset. Have you had a chance to look at the guide? It's got lots of ideas, which can be a bit overwhelming. I'm wondering if you could start off by looking at the first 10 ideas and see if there is anything you want to try. Do you think that might work?Β 

i've looked at like the 1st 20 ideas and they arent that helpful. I have tried writing down my feelings but its hard to get some privacy alone to actually write it down. Anyone who'd see me writing in my room wud literally keep asking me what i'm doing n my mum wud prob get suspicious n demand to know what i'm writing abt

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, R A I N said:

i've looked at like the 1st 20 ideas and they arent that helpful. I have tried writing down my feelings but its hard to get some privacy alone to actually write it down. Anyone who'd see me writing in my room wud literally keep asking me what i'm doing n my mum wud prob get suspicious n demand to know what i'm writing abt

Don't worry, it can take a while until we find something that helps us to relax, And I can understand why you don't want to write things down when you don't feel you have much privacy at home. I'm wondering why your mum would get suspicious. Do you think she's worried about you?Β 

I personally find colouring in really helps me. I have some of those mindful colouring books and I find it's something that really calms me and takes my mind of everything. I think it's mentioned in the guide so it might not be something that you find helpful. Have you tried drawing/painting or a different art activity? Some people find that art is a good way to release stress and express their emotions. Again, don't worry if it's not for you but it might be worth trying, if you haven't done so already. What do you think?Β Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 6/16/2023 at 9:21 AM, Aurora said:

Don't worry, it can take a while until we find something that helps us to relax, And I can understand why you don't want to write things down when you don't feel you have much privacy at home. I'm wondering why your mum would get suspicious. Do you think she's worried about you?Β 

I personally find colouring in really helps me. I have some of those mindful colouring books and I find it's something that really calms me and takes my mind of everything. I think it's mentioned in the guide so it might not be something that you find helpful. Have you tried drawing/painting or a different art activity? Some people find that art is a good way to release stress and express their emotions. Again, don't worry if it's not for you but it might be worth trying, if you haven't done so already. What do you think?Β Β 

I dont rlly hv colours that ac work so yeh for now colouring isnt an option but i'll try n give it a shot once I can. I don't think she's worried abt me, personally i think she just likes this drama.

I cant remember where or who i mentioned this to but my mum found out i sh n stuff n she basically interrogated me. Wasnt nice at all. I hate talking abt it n thinking abt it.

• Digital Mentor
On 6/17/2023 at 1:52 PM, R A I N said:

I dont rlly hv colours that ac work so yeh for now colouring isnt an option but i'll try n give it a shot once I can. I don't think she's worried abt me, personally i think she just likes this drama.

I cant remember where or who i mentioned this to but my mum found out i sh n stuff n she basically interrogated me. Wasnt nice at all. I hate talking abt it n thinking abt it.

I can imagine that that wasn't nice. It's horrible when you feel like someone is interrogating you and you don't want to talk about it. I just wanted to remind you at this point that this is a safe space here and if we ever ask any questions you don't want to answer, please don't feel you have to. It's completely up to you what you would like to share with us!Β 

I'm wondering, ifΒ  you could give your mum some feedback, what would you like to say to her? What could she have done differently that would have been more helpful in that situation?Β 

Let me know how it goes if you get to try colouring. It works really well for me but I know that it doesn't work for everyone. You mentioned that you like music and that listening to music calms you down. Is there anything else you're interested in or that you enjoy doing?Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 6/19/2023 at 11:52 AM, Aurora said:

I can imagine that that wasn't nice. It's horrible when you feel like someone is interrogating you and you don't want to talk about it. I just wanted to remind you at this point that this is a safe space here and if we ever ask any questions you don't want to answer, please don't feel you have to. It's completely up to you what you would like to share with us!Β 

I'm wondering, ifΒ  you could give your mum some feedback, what would you like to say to her? What could she have done differently that would have been more helpful in that situation?Β 

Let me know how it goes if you get to try colouring. It works really well for me but I know that it doesn't work for everyone. You mentioned that you like music and that listening to music calms you down. Is there anything else you're interested in or that you enjoy doing?Β 

I'm ac going to buy some colours so i'll see what happens. Well 1st of all she shudnt hv pressured me to open up abt such difficult things to talk abt - she forced it out of me and i literally just cried as i was struggling for my words. It's like she just wants to hear the "tea" she doesnt care how i ac feel.

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, R A I N said:

I'm ac going to buy some colours so i'll see what happens. Well 1st of all she shudnt hv pressured me to open up abt such difficult things to talk abt - she forced it out of me and i literally just cried as i was struggling for my words. It's like she just wants to hear the "tea" she doesnt care how i ac feel.

Hi R A I N, I'm Duckie, one of the support mentors.

I think it's definitely a good idea to treat yourself to some nice colours and colouring books. It's so important to have something that's yours and yours alone, and to feel like you can have a moment of privacy with this. If you were to write or do anything else that your mom might want to ask you about, would it be an idea to keep these things somewhere else, like in your school bench/locker or with a friend or with your auntie for example? Just a thought.

Would you feel comfortable telling me what gives you the feeling your mom doesn't care about how you feel? Does she try to comfort you in any of the things you've brought up in the past?

Staff-Account.png

no my mum will always somehow find it. She's becoming a bit obsessive with wanting to know what i'm doing - she always think i'm up to no good. It's annoying not being able to have some privacy.

She doesnt ever comfort me - rather she shamed me for sh.Β 

• Digital Mentor
23 hours ago, R A I N said:

no my mum will always somehow find it. She's becoming a bit obsessive with wanting to know what i'm doing - she always think i'm up to no good. It's annoying not being able to have some privacy.

She doesnt ever comfort me - rather she shamed me for sh.Β 

Hi R A I N,

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom doesn't seem to get it. You need your privacy and a part of her might misunderstand this as you needing supervision, as she might be worried about you. Even if she has good intentions, it seems to really deprive you of the privacy you need. I too would feel upset if someone went through my things... It defeats the purpose of asking you to share things with her, because she will just look for it regardless, and that's not a good way to establish trust.

Are you able to talk to your mom about it and tell her it would be beneficial for your mental health to be trusted with your privacy? Or do you think someone else might be able to explain this to your mom?

What do you think?

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi R A I N,

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom doesn't seem to get it. You need your privacy and a part of her might misunderstand this as you needing supervision, as she might be worried about you. Even if she has good intentions, it seems to really deprive you of the privacy you need. I too would feel upset if someone went through my things... It defeats the purpose of asking you to share things with her, because she will just look for it regardless, and that's not a good way to establish trust.

Are you able to talk to your mom about it and tell her it would be beneficial for your mental health to be trusted with your privacy? Or do you think someone else might be able to explain this to your mom?

What do you think?

No i dont think so - she's always invading privacy and is always suspicious of me for no reason. I don't know

Γ—
Γ—