This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Suicide. . .But I'm okayish now!

Hawthorne11    

54 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Sure thing; we can help you with that :)

I'm wondering, can you start by giving me a few examples of some of the negative thoughts you have during those times?

Ok so let’s see

-I can’t do this.

(How will I make it through tonight? I don’t think I can..)

-I must be weak

-I am a failure and pathetic

(i know I can’t control everything but still part of me thinks I am a failure cuz I can’t!) 

Do these work?

On 3/5/2023 at 5:12 PM, Equivalent Ways said:

Ok so let’s see

-I can’t do this.

(How will I make it through tonight? I don’t think I can..)

-I must be weak

-I am a failure and pathetic

(i know I can’t control everything but still part of me thinks I am a failure cuz I can’t!) 

Do these work?

Hey there,

Thank you for telling me those negative thoughts :)

I'm wondering then, if you knew a friend was having these kinds of thoughts, what would you tell them to try and make them feel better? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thank you for telling me those negative thoughts :)

I'm wondering then, if you knew a friend was having these kinds of thoughts, what would you tell them to try and make them feel better? 

ok,

"dang, that is negative as heck😅 but relatable, it also bothers me that i can't control everything so part of me does not know what to tell you.. but you are not alone, ok? Ultimately, we are all 'alone' at the end of the day, it is just finding peace with that. But I do believe that even though there are a LOT of dark days, you are strong, cuz look, ~✨you are here✨~💌 you succeeded in making it to the present!  And the cherry on top is that you have come all the way here, been there⭐ and you might look forward and say, done that(like to my advice lol) So where now? I don't know sorry 😙😅 but you don't have to know.. You can just make it through the night to where the sunlight kisses your face in the morning, saying things you might not like and its not easy i know😂 but then you will have known you made it, that pride. Now that is anything except weak and pathetic ;)"

:D

8 hours ago, Melissa M said:

@Equivalent Ways Hey, I just wanted to let you know that none of those negative thoughts are true, u are truly AWESOME!! 

Thank youuuuuu! They just feel true🥲

13 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

ok,

"dang, that is negative as heck😅 but relatable, it also bothers me that i can't control everything so part of me does not know what to tell you.. but you are not alone, ok? Ultimately, we are all 'alone' at the end of the day, it is just finding peace with that. But I do believe that even though there are a LOT of dark days, you are strong, cuz look, ~✨you are here✨~💌 you succeeded in making it to the present!  And the cherry on top is that you have come all the way here, been there⭐ and you might look forward and say, done that(like to my advice lol) So where now? I don't know sorry 😙😅 but you don't have to know.. You can just make it through the night to where the sunlight kisses your face in the morning, saying things you might not like and its not easy i know😂 but then you will have known you made it, that pride. Now that is anything except weak and pathetic ;)"

:D

Hey there,

That’s amazing! This is exactly the way you should speak to yourself. I’m wondering, could you try this new way of being kind to yourself for a couple of weeks and see if you notice a difference? What do you think? 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That’s amazing! This is exactly the way you should speak to yourself. I’m wondering, could you try this new way of being kind to yourself for a couple of weeks and see if you notice a difference? What do you think? 

Lol it is definitely hard but I see hope I’m trying so ya :)

thanks @Monsoon for keeping an eye out for me

23 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Lol it is definitely hard but I see hope I’m trying so ya :)

thanks @Monsoon for keeping an eye out for me

Hey there,

That's okay; we are always here for you :)

Good luck with it, and if you need anymore support, just let us know. 

• Hug 1

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

@Equivalent WaysHi, I know I'm super super late with this post - I've been away for a while now to catch up with stuff... 😅

I'm really glad that you and the other people who've been talking in this post are currently fighting, because that resilience and perseverance you have inside you when you're choosing to stay alive, when you feel that you can't anymore shows exactly how strong you are. Trust me, I've been in the same spot before with the negative thinking and wanting to end it all, just because of wanting an escape from everything that hurt me for a long time (I've even made a post previously about this situation in detail, and how and why I got out of it). The truth is that the baggage you carry, what you've done in the past, what people call you or what your negative thinking tells you do not define who you are. What defines who you are is what you choose to be right now, because change comes from within. There has to be a chance that what you're thinking about yourself can change for the better, right? If there's a situation in which you feel trapped in, there are loads of hotlines to reach out to, or you can tell a trusted adult/parent/guardian about how you feel, reach out to a friend, or even journal how you feel throughout the day, and write about how you can make it better. 

One thing that helped me a lot was through reading self-help books and even fanfiction about embracing yourself as a person and healing from the past, no matter what that past was. I even went as far as writing my own self-help books or writing poetry about how I felt, which really helped me challenge my own negative thinking, and it really made me feel not so alone. Because that is the truth - you can change your beliefs only if you're willing to, and the first steps are to acknowledge that you are not alone, and that change comes from within. 

I hope this helped a little. Here's a virtual hug. ^^ ♥️

• Yaaas 1

12 hours ago, Molly9090 said:

@Equivalent WaysHi, I know I'm super super late with this post - I've been away for a while now to catch up with stuff... 😅

I'm really glad that you and the other people who've been talking in this post are currently fighting, because that resilience and perseverance you have inside you when you're choosing to stay alive, when you feel that you can't anymore shows exactly how strong you are. Trust me, I've been in the same spot before with the negative thinking and wanting to end it all, just because of wanting an escape from everything that hurt me for a long time (I've even made a post previously about this situation in detail, and how and why I got out of it). The truth is that the baggage you carry, what you've done in the past, what people call you or what your negative thinking tells you do not define who you are. What defines who you are is what you choose to be right now, because change comes from within. There has to be a chance that what you're thinking about yourself can change for the better, right? If there's a situation in which you feel trapped in, there are loads of hotlines to reach out to, or you can tell a trusted adult/parent/guardian about how you feel, reach out to a friend, or even journal how you feel throughout the day, and write about how you can make it better. 

One thing that helped me a lot was through reading self-help books and even fanfiction about embracing yourself as a person and healing from the past, no matter what that past was. I even went as far as writing my own self-help books or writing poetry about how I felt, which really helped me challenge my own negative thinking, and it really made me feel not so alone. Because that is the truth - you can change your beliefs only if you're willing to, and the first steps are to acknowledge that you are not alone, and that change comes from within. 

I hope this helped a little. Here's a virtual hug. ^^ ♥️

Thank you, and nice to meet you, Molly. I try to tell myself that I can lay my burdens down by the river😊 but it is easy to look for easy outside answers🤷‍♂️ I think you definitely have some wise things to say and thank you for taking the time to share <3 Sometimes I like holding on and other times it is not so fun😅 but i am still here!! :D

• Hug 1

18 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Thank you, and nice to meet you, Molly. I try to tell myself that I can lay my burdens down by the river😊 but it is easy to look for easy outside answers🤷‍♂️ I think you definitely have some wise things to say and thank you for taking the time to share <3 Sometimes I like holding on and other times it is not so fun😅 but i am still here!! :D

Hii, it's nice to meet you too! I'm happy that my post managed to help you feel better, and hopefully make some amends for yourself, too. It's good to know that you're still here. :)

• Like 1