This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide, Disordered Eating

Bullying

Treacle ย  ย 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246

I just wanted to say good luck again for today!! I hope it goes really well. Remember, you've got thisย ๐Ÿ’ช

We're here for you if you want to talk about anything.ย 

You Got This Just Do It GIF by Babybluecat

Yes, just want to second this. Best of luck today!! Wishing you all the best, @Treacle 246ย ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ™‚

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246

I just wanted to say good luck again for today!! I hope it goes really well. Remember, you've got thisย ๐Ÿ’ช

We're here for you if you want to talk about anything.ย 

You Got This Just Do It GIF by Babybluecat

Thank you. I saw my welfare manager before my exam she helped me calm down and the exam went alright it was actually quite easy. After the exam went to see my welfare manager again and i did have a breakdown in the office. Im just glad its over and done withย 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
19 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Thank you. I saw my welfare manager before my exam she helped me calm down and the exam went alright it was actually quite easy. After the exam went to see my welfare manager again and i did have a breakdown in the office. Im just glad its over and done withย 

That's amazing - I am so happy for you!! Sounds like you did brilliantlyย ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I can imagine that you must be glad to have it over and done with. What are you going to do this afternoon? Have you made any plans?ย ย 

Was this your last exam or do you have more coming up?ย 

Staff-Account.png

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's amazing - I am so happy for you!! Sounds like you did brilliantlyย ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I can imagine that you must be glad to have it over and done with. What are you going to do this afternoon? Have you made any plans?ย ย 

Was this your last exam or do you have more coming up?ย 

Resting and lessons.ย  Nope i have 3 more after halfterrm then im down with exams till next year.ย 

Thamk you

• Digital Mentor
8 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Resting and lessons.ย  Nope i have 3 more after halfterrm then im down with exams till next year.ย 

Thamk you

Having some rest time sounds like a good idea that is well deserved. It seems as though you have a decent amount of time to prepare for the remaining three exams. Hopefully you'll be able to draw confidence from this recent exam going well for you.ย 

Do you think your exam experience so far will help you to feel more prepared for the remaining ones?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lennie said:

Having some rest time sounds like a good idea that is well deserved. It seems as though you have a decent amount of time to prepare for the remaining three exams. Hopefully you'll be able to draw confidence from this recent exam going well for you.ย 

Do you think your exam experience so far will help you to feel more prepared for the remaining ones?

Yes i do but i was hoping to get rest over the halftern but i cant as i need to do revision. Im hoping so too. Maybe but i dont really know to be honest

• Digital Mentor
54 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes i do but i was hoping to get rest over the halftern but i cant as i need to do revision. Im hoping so too. Maybe but i dont really know to be honest

Don't worry if you don't really know. If you like, we can help you think of the things you found helpful before and during your last exam? From everything you've been telling us, checking in with your welfare manager before and after the exam seemed helpful. Is that right? Anything else you can think of? For example did you do any breathing exercises to calm your nerves or maybe you had a helpful phrase that you kept telling yourself or something you could fidget with?ย 

It's a pity you can't just relax over half term. Is there any way you can split your time so you can do revision, chores at home (I'm guessing that you'll have to do some of those as well is that right) and set aside some time to rest and relax?ย 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Don't worry if you don't really know. If you like, we can help you think of the things you found helpful before and during your last exam? From everything you've been telling us, checking in with your welfare manager before and after the exam seemed helpful. Is that right? Anything else you can think of? For example did you do any breathing exercises to calm your nerves or maybe you had a helpful phrase that you kept telling yourself or something you could fidget with?ย 

It's a pity you can't just relax over half term. Is there any way you can split your time so you can do revision, chores at home (I'm guessing that you'll have to do some of those as well is that right) and set aside some time to rest and relax?ย 

Yes talking to my welfare manager has helped. Yes i did before the exma. The other things that have helped are get enough sleep and eating breakfast in the morning which i don't really do often.ย 

I was allowed an anxiety toy in the exam to make me feel calm. Yes that is right. Juggling revision and house work makes me feel like there is too much that needs to be done. Its hard to juggle every thing when my mental health is not great at the moment.ย 

• Digital Mentor
19 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes talking to my welfare manager has helped. Yes i did before the exma. The other things that have helped are get enough sleep and eating breakfast in the morning which i don't really do often.ย 

I was allowed an anxiety toy in the exam to make me feel calm. Yes that is right. Juggling revision and house work makes me feel like there is too much that needs to be done. Its hard to juggle every thing when my mental health is not great at the moment.ย 

Hi @Treacle 246, Luie isn't online this weekend so I will be around for a little bit this morning and tomorrow morning.ย 

Brilliant, it sounds like you have noticed several things that helped to calm your nerves:

- talking to your welfare manager

- getting plenty of sleep

- having breakfastย 

- having your anxiety toy with you in the exam

Do you think you'll be able to do all of this before your next exam, too?ย 

I can imagine that juggling revision and house work is really tricky and feels a bit too much right now. Have you had a conversation with your mum to see if someone else might be able to help out while you have revision to do?ย ย 

Staff-Account.png

4 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246, Luie isn't online this weekend so I will be around for a little bit this morning and tomorrow morning.ย 

Brilliant, it sounds like you have noticed several things that helped to calm your nerves:

- talking to your welfare manager

- getting plenty of sleep

- having breakfastย 

- having your anxiety toy with you in the exam

Do you think you'll be able to do all of this before your next exam, too?ย 

I can imagine that juggling revision and house work is really tricky and feels a bit too much right now. Have you had a conversation with your mum to see if someone else might be able to help out while you have revision to do?ย ย 

Hi Aurora,

Yes im hoping that i can do all of that before my exams.

Yes but she won't be able to do alot so i will probably just it like normal which is alright i guess its strange i like doing it but it can feel overwhelming at sometimes.ย 

• Digital Mentor
3 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora,

Yes im hoping that i can do all of that before my exams.

Yes but she won't be able to do alot so i will probably just it like normal which is alright i guess its strange i like doing it but it can feel overwhelming at sometimes.ย 

Is there someone else eg a friend of your mums who might be able to help out a little bit during your exam period?ย 

I think it's really normal that you feel like that. Being a young carer comes with a lot of responsibilities and when you have a lot of additional things to focus on (such as your studies) it's not surprising that it can feel overwhelming. at times I'm wondering whether just talking to your mum about it might help you feel a bit better about it? She might have some ideas or suggestions what the two of you can do to make sure that it doesn't get too much for you. What do you think?ย 

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2024 at 10:00 AM, Aurora said:

Is there someone else eg a friend of your mums who might be able to help out a little bit during your exam period?ย 

I think it's really normal that you feel like that. Being a young carer comes with a lot of responsibilities and when you have a lot of additional things to focus on (such as your studies) it's not surprising that it can feel overwhelming. at times I'm wondering whether just talking to your mum about it might help you feel a bit better about it? She might have some ideas or suggestions what the two of you can do to make sure that it doesn't get too much for you. What do you think?ย 

Hi Aurora,ย 

Sorry for only getting back to you have had a busy week.ย 

I don't think there is unfortunately.

I have talked to her about it she knows how I feel and she wishes that she could help me out a bit more but unfortunately she can't. She told me to do much as possible and if it gets too much I have to stop. But the thing is with ADHD it's weird as when I start something it needs to be done I can't just leave it done halfway as that will make me feel bad about not completing it.ย 

ย 

• Digital Mentor
On 6/3/2024 at 12:44 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora,ย 

Sorry for only getting back to you have had a busy week.ย 

I don't think there is unfortunately.

I have talked to her about it she knows how I feel and she wishes that she could help me out a bit more but unfortunately she can't. She told me to do much as possible and if it gets too much I have to stop. But the thing is with ADHD it's weird as when I start something it needs to be done I can't just leave it done halfway as that will make me feel bad about not completing it.ย 

Hi @Treacle 246, @Auroraย won't be back online until Thursday, so I thought I would comment in the meantime.ย 

It must be very challenging to have to manage all your responsibilities at home whilst also having enough time to prepare for your exams. I can well imagine that the need to see tasks through to completion must be challenging, too. It probably means that you end up sticking at tasks for longer than you should in order to have the peace of mind of knowing they're done; however, that must also exhaust you at times.

How many exams do you have left now? I'm wondering if you think it would be worth us preparing a revision plan. A revision plan can help to structure your exam prep and gain a sense of control and organisation as you approach exam time. What do you think, is this something that sounds worth trying?ย 

18 hours ago, Lennie said:

Hi @Treacle 246, @Auroraย won't be back online until Thursday, so I thought I would comment in the meantime.ย 

It must be very challenging to have to manage all your responsibilities at home whilst also having enough time to prepare for your exams. I can well imagine that the need to see tasks through to completion must be challenging, too. It probably means that you end up sticking at tasks for longer than you should in order to have the peace of mind of knowing they're done; however, that must also exhaust you at times.

How many exams do you have left now? I'm wondering if you think it would be worth us preparing a revision plan. A revision plan can help to structure your exam prep and gain a sense of control and organisation as you approach exam time. What do you think, is this something that sounds worth trying?ย 

Yes it is very challenging at times but like usual i can get through them. I only have 2 more exams left which is good and hopefully everything will calm down after the exams are over. I have done a revision plan but its also hard when doing house work that needs to be done.ย 

• Digital Mentor
17 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes it is very challenging at times but like usual i can get through them. I only have 2 more exams left which is good and hopefully everything will calm down after the exams are over. I have done a revision plan but its also hard when doing house work that needs to be done.ย 

It sounds like you're doing really well under difficult circumstances. It's easy to overlook these achievements when things are busy and we're stressed, but juggling these different responsibilities independently is impressive and you should feel proud. So well done, you're almost there!ย ๐Ÿ™‚

Now that you're getting close to the finish line, exam-wise, do you have anything planned to celebrate and reward yourself once you're done? Even if this is small, it can be helpful to have something to look forward to.

3 minutes ago, Lennie said:

It sounds like you're doing really well under difficult circumstances. It's easy to overlook these achievements when things are busy and we're stressed, but juggling these different responsibilities independently is impressive and you should feel proud. So well done, you're almost there!ย ๐Ÿ™‚

Now that you're getting close to the finish line, exam-wise, do you have anything planned to celebrate and reward yourself once you're done? Even if this is small, it can be helpful to have something to look forward to.

Yeah thats true i can't wait for the exams to be over. Probably go for a meal out with mum when exams are over

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah thats true i can't wait for the exams to be over. Probably go for a meal out with mum when exams are over

Great! That sounds nice. You're doing so well and you're almost there. We have our fingers crossed for you and wish you luck in the final couple of exams.

In the meantime, feel free to let us know how you're doing. This period is tough and I know there are others here who can relate to the stress of exam time. Hopefully when you are finished though, you'll have a little more time to relax and do some things you enjoy.

On 6/5/2024 at 11:33 AM, Lennie said:

Great! That sounds nice. You're doing so well and you're almost there. We have our fingers crossed for you and wish you luck in the final couple of exams.

In the meantime, feel free to let us know how you're doing. This period is tough and I know there are others here who can relate to the stress of exam time. Hopefully when you are finished though, you'll have a little more time to relax and do some things you enjoy.

Thank youย 

To be honest im not doing so well with my mental health lastely just feels like everything in my mind has been attacking me this week

• Digital Mentor
17 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Thank youย 

To be honest im not doing so well with my mental health lastely just feels like everything in my mind has been attacking me this week

Good morning @Treacle 246, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want to talk about it? Don't feel you have to - only if you feel comfortable to. Is there anything that has triggered this, do you think? We're here for youย โค๏ธ

Staff-Account.png

7 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Good morning @Treacle 246, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want to talk about it? Don't feel you have to - only if you feel comfortable to. Is there anything that has triggered this, do you think? We're here for youย โค๏ธ

Its all the bad memorize that happened when i was experiencing Bullying and everything with my sister just feels like every bad memory has been attacking me this week and today and i just feel like its constantย 

• Digital Mentor
27 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Its all the bad memorize that happened when i was experiencing Bullying and everything with my sister just feels like every bad memory has been attacking me this week and today and i just feel like its constantย 

That sounds like a lot. Have you tried some grounding exercises? Grounding exercises can help to bring us back to the present moment and draw our attention away from any anxious thoughts we might be having. I can't remember if I have mentioned any grounding exercises to you before? If not or if you have forgotten how they work, would you like me to tell you a bit more about them?

Also, have you had a chance to speak to your welfare manager yet? I know that you usually find it very helpful to speak to her. Or is there anyone else you could reach out to?ย 

Staff-Account.png

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That sounds like a lot. Have you tried some grounding exercises? Grounding exercises can help to bring us back to the present moment and draw our attention away from any anxious thoughts we might be having. I can't remember if I have mentioned any grounding exercises to you before? If not or if you have forgotten how they work, would you like me to tell you a bit more about them?

Also, have you had a chance to speak to your welfare manager yet? I know that you usually find it very helpful to speak to her. Or is there anyone else you could reach out to?ย 

I have tried all the techniques that i have done in the past to help me and they seem not to be working as the bad memories are just constant. No i haven't i was supposed to talk to her Wednesday but when i saw her i just had a breakdown infront of her as the memories were getting too much to handle. Yesterday she wss busy and today she isnt in but i do have another welfare manager to talk to but i dont know and they also want me to work through this with my counsellor next week

• Digital Mentor
3 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I have tried all the techniques that i have done in the past to help me and they seem not to be working as the bad memories are just constant. No i haven't i was supposed to talk to her Wednesday but when i saw her i just had a breakdown infront of her as the memories were getting too much to handle. Yesterday she wss busy and today she isnt in but i do have another welfare manager to talk to but i dont know and they also want me to work through this with my counsellor next week

How do you feel about speaking to your counsellor next week.

Maybe you could see the other welfare manager in the meantime - just so you have someone you can talk to. What do you think? Please don't feel you have to share everything with them - just whatever you feel comfortable to in the moment. For example you could say something like "I'm really struggling with some bad memories at the moment" but you don't have to explain what they are. How does that sound?ย 

Staff-Account.png

19 minutes ago, Aurora said:

How do you feel about speaking to your counsellor next week.

Maybe you could see the other welfare manager in the meantime - just so you have someone you can talk to. What do you think? Please don't feel you have to share everything with them - just whatever you feel comfortable to in the moment. For example you could say something like "I'm really struggling with some bad memories at the moment" but you don't have to explain what they are. How does that sound?ย 

I feel nervous to talk to her.ย 

I think i might. Yeah but they kind of like to know everything but im going to give it a try later on in the day thst sounds alright but there's a high possibility that she will ask what the memories are about.ย 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Treacle 246 said:

I feel nervous to talk to her.ย 

I think i might. Yeah but they kind of like to know everything but im going to give it a try later on in the day thst sounds alright but there's a high possibility that she will ask what the memories are about.ย 

It's natural to feel nervous about talking to her. Have you met her before or will this be the first time?

If the other welfare manager asks you what the memories are about and you don't feel comfortable to tell her, that's absolutely fine. You should feel no pressure to tell. Maybe you can say something like 'I don't feel ready to talk about it'. The welfare manager can still be there for you, without knowing any of the details. How does that sound?ย 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png