Jump to content
This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

My mental health is getting worse :(


Recommended Posts

My mental health sometimes gets really bad, just out of the blue and for no particular reason. I can feel it getting worse, and I want to make sure I can keep it from plummeting to the bottom of mental health and keep myself fully, or at least mostly, operating. Does anyone have any tips? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Digital Mentor
9 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

My mental health sometimes gets really bad, just out of the blue and for no particular reason. I can feel it getting worse, and I want to make sure I can keep it from plummeting to the bottom of mental health and keep myself fully, or at least mostly, operating. Does anyone have any tips? 

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm wondering, is your wellbeing getting to the point where you feel like you need support to manage?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm wondering, is your wellbeing getting to the point where you feel like you need support to manage?

No, not right now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Well, right now I'm a five or six, but slowly getting worse

Hey there,

Okay. Let's say you're a six now. I'm wondering, what would help you or what needs to change for you to go down to a five or a four? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Okay. Let's say you're a six now. I'm wondering, what would help you or what needs to change for you to go down to a five or a four? 

I…don’t know 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing that. Why do you think you've gone up to a seven? Did something happen? 

Not really…just, last march is when I started self-harming, so i guess i have that hovering over me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Not really…just, last march is when I started self-harming, so i guess i have that hovering over me?

Hey,

Can you tell me more about having the self-harm hovering over you? What does that feel like?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Can you tell me more about having the self-harm hovering over you? What does that feel like?

It’s kind of like I’ve had all this time to fix everything and I haven’t really succeeded in doing that. Also, every time i look at the date, i think something along the lines of ‘you know what happened this time last year? You were looking at that same date, with your arms stinging under the table’ and especially because I'm so stressed right now, there’s a certain amount of shame and fear of relapsing. I also keep about what could’ve happened last year if i hadn’t ben caught. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

It’s kind of like I’ve had all this time to fix everything and I haven’t really succeeded in doing that. Also, every time i look at the date, i think something along the lines of ‘you know what happened this time last year? You were looking at that same date, with your arms stinging under the table’ and especially because I'm so stressed right now, there’s a certain amount of shame and fear of relapsing. I also keep about what could’ve happened last year if i hadn’t ben caught. 

Hey there,

Yeah, I do definitely see that sense of shame in what you're saying. It sounds like you're being really critical of yourself, when really, you were struggling and were looking for a way to cope. I'm wondering, if a friend of yours had been self-harming, how would you respond to them? Would you say kind things? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I do definitely see that sense of shame in what you're saying. It sounds like you're being really critical of yourself, when really, you were struggling and were looking for a way to cope. I'm wondering, if a friend of yours had been self-harming, how would you respond to them? Would you say kind things? 

My friends have revealed that they have been through similar things and I do tell them how awesome they are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess it’s hard not to be tough on myself when people are flipping joking about it without realizing I’m trying to deal with something

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I guess it’s hard not to be tough on myself when people are flipping joking about it without realizing I’m trying to deal with something

Hey there,

Yeah, I think it might be helpful for you to try being kind to yourself over this. Can you give me an example of one of the negative things you say to yourself?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I think it might be helpful for you to try being kind to yourself over this. Can you give me an example of one of the negative things you say to yourself?

Often it's things along the lines of  'Why do you even think about these things? No one else cares. Most people think it's funny. Stop being weak'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Oop my post before this one is hidden still.

I kind of gave in last night…i feel even worse about this because now I have five (very small and shallow) new cuts. I’m thinking even lower about myself now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
On 4/2/2022 at 1:38 AM, Emberfrost12 said:

Often it's things along the lines of  'Why do you even think about these things? No one else cares. Most people think it's funny. Stop being weak'

Hey,

Yeah, it sounds like you're being pretty tough on yourself, but I'm wondering, does it have to be that way? What could be a nice version of that? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, it sounds like you're being pretty tough on yourself, but I'm wondering, does it have to be that way? What could be a nice version of that? 

I..don’t really know…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

That's okay. I'm wondering, what could the opposite of 'No one else cares' and 'Stop being weak'?

Well, it would probably be ‘some people care’ and  ‘stay strong’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Well, it would probably be ‘some people care’ and  ‘stay strong’

Hey,

Yeah, exactly. Can I give you a task to do that you might find helpful? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Sure

For the next week or so, every time you have a negative thought or notice that you're being hard on yourself, can you write it down and then let me know what they are? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...