This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Pass it forward: share your most memorable/impactful quote for others

Harper ย  ย 

• Ditch the Label Staff

One of the things I enjoy most about our community is the fact that we're all here for each other and you're never too far from others who understand you and the things you're going through. With this in mind, I wanted to start a thread where we all share a quote that has really helped at some point in our lives and stuck in the mind, so that it can live on to help others also.

Please share your single most memorable quote in this thread. The only rule is that you can only share one. It's also up to you as to whether or not you share the quote only or also provide an explanation of why you chose it.

I'll start:

My quote: The stories we tell ourselves are important

Why I chose it:ย Because we build and interpret our own reality from the world around us. We apply meaning that sometimes doesn't even exist. It's very easy to read the words and actions of other people in a way that is harmful to ourselves and to blame ourselves for the behaviour and attitudes of others. This can often feed into deeper and false narratives we tell ourselves about our self-worth and importance in the world. For example, growing up, I experienced a lot of bullying and I grew up believing that it was my fault and that I was not worthy. Now as an adult, I realise that many of the people bullying me were so unhappy and were looking for others to blame or take it out on. Some of the kids beating me up were probably going home to difficult home lives and it was never personal, they bullied many people.

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

My Quote: "ย We are repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit."

Why I chose it:ย I chose it because it continuously reminds me to work to the best of my abilities and try as hard as I can to be the best version of myself.

• Like 5

My quote: a million likes will never be enough if you don't like yourself

Why I chose it: I have to regularly ย remind myself that the amount of likes I get on socials doesn't affect my value as a person

• Like 5

My quote: it's a song lyric but still a quote i think.. don't look back in anger

Why I chose it: its true. no point being angry about things that have already happened. i think there are exceptions to big major things obviously, im just talking about daily small things

• Like 3

My quote: Courage isn't having the strength to go on, it's going on when you have no strength.

Why I chose it: Sometimes we tell ourself that we are weak because we can't continue, but really, we have courage because weย areย continuing, even though we don't think we are.

• Like 4

Another quote that I like

My quote:โ€œThere are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but Iโ€™ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.โ€

Why I like it: I like it because it just radiates true love, loyalty, devotion and care

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Taken Elated Homoromantic said:

Another quote that I like

My quote:โ€œThere are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but Iโ€™ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.โ€

Why I like it: I like it because it just radiates true love, loyalty, devotion and care

Wow, that is an awesome quote :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wingedwolf12 said:

Wow, that is an awesome quote :)

thanks.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:46 PM, Wingedwolf12 said:

My quote: Courage isn't having the strength to go on, it's going on when you have no strength.

Why I chose it: Sometimes we tell ourself that we are weak because we can't continue, but really, we have courage because weย areย continuing, even though we don't think we are.

A little change you could make for this quote is change 'Courage' for 'Perseverance' to make the quote

Perseveranceย isn't having the strength to go on, it's going on when you have no strength which makes the quote perfect for people who feel like giving up on work because it is too hard.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My quote is from an unknown author:

"We are all a little broken, but last time I checked, broken crayons still color the same."

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My quote: "One day you will be old enough to read fairy tales enough" - C.S. Lewis

Why I chose it: Sometimes in our adult and teen life, people forget about things like fairy tales and the simple, fun, things. I think a lot of people come to find that creativity and childish fun is amazing and you can never be too old for it, you can only ever be too young. Also, it just speaks to me individually.ย 

ย 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ย 

โ€œYouโ€™re mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But Iโ€™ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.โ€ย 

or this ones "I used to thinkย time was a theif. But you give before you take. Time is a gift, every minutes every second."ย  (Alice in Wonderland-through the looking glass)

They are not exactly inspirational but they has always stuck with me.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by ConfusedandFruity?
  • Like 1

"In the end,ย  we always regret the life we failed to live."

Why: I've always loved this one because I feel like people need a constant reminder to live life to its fullest, and that one day when you die, you're going to realize that there were so many things you should have done but you didn't. So many things you want to do but can't. I'm doing everything I can do make sure than when I die, I can say that I'm happy with what I did and that there's nothing that I wish I had taken a chance on or taken a risk with, and this quote just really channels that energy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

the moment you feel like giving up, remember the reason you held on for so long
why: this quote helped me stay alive

ย 

Edited by ScarlettJane119
  • Like 2
  • Yaaas 4

• 2 weeks later...

My Quote : " Set a goal which makes you jump out of the bed."

I like this quote because I can relate to .I have set a goal I want to achieve.

• Like 1

"Just because it's in your mind doesnt make it any less real."

Why? Because when someone tells you you're delusional for thinking a certain way. This is kinda relatableย 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

ย 

My quotes (from a song lyrics):

"Happiness, farewells, love, and friendship;
theyโ€™re all goods that can be bought for moneyโ€ฆ within jokes made by comical dreams.
I might just die tomorrow you know,
everything might just end up being for naught.
Mornings and nights, spring and autumn,
unchanging, someone dies somewhere.
I donโ€™t need dreams or even a tomorrow,
If youโ€™ll have lived on then thatโ€™s all I need.
Yeahโ€ฆ Thatโ€™s actually what I want to sing about.

Hated by life itself.
In the end, weโ€™ll die anyway.
You will, I will, one day all of us will rot away like fallen leaves.
But regardless, we live on franticallyโ€”
Shouldering our lives, frantically, we liveโ€”
Killing, struggling, laughing, shouldering it all,
living, living, living, living, JUST LIVE."

Song: "Hated by life itself" - Kanzaki Lori

Why I chose this quote:ย We've all got one life. Please, don't waste it, and cling onto hope. It will be all worth it in the end, I promise you.

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

My quote: If you're not 100% happy in life, you're not done yet.

ย 

My friend, who's depressed and struggling a little right now, told me this when I asked how they were. I like it because it holds hope and determination and means that things can get better, that we still have a ways to go and we can be happier in the future.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"nobody normal ever accomplished anything meaningful in this world"ย 

why this quote: even tho i still want to be "normal" sometimes, this reminds me that it's ok to be different

• Like 2

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.โ€

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

my quote: draw a monster, why is it a monster? -daughter by janice lee

why this quote: idk, it just speaks to me, like we always judge someone by their looks and not by who they are at their core. and this quote really sums that up

my quote: โ€œi donโ€™t trust you, i trust that i can beat you in a fightโ€ or something like that, i canโ€™t find the quote

why this quote: itโ€™s not the most positive quote, but it really describes my life right now and how i react to many situations. i only trust very few people, and even then i donโ€™t trust them with everything. iโ€™ve learned the hard way that the only person i can trust is myself and my abilities, so this quote really ties back to that

• 1 month later...

I have two.

1: โ€œDonโ€™t make a permanent decision based on temporary feelings.โ€ย 

Why: This quote has helped save my life many times.

ย 

2: Things will never be the same as they were, but they have to be better than they are now.ย 

Why: This quote inspires me to be better than how I used to be and continues to help me heal through my trauma.

ย 

I hope this helps somebody.ย 

my quote: "no matter what happens, we'll be okay" from mr. robot

why this quote: it gets me through times of hopelessness. for some reason, ever since i had heard that line, i always thought of my life that way - that no matter what happens, i'll be okay. it really helps me find strength and makes me feel invincible and unbreakable

I got some more:

-Practice makes progress.

-Bravery is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.ย 
ย