Eep

Emberfrost12 Β  Β 

Β 

Worst possible 2nd day of school.

Just imagine this scenario: You're going to drama, and it's the first option's class of the day. You have friends in this class and have a lot of stuff planned out. You pull out your phone to check your classes for no particular reason, but you can see that you definitely have drama. Then, you sit through attendance, excited for the class, but your name isn't called. When you ask about it, you are told "no, you aren't in this class. Check your powerschool? I have you a different term, i believe" You check this, and while a minute ago it said drama, it now says band.

You head to band, accidentally say you're a grade eight until someone else reminds you that you aren't. You check your schedule and find that you don't have drama at all this year and suddenly all of your options are rearranged and now you have computer sciences, which you never wanted. You have a mental breakdown and try not to cry too loudly while your teacher does the class intro thing. Finally, he assigns the class an icebreaker and comes over to talk. You explain (badly, because you're still crying and this just makes it worse) what happened. He says you should go to student services later and get it fixed. Two other people try and check if you're okay, and you eventually decide to go to student services.

Upon getting there, the person at the desk tells you that you're gonna be ok (because the crying is super obvious) and tries to figure out, based on your explanation, what happened. They tell you that you can talk with the person who probably did it soon, so you sit down and wait, while thinking about how this person probably thinks you're insane, based on past experiences. The bell rings, and a few minutes later, this person comes out of her office and tells you that there's no way you can get back into drama that term, because there were 48 people in that class, so everyone who was able to switch out of it was switched out. But you can always talk to the vice principle.Β 

So you go to the office and ask if that vice principle is available. She's in a meeting, so you're told to come back early on tuesday to discuss it.

That's my day! I....aghhhh

Β 

• Hug 1

Oh my, Ember. I am truly sorry this happened, how are you feeling now? You are so strong, sending massive hugs. Ik you dk me and probs dont want to talk to me, but I am here if you need someone to talk to. You really deserve to of spoken to someone that same day, even if they’re in a meeting. Did the meeting that student services was in take all day? We’re here for you! I am sorry you were told that you wouldn’t be able to switch classes, I am truly sorry, I hope on Tuesday that you’ll be able to get a outcome that will benefit you in the long run for this term. ❀️

Edited by Megs-

2 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Oh my, Ember. I am truly sorry this happened, how are you feeling now? You are so strong, sending massive hugs. Ik you dk me and probs dont want to talk to me, but I am here if you need someone to talk to. You really deserve to of spoken to someone that same day, even if they’re in a meeting. Did the meeting that student services was in take all day? We’re here for you!Β 

I want to curl up in a ball and cry, tbh.Β 

No, I'm familiar with this person (they used to be my school counselor) and they probably would've helped me then if they could.

Options were last period, and fridays are half days, so classes are really short, and it did take a while for me to end up there. It was all the staff in the meeting, and I'm guessing it was pretty long

• Hug 1

Just now, Emberfrost12 said:

I want to curl up in a ball and cry, tbh.Β 

No, I'm familiar with this person (they used to be my school counselor) and they probably would've helped me then if they could.

Options were last period, and fridays are half days, so classes are really short, and it did take a while for me to end up there. It was all the staff in the meeting, and I'm guessing it was pretty long

Ah okay, Thankyou for explaining. Sorry for misunderstanding.Β 
Β 

Crying is good for us, it allows us to feel sense with ourselves, don’t be afraid to cry, crying is the best way to get everything out that you’re feeling. You can rant if you’d like, im here for another hour until I will head offline because I have to be up early tomorrow. But if you want space, I’ll go but, you’re not alone ❀️

• Thanks 1

I'm just annoyed that they messed up organizing classes and nowΒ weΒ have to pay for it and they can't even find a way to fix it in a way that people like. There is an easy solution here...

That’s terrible on their behalf. has this happened to other people? sorry for the questions. don’t have to answer if you’re not comfortable in answeringΒ 

Just now, Megs- said:

That’s terrible on their behalf. has this happened to other people? sorry for the questions. don’t have to answer if you’re not comfortable in answeringΒ 

Yeah, it has happened to other people

I'll only stop answering if I feel like I'm giving too much away about where I go to school or anything like that. You can ask as many questions as you want :)

• Hug 1

Yeah, it has happened to other people

I'll only stop answering if I feel like I'm giving too much away about where I go to school or anything like that. You can ask as many questions as you want :)

of course, mhm. im just thinking that if its happened to others, do you know who’s it happened to? ( just trying to understand the situation better, and I am just trying to help you also even though im rubbish at advice ).Β 
Β 

if you know others who’s it happened to, do you have a teacher who you could talk to about this? like, I saw you mentioned a counsellor, not sure if you see them anymore but someone who you could trust?

how do you feel about Tuesday? Is it causing you to worry? If so, you can always share what’s worrying you and we’ll support you ❀️. You matter πŸ™‚

Just now, Megs- said:

of course, mhm. im just thinking that if its happened to others, do you know who’s it happened to? ( just trying to understand the situation better, and I am just trying to help you also even though im rubbish at advice ).Β 
Β 

if you know others who’s it happened to, do you have a teacher who you could talk to about this? like, I saw you mentioned a counsellor, not sure if you see them anymore but someone who you could trust?

how do you feel about Tuesday? Is it causing you to worry? If so, you can always share what’s worrying you and we’ll support you ❀️. You matter πŸ™‚

I'm gonna get my options switched back, hopefully

I'm not nervous, I'm just hoping that my vice principle listens to me (she should, i think she likes me) and that I don't have to get angry (I'm not afraid to, but she is so nice that it's hard to get angry with her. Total opposite of our other vice principle who yells all the time)

• Hug 1

I'm currently in a library and two people are on voice calls and talking really loud and giving personal information to the person they're talking with but everyone else can hear them

• Hug 1

I'm gonna get my options switched back, hopefully

I'm not nervous, I'm just hoping that my vice principle listens to me (she should, i think she likes me) and that I don't have to get angry (I'm not afraid to, but she is so nice that it's hard to get angry with her. Total opposite of our other vice principle who yells all the time)

She sounds like she understands you, is that correct? I mean, who wouldn’t like you? You’re so kind and nice to everyone around you, you welcomed me and have supported me, so im sure she does like you πŸ™‚. Well, i really hope Tuesday goes well for you, Ember! You deserve a good outcome, im praying for you❀️.Β 
Β 

oh no, that’s not beneficial for you or anyone else around you. It’s a Libary for a reason. Librays mean, *Quietness*. Is there anybody around who can hear them, like people who manage those places?Β 

3 minutes ago, Megs- said:

She sounds like she understands you, is that correct? I mean, who wouldn’t like you? You’re so kind and nice to everyone around you, you welcomed me and have supported me, so im sure she does like you πŸ™‚. Well, i really hope Tuesday goes well for you, Ember! You deserve a good outcome, im praying for you❀️.Β 
Β 

oh no, that’s not beneficial for you or anyone else around you. It’s a Libary for a reason. Librays mean, *Quietness*. Is there anybody around who can hear them, like people who manage those places?Β 

A lot of people don't like me. I'm fine with it though, because those people generally suck

I don't think it's really bothering anyone too badly. And i'm pretty sure that most of the employees are on the other side of the library. It's pretty entertaining to listen to them talk. One of them is discussing dissecting a computer, and the other sounds mildly like she's scamming someone :)

Edited by Emberfrost12

A lot of people don't like me. I'm fine with it though, because those people generally suck

I don't think it's really bothering anyone too badly. And i'm pretty sure that most of the employees are on the other side of the library. It's pretty entertaining to listen to them talk. One of them is discussing dissecting a computer, and the other sounds mildly like she's scamming someone

oh dang okay. well, if it gets to much then politely tell them to shh haha πŸ˜†. That does sound like it would be fun to listen to ngl πŸ™‚

Just now, Megs- said:

oh dang okay. well, if it gets to much then politely tell them to shh haha πŸ˜†. That does sound like it would be fun to listen to ngl πŸ™‚

It is. One of them just asked 'well, how many canadas are there? There should only be one'

• Haha 1

It is. One of them just asked 'well, how many canadas are there? There should only be one'

I just laughed haha πŸ˜†. That’s actually funny. How are you feeling now?

Just now, Megs- said:

I just laughed haha πŸ˜†. That’s actually funny. How are you feeling now?

Still like i want to cry. But better

• Hug 1

Still like i want to cry. But better

Awh. sending hugs your way. What are you reading at the libary

Just now, Megs- said:

Awh. sending hugs your way. What are you reading at the libary

I'm using a computer :) You can borrow laptops while inside the library

• Hug 1

I'm using a computer :) You can borrow laptops while inside the library

Ah nice 😊! I hope you start to feel better, even if it’s a little bit by bit. I’m heading off to sleep now, but when I wake up I’ll check in with you, massive hugs, Ember ❀️

Β 

Oh now one is talking about cells and centuries

Oh my

Just now, Megs- said:

Ah nice 😊! I hope you start to feel better, even if it’s a little bit by bit. I’m heading off to sleep now, but when I wake up I’ll check in with you, massive hugs, Ember ❀️

Oh my

G'night!

• Hug 1

1 minute ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Oh now one is talking about cells and centuries

I think i misjudged. She's teaching someone, not scamming someone....

• Digital Mentor
On 9/1/2023 at 10:48 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Worst possible 2nd day of school.

Just imagine this scenario: You're going to drama, and it's the first option's class of the day. You have friends in this class and have a lot of stuff planned out. You pull out your phone to check your classes for no particular reason, but you can see that you definitely have drama. Then, you sit through attendance, excited for the class, but your name isn't called. When you ask about it, you are told "no, you aren't in this class. Check your powerschool? I have you a different term, i believe" You check this, and while a minute ago it said drama, it now says band.

You head to band, accidentally say you're a grade eight until someone else reminds you that you aren't. You check your schedule and find that you don't have drama at all this year and suddenly all of your options are rearranged and now you have computer sciences, which you never wanted. You have a mental breakdown and try not to cry too loudly while your teacher does the class intro thing. Finally, he assigns the class an icebreaker and comes over to talk. You explain (badly, because you're still crying and this just makes it worse) what happened. He says you should go to student services later and get it fixed. Two other people try and check if you're okay, and you eventually decide to go to student services.

Upon getting there, the person at the desk tells you that you're gonna be ok (because the crying is super obvious) and tries to figure out, based on your explanation, what happened. They tell you that you can talk with the person who probably did it soon, so you sit down and wait, while thinking about how this person probably thinks you're insane, based on past experiences. The bell rings, and a few minutes later, this person comes out of her office and tells you that there's no way you can get back into drama that term, because there were 48 people in that class, so everyone who was able to switch out of it was switched out. But you can always talk to the vice principle.Β 

So you go to the office and ask if that vice principle is available. She's in a meeting, so you're told to come back early on tuesday to discuss it.

That's my day! I....aghhhh

Hi there, I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? I'm really sorry to hear that they messed up so badly - it sounds really unfair that they just switched students around on the first day. Surely this should have been sorted out much earlier and not on the second day of school. If drama is really popular maybe they should think about running two classes? You mentioned that you get to speak to the vice principal today. I hope your meeting with them goes really well and she can somehow make sure that you can switch back to drama or at least that you get to do it next term.Β 

Staff-Account.png