This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Panic attacks

the.one.they.call.gay Β  Β 

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, Hawthorne11 said:

I'm awesome right now, I just ran 12 miles in 3 days and am completely exhausted! But it feels goodΒ πŸ˜†

Leaves on a Stream is basically where you imagine this stream with a tree on the banks. It can look like whatever you want, it doesn't even have to be a tree, it could be a bush or a flower, just something with leaves, or the stream could be a big river or something. But this tree or whatever is losing leaves, and every time you have a thought, a leaf falls off into the stream, and you imagine the thought written or an image from the thought on that leaf. Then you imagine the thought floating away on the stream. It's not as effective if you don't have a strong imagination, but as I do it's very calming and works extremely well.

Hi @Hawthorne11

Oh wow, well done you! Honestly physical exercise is an underrated form of mental health intervention!

That sounds like a really powerful visualisation! I'm definitely going to try that! Thanks for sharing it with us. There is something really mindful about letting things go and, even if it's imaginary it can absolutely help to visualise something disappearing out of sight. What have you been "writing" on your leaves? Only share if you feel comfortable doing so :)

Staff-Account.png

Annoyed. It's not working. This is the only time it hasn't worked. It's very irritating.Β 

Just sleep deprived lol

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Hawthorne11 said:

Annoyed. It's not working. This is the only time it hasn't worked. It's very irritating.Β 

Just sleep deprived lol

Hi @Hawthorne11,

I'm sorry to hear that you're sleep deprived. Has something been keeping you from sleeping lately?

The thing about visualisations is that they can be incredibly powerful the first time you hear about them. And then they might start to "wear off" as you go along. It might be worth exploring another one. There are lots of helpful guided visualisations on YouTube and even on Netflix. Would you consider trying another one?

Staff-Account.png

Just some rather interesting dreams and a person.

Maybe? I don't know. I think that the reason it isn't working is because I am thinking about it so much, almost all the time. It's kind of hard to stop thinking about something when all you want to do is think about it, you know?

• Digital Mentor
44 minutes ago, Hawthorne11 said:

Just some rather interesting dreams and a person.

Maybe? I don't know. I think that the reason it isn't working is because I am thinking about it so much, almost all the time. It's kind of hard to stop thinking about something when all you want to do is think about it, you know?

Hi,

I completely get that. You felt like this visualisation really worked for you, so you kept using it until it stopped working. There's nothing wrong with that. Would you like to talk about the reason for using these?

Staff-Account.png

wen I get penic attaks I use the 54321 methord. 5 things u can cee. name 4 things u can touch. 3 things u can here. 2 things u can smell n 1 thing u can taste. hope tht helps. ❀️

20 hours ago, Megs- said:

wen I get penic attaks I use the 54321 methord. 5 things u can cee. name 4 things u can touch. 3 things u can here. 2 things u can smell n 1 thing u can taste. hope tht helps. ❀️

I do that sometimes. It works pretty well.

20 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi,

I completely get that. You felt like this visualisation really worked for you, so you kept using it until it stopped working. There's nothing wrong with that. Would you like to talk about the reason for using these?

ahh not really thank you though.

Just now, Hawthorne11 said:

I do that sometimes. It works pretty well.

thts gd <3 alwys here ❀️

8 minutes ago, MiraculousLB2004 said:

Hi, Im new here wanna talk im bored

YAS GIRLIE/BOI/ whatever you prefer<3

Β