This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Panic attacks

the.one.they.call.gay Β  Β 

Hey, so I had a panic attack today! *nervous laugh* However, the entire time, my sister was talking to me about her date with a girl. While I'd love to hear about that, I can't handle all that at once. So here's my question: How do I kindly and politely tell someone to eff off whilst in the middle of an internal collapse? I need an answer to this question more than I need oxygen.

• Digital Mentor
4 hours ago, ur_gay_bestie said:

Hey, so I had a panic attack today! *nervous laugh* However, the entire time, my sister was talking to me about her date with a girl. While I'd love to hear about that, I can't handle all that at once. So here's my question: How do I kindly and politely tell someone to eff off whilst in the middle of an internal collapse? I need an answer to this question more than I need oxygen.

Hi there, I'm sorry to heat you had a panic attack and your sister just carried on talking about her own stuff. Do you mind me asking if you get these often? And can I ask, did you tell your sister how you were feeling or do you think she didn't know what was going on for you at the time?Β 

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, I'm sorry to heat you had a panic attacheard your sister just carr, ed on talking about her own stuff. Do you mind me asking if you get these often? And can I ask, did you tell your sister how you were feeling or do you think she didn't know what was going on for you at the time?Β 

Hey, I get panic attacks like, every other day or so. But I just act like nothings wrong, so people don't tend to see what's happening. I have a hard time telling people what I'm feeling. And I especially struggle with emotional expressions. After she walked away though, I got it under control by putting on my headphones and listen to music.

• Digital Mentor
23 hours ago, ur_gay_bestie said:

Hey, I get panic attacks like, every other day or so. But I just act like nothings wrong, so people don't tend to see what's happening. I have a hard time telling people what I'm feeling. And I especially struggle with emotional expressions. After she walked away though, I got it under control by putting on my headphones and listen to music.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing them so often. That sounds really tough. I get that you have a hard time telling people. It can be really difficult opening up about our emotions and feelings as it can make us feel vulnerable. Do you think that might be why you like to keep it to yourself? I'm wondering, if your sister (or another family member) was experiencing this, would you want them to talk to you about it?Β  Also, do you mind telling me a bit about panic attacks (if you feel comfortable to)? How do you feel when it happens and have you noticed a trigger?Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 5/24/2023 at 8:40 PM, ur_gay_bestie said:

Oh my effin gawd,Β  so I'm not the only one then πŸ’€πŸ™ legit I can't underscore how relatable this is, I'm like in a tank of water and it is rising above my head and I can't breath among other symptoms...during convo and the other person like my mom for example is talking about ukuleles or her experience at the health insurance place, and I do care i swear!! But i am sorry I don't have an answer for you, lets try to figure it out together tho πŸ« πŸ‘

• Yaaas 1

So- I also had one today- just because of some stupid friend stuff- but it’s kinda weird because there was one point in time where I didn’t cry for years. No matter what It was. And then one time I cried in front of my mom and ever since then I cry over the smallest things- any reason why?

Edited by _melanie_
  • Hug 2

1 minute ago, _melanie_ said:

So- I also had one today- just because of some stupid friend stuff- but it’s kinda weird because there was one point in time where I didn’t cry for years. No matter what It was. And then one time I cried in front of my mom and ever since then I cry over the smallest things- any reason why?

hmm, well firstly sorry to hear that :/ I am not sure why, maybe you are trying to let out the pent-up emotions and tears..? Crying is really good for letting out tho, I can hardly cry these days, tbh I am not even sure what crying means I guess.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much!!! You’re right- crying is really good for you. I’m hoping we can work through this together <3Β 

• Yaaas 1

3 minutes ago, _melanie_ said:

Thank you so much!!! You’re right- crying is really good for you. I’m hoping we can work through this together <3Β 

Yeah ofc❣️ I know we can πŸ˜‰~⭐️

• Yaaas 1

Heheheheeh<3 youre so sweet lolπŸ’—βœ¨ I hope you have an amazing day!!!^^

• Thanks 1

Well that’s mighty kind of you gal! I hope the same for you, you sure have radiating positive energy!Β 
also, I will keep that in mind 🀭😚⭐️

• Like 1

Awww thank youuuuu!!!<3 I try to stay positive lol- so yea I love astronomy and just stars- idk I just do lol they’re just so fascinatingΒ 

4 minutes ago, _melanie_ said:

Awww thank youuuuu!!!<3 I try to stay positive lol- so yea I love astronomy and just stars- idk I just do lol they’re just so fascinatingΒ 

Oh I see! Ye I have been working on seeing the positives more.Β 
the stars, universe, and planets are too beautiful to describe. Just the feeling of looking at the night sky and seeing the stars twinkling πŸ’–Β 

• Shocked 1

That’s a really awesome thing to work on- I’m so proud of you!!! It’s kinda easy for me but sometimes it’s really hard to and that’s ok:) YEA I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! I purposefully put my bed next to the window so I can see the stars at night<3

13 minutes ago, _melanie_ said:

That’s a really awesome thing to work on- I’m so proud of you!!! It’s kinda easy for me but sometimes it’s really hard to and that’s ok:) YEA I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! I purposefully put my bed next to the window so I can see the stars at night<3

Yo I was blessed to be able to switch my room and now I have a skylight πŸ˜ƒ and thanks! It is hard but it sounds like you are doing great and working on good habits !Β 
we are mostly stardust anyway ☺️⭐️

Yo I was blessed to be able to switch my room and now I have a skylight πŸ˜ƒ Β and thanks! It is hard but it sounds like you are doing great and working on good habits !Β 
we are mostly stardust anyway β˜ΊοΈβ­οΈπŸ’«

Edited by Equivalent Ways

That’s right!! And dude- that’s seriously so cool- I want that In my future house😍✨⭐️

4 minutes ago, _melanie_ said:

That’s right!! And dude- that’s seriously so cool- I want that In my future house😍✨⭐️

Ya ya! It’s so nice yo def be taking notes ✍🏽 πŸ˜‚ I always gravitate towards windows, and I live in a town Β it a city you see so I can see the stars well but other mountain creatures are there too πŸ˜…

OH MY GOSH THATS SOOOO COOOLLLLL!!!!! I dream to be someone like you πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’—β­οΈ

2 hours ago, _melanie_ said:

OH MY GOSH THATS SOOOO COOOLLLLL!!!!! I dream to be someone like you πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’—β­οΈ

woah, πŸ˜… what did I do?? haha But I can try and help you with advice, even though I am not great at it and am still figuring things out! :D🌟

Nothing lol I just wish I had a house like that- thank you!!! You’re so sweet^^ it’s okay tho lol tysm

10 hours ago, _melanie_ said:

Nothing lol I just wish I had a house like that- thank you!!! You’re so sweet^^ it’s okay tho lol tysm

Np lol πŸ‘

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 5/26/2023 at 11:49 PM, _melanie_ said:

Hi there, I noticed that you are fairly new here so I just wanted to say helloΒ πŸ™‚. It's lovely to have you here. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I can see that you have already spoken to @Equivalent WaysΒ about what's been going on for you but I just wanted to check if you wanted any additional support around the panic attacks you've been experiencing? We're here for you if you need us.Β 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 5/26/2023 at 11:42 PM, Equivalent Ways said:

Oh my effin gawd,Β  so I'm not the only one then πŸ’€πŸ™ legit I can't underscore how relatable this is, I'm like in a tank of water and it is rising above my head and I can't breath among other symptoms...during convo and the other person like my mom for example is talking about ukuleles or her experience at the health insurance place, and I do care i swear!! But i am sorry I don't have an answer for you, lets try to figure it out together tho πŸ« πŸ‘

Hi there, thanks for sharing what it feels like for you. You're always really good at describing the different emotions and feelings you're experiencing and the impact it has on you. I can see that you have already talked to @_melanie_Β about it. Would you like to talk about it a bit more or are you good for now?Β 

Staff-Account.png