This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

I need the right word for how I’m feeling

TinyDinos Β  Β 

5 minutes ago, Sad Sprout said:

Thank you so much for the kind words Ways πŸ’š

pretty much everything. My hair, eyes, skin tone, everything looks like him. Even the way I talk and think people compare to him :(

Yeah ofc

Well, I may not have really seen ur hair, but i am sure it is beautiful, it probably smells nice, you take such good care of it after all(you told me that you have a hair care routine;) and I am sure it is beautiful wild or tameπŸ’œ

Your eyes, well i can also only imagine πŸ˜… I have a feeling they are not anyone elses but yours, and they show how YOU are feeling(cuz.they.are.yours) and well i cant say a ton about talking either haha but I have a feeling you don't sound like him. I have a feeling you are beautifully you.

• Thanks 1

lol, I think i would feel a lot worse if i pointed out and told myself the story that I looked like my dad haha....πŸ˜…

BUT NUOOH

I am my own humanπŸ« πŸ‘

• Hug 1

heyyyyyyyyyyy @Sad Sprout >:/ I just realized in your profile it claims you have no friends or family... Then what am I to yOoOouUu?

Lol dont worry, im just joking around while trying to make a pointπŸ˜…

And we can work together if u want to figure out why you 'keep hurting people' ':)

6 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

heyyyyyyyyyyy @Sad Sprout >:/ I just realized in your profile it claims you have no friends or family... Then what am I to yOoOouUu?

Lol dont worry, im just joking around while trying to make a pointπŸ˜…

And we can work together if u want to figure out why you 'keep hurting people' ':)

I’m sorry, that’s fair haha.Β 
and I really would like that πŸ’š

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sad Sprout said:

I’m sorry, that’s fair haha.Β 
and I really would like that πŸ’š

lol, hit em with hard claims logic :P (even though that is not what i did XD)

Yeah? Very cool, I learn more about me too with this stuff😊 being a human is a weird thing ya know, and I commend you/us for taking it head onπŸ’ͺ❀️

11 hours ago, Sad Sprout said:

Yeah that’s right. I don’t really have much support, and it’s not like my mom doesn’t care, it’s more like the best she can do is tell me that she’s sorry that it happened and that things went this way. I know she’s just as stuck as I am and it sucks. I’m not seeing my dad because he refused to see my sisters and I in person, and followed up with disowning me. So I haven’t even heard from him since this all happened a few weeks ago. Basically no, I’m not seeing him in person, nor are my sisters. I don’t think that being in public would stop him if he wanted to hurt us, but it gives me more peace of mind that the only way to get to my house from there isn’t through him like how it was at his house.

Yeah and it kinda sucks. I find that the things I liked most about myself are directly connected to him and it hurts so badly. I’d probably tell them that they are the only person who makes decisions for themselves, and that it is unfortunate that they went through something so rough, but they can make the most of a bad situation and look at the type of person their abuser is and work extra hard to stay away from those behaviors in their own lives.Β 
Unfortunately though I know that doesn’t stop the intrusive thoughts from happening or being believable :(

Thank you for all of your support

Hey there,

Thank you for being so open and vulnerable with us when talking about this. I just want you to know that if we ever ask a question that you don't feel comfortable answering, please know that you absolutely do not have to answer, and please let us know if you want to change the topic. I am just aware of how emotionally challenging your experiences are and have been, and that talking about them might be quite triggering for you.

I can see what you said about how with a friend that they are the only person who makes decisions for themselves, and you are totally right. You have all of the power and strength you need to be the kind of person you want to be. Given your experiences, it's completely normal to be scared of becoming just like the parent who abused you. I just want you to know that your emotional awareness and ability to reflect is going to help you so much in becoming the person you want to be. You are so deeply aware and reflective. What do you think? Also, the advice you'd give to a friend in this position, how do you think that links to your situation?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e