How do you conquer PTSD?

Blc    

Hi guys I've got a query for you all. 

How do you conquer PTSD? I, only ask because I'm tired of staying in the house all day, but I'm too scared to go out because I think everyone will judge me, even though that probably isn't the case, but in my head, I think everyone will see me and be like ugh look at him! He's mental and disabled, and try to hurt me mentally and physically, no one's ever gotten physical with me but their words hurt like physical pain, this one boy in my old school, was the worst, he hated me and I hated him back, everyone in my family hates him, because he and a few others hurt me, but it was mainly him, for gods sake he once bit me right above the belly button, keep in mind we were like, 5 or 6 so year one ig, so I lost my innocence at a young age because of him I don't even go to family gatherings half of the time, yeah I'm bad even when it comes to meeting family, I didn't even want to go to my grandads and uncles funeral because there were more people there than I was comfortable, I still went of course, but despite the event I still felt uncomfortable. 

I'm writing this post because we'll, I need to go out, I want to see the world and I want to see my gf, but I need to conquer this fear before anything, I'm supposed to start this thing called travel training at school, I agreed to it because I'm excited to get out, go on, a bus properly, and maybe if that works out I can branch out and meet up with friends, the person I'm with is only 2 hours and something away by car so it would be nice, but before that I need to conquer this fear, because I'm honestly shit scared of going anywhere any ideas? 

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, Blc said:

Hi guys I've got a query for you all. 

How do you conquer PTSD? I, only ask because I'm tired of staying in the house all day, but I'm too scared to go out because I think everyone will judge me, even though that probably isn't the case, but in my head, I think everyone will see me and be like ugh look at him! He's mental and disabled, and try to hurt me mentally and physically, no one's ever gotten physical with me but their words hurt like physical pain, this one boy in my old school, was the worst, he hated me and I hated him back, everyone in my family hates him, because he and a few others hurt me, but it was mainly him, for gods sake he once bit me right above the belly button, keep in mind we were like, 5 or 6 so year one ig, so I lost my innocence at a young age because of him I don't even go to family gatherings half of the time, yeah I'm bad even when it comes to meeting family, I didn't even want to go to my grandads and uncles funeral because there were more people there than I was comfortable, I still went of course, but despite the event I still felt uncomfortable. 

I'm writing this post because we'll, I need to go out, I want to see the world and I want to see my gf, but I need to conquer this fear before anything, I'm supposed to start this thing called travel training at school, I agreed to it because I'm excited to get out, go on, a bus properly, and maybe if that works out I can branch out and meet up with friends, the person I'm with is only 2 hours and something away by car so it would be nice, but before that I need to conquer this fear, because I'm honestly shit scared of going anywhere any ideas? 

Hi there, thank you so much for opening up about what's been going on for you. It sounds like you have been through a lot and I am really sorry that you were treated like that. Please know that none of it was your fault and you should not have been treated like this. Did you get any support at the time?

It's great that you are asking for help and that you want go out and see your gf and see the world. I can tell that you are really determined to change your situation. You mentioned that you have PTSD. Do you mind me asking if this been diagnosed by a doctor? I'm just asking so I can make sure that we support you in the right way. 

Staff-Account.png

It hasn't been diagnosed no, but I think that that's what I have because anytime I think about going out my mind returns to how bad  I got treated and then it scares me from doing all the things I want to do and in my house, that's my comfort zone so to go out into the world is a big step for me, there's probably kids the same age as me in my neighbourhood but I wouldn't know because I don't go out and my road doesn't really have much pavement, it's like a little bit of pavement and then road that cuts through the middle so it would be hard to hang out in my neighbourhood. 

And No, I didn't get help at the time because I actually have no idea why, but I just kept it inside and never really told anyone, I've never been good at telling people things tbf but I never really did and I didn't have you guys or any kind of therapist even then. My, life would probably be different if I had but I just don't trust people so I hide myself behind this wall, and when I want to cry I don't, I just bottle it up and I don't dare to show people how weak I can be, I refuse to and I don't understand why 

Hey there,

I can see what you said about how you hide behind a wall and don't dare show people how weak you are, and I'm wondering, what is it you mean when you say how weak you can be? What is it that makes you weak?

Also, with the PTSD, I can see that there was a boy who treated you badly when you were younger, and I am thinking, would you find it helpful to talk a little bit more about that? If so, we could even talk on confidential support. There's absolutely no pressure to by the way, whatever you feel comfortable with. Take care. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• Digital Mentor
On 4/26/2023 at 7:44 PM, Blc said:

It hasn't been diagnosed no, but I think that that's what I have because anytime I think about going out my mind returns to how bad  I got treated and then it scares me from doing all the things I want to do and in my house, that's my comfort zone so to go out into the world is a big step for me, there's probably kids the same age as me in my neighbourhood but I wouldn't know because I don't go out and my road doesn't really have much pavement, it's like a little bit of pavement and then road that cuts through the middle so it would be hard to hang out in my neighbourhood. 

And No, I didn't get help at the time because I actually have no idea why, but I just kept it inside and never really told anyone, I've never been good at telling people things tbf but I never really did and I didn't have you guys or any kind of therapist even then. My, life would probably be different if I had but I just don't trust people so I hide myself behind this wall, and when I want to cry I don't, I just bottle it up and I don't dare to show people how weak I can be, I refuse to and I don't understand why 

Hi there, I can see that Monsoon has already replied to you. I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? Would you like to talk about this some more? From what you've been telling us I get the impression that you are really determined to change your situation and I'm just wondering, what kind of support you would find helpful right now? We're here for you. 

Staff-Account.png

heyyy @Blc, gosh I can't believe i am excited about this🙄 lol its just cuz i love helping ppl with trauma and PTSD, i have gone through a lot of it too.

But really, I am so sorry that happened to you. You don't have to tell me more, but you are already very brave for wanting to more forward, I commend that.❤️

I see this thread was from a little bit ago.. how are you doing now?

3 hours ago, Blc said:

I'm doing better I guess I've got this lady who comes to see me every Wednesday so I can talk about it so I'm doing better 

ah ok, yes, expressing these things is very valuable to a growing process. Sounds like you have people to support you, that helps ':)

• Thanks 1

• Digital Mentor
On 5/7/2023 at 3:40 PM, Blc said:

I'm doing better I guess I've got this lady who comes to see me every Wednesday so I can talk about it so I'm doing better 

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're doing better. I'm really glad to hear that you are getting support now. Is there anything in particular that you find helpful when you see the lady? I'm only asking, because it can be good to think about the things we find helpful so we can remind ourselves of it, if we need to. 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Blc said:

Well, I think she's there to help build up my confidence in going out in the world so definitely that 

it can be scary as fuuuuuuuu after smth like that, so confidence and self-esteem(for me) are really important

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, Blc said:

Well, I think she's there to help build up my confidence in going out in the world so definitely that 

That's brilliant. From what you told us before, I get the impression that you're really determined to make this happen and building up your confidence sounds like a great first step. You've got this! 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png