This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Bro come here if you got ban from TS during the protest

Babyface-Kaz    

4 hours ago, Ghost of Rain said:

If you have an adblocker you can block the big welcome banner

I did that pretty much right away lol

my browser does have a default adblocker but it didnt work so im still wondering why

39 minutes ago, sevan said:

my browser does have a default adblocker but it didnt work so im still wondering why

It doesn't block it automatically because it's not an ad, but you can set up a custom filter to block it

(I also set up custom filters to block the popular/latest post blocks from the main forum page because they were in the way and both are also on the what's happening tab XD)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of Rain said:

It doesn't block it automatically because it's not an ad, but you can set up a custom filter to block it

(I also set up custom filters to block the popular/latest post blocks from the main forum page because they were in the way and both are also on the what's happening tab XD)

i see. might as well figure it out in the settings

Just now, sevan said:

how to block the big ass welcum screen

What adblocker do you use?

You might be able to right-click and block the element from the menu there

Or if you use ublock, the filter is "forums.ditchthelabel.org###yt__acme_slider_header"

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sevan said:

the automatic adblock that opera gx has 

That seems to be easylist syntax, so theoretically I think the filter I gave should work for you too unless there's something in the documentation I missed? (If it doesn't work you might need a space after the first two hashtags)

• Like 1

Just now, Ghost of Rain said:

That seems to be easylist syntax, so theoretically I think the filter I gave should work for you too unless there's something in the documentation I missed? (If it doesn't work you might need a space after the first two hashtags)

Or you can ignore this if you've already gotten it on your own via the right-click menu XD

• Like 1

Just now, Ghost of Rain said:

where do i insert the documentation though?

Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_10.49.13_AM.png?width=1236&height=651

1 minute ago, sevan said:

where do i insert the documentation though?

Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_10.49.13_AM.png?width=1236&height=651

Hmm I'm not familiar with Opera's adblocker but looking it up it seems the only way to manually add custom filters is via making a custom list. (Whether or not you do this depends on how important blocking this thing is to you XD)

It seems like lists can go in text files, but I don't really know the syntax. I'd probably try to make a .txt file with just that filter in it on a single line and then see if there's an option to upload that as a custom list under the first manage lists section?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Rain said:

It seems like lists can go in text files, but I don't really know the syntax. I'd probably try to make a .txt file with just that filter in it on a single line and then see if there's an option to upload that as a custom list under the first manage lists section?

yeah there is an option to upload files to the custom list like this

Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_10.59.37_AM.png

Just now, sevan said:

yeah there is an option to upload files to the custom list like this

Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_10.59.37_AM.png

If you make a txt file with just the filter in it and upload it, does it block it properly? (Not really sure if it'll work or not but if you do want to block this thing it's worth a try)

• Like 1

If you make a txt file with just the filter in it and upload it, does it block it properly? (Not really sure if it'll work or not but if you do want to block this thing it's worth a try)

how do i do that? just add dot txt behind the documentation you already sent and click add? or do i have to download then upload the files. because if i plainly typed it in it didnt work

5 minutes ago, sevan said:

how do i do that? just add dot txt behind the documentation you already sent and click add? or do i have to download then upload the files. because if i plainly typed it in it didnt work

You have to create a file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad if you're on Windows) with a .txt extension (you can save it wherever), paste the filter into the file, and then link the file in opera (the entire path, starting in your home folder).

Edited by Ghost of Rain
  • Like 1

You have to create a file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad if you're on Windows) with a .txt extension (you can save it wherever), paste the filter into the file, and then link the file in opera (the entire path, starting in your home folder).

im on macbook so rip i guess

im on macbook so rip i guess

The default text editor for Mac I believe is apple textedit?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Rain said:

The default text editor for Mac I believe is apple textedit?

You should be able to do this all on pretty much any device, I just used Windows as an example because it's usually fairly safe to assume that any given person is using it XD

• Thanks 1

should i just let the file stay as a rich text document or change it into smth else? i did add the dot txt behind the file name though so it should save as a txt file right

Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_11.21.37_AM.png

2 minutes ago, sevan said:

should i just let the file stay as a rich text document or change it into smth else? i did add the dot txt behind the file name though so it should save as a txt file right

Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_11.21.37_AM.png

Is there a plain text option?

Just now, sevan said:

no. those are all the options

Okay, I looked it up. Ignore the formats list — there should be a "make plain text" option under the Formats section in the menu bar, so if you click that and then save it normally it should be correct?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Rain said:

Okay, I looked it up. Ignore the formats list — there should be a "make plain text" option under the Formats section in the menu bar, so if you click that and then save it normally it should be correct?

then i have no idea whats going on because theres no extra bar below the file format one

Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_11.31.40_AM.png?width=656&height=651 Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_11.32.37_AM.png?width=488&height=650

then i have no idea whats going on because theres no extra bar below the file format one

Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_11.31.40_AM.png?width=656&height=651 Screenshot_2022-11-17_at_11.32.37_AM.png?width=488&height=650

It's not in that section for some reason — it's in the menu bar at the top of the screen (the one with File/Edit/View/Format/Help)

• Like 1