Me and my family's relationship

_Kai_    

2 hours ago, lKail said:

Okay so I forgot to mention this last time, my dad said one of the reasons why I couldn't get a "boy" style haircut was because people would look at me and my family weird, and he said people might make fun of me at my new school.  -__-  Like WhAt-?

Hey there,

Ah, that sucks. How did it make you feel when he said that? Also, I'm wondering, what do you think he is trying to do when he says you couldn't get the haircut because people might make fun of you? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Tbh I think he's just scared people will question him about it.

Plus it just made me confused when he said that like I don't really care if people at my new school make fun of me like I'm used to it, but at least I could show my true self ^^

44 minutes ago, lKail said:

Plus it just made me confused when he said that like I don't really care if people at my new school make fun of me like I'm used to it, but at least I could show my true self ^^

He must be trying to hide his feelings

Yeah ngl he does that alot, the only time he does show his feelings is when hes drunk and arguing with my mom.

4 hours ago, lKail said:

Yeah ngl he does that alot, the only time he does show his feelings is when hes drunk and arguing with my mom.

That's sucks I hope he can express his feelings normally soon

Same

Dude I almost just teared up cuz my dad said "Whenever you get a girlfriend or a boyfriend you better treat them right and not cheat"... 

He's atleast opened to me getting a bf or even a gf ^^

IKR 

Like I wasn't expecting HIM to say that

14 hours ago, lKail said:

6 hours ago, lKail said:

Dude I almost just teared up cuz my dad said "Whenever you get a girlfriend or a boyfriend you better treat them right and not cheat"... 

Hey,

Yeah, he might be scared of people questioning him about it, and he could also be saying it just to protect you. What do you think? Also, that's so sweet what he said about a girlfriend or a boyfriend; how did that make you feel? :) 

It made me feel not hopeless and honestly good that he at least knows I won't just have a bf.

Also it could've been that he was drunk..? But I am hoping that was him saying that.

Also I don't know why he would have to protect me over a haircut

14 hours ago, lKail said:

It made me feel not hopeless and honestly good that he at least knows I won't just have a bf.

Also it could've been that he was drunk..? But I am hoping that was him saying that.

Also I don't know why he would have to protect me over a haircut

Hey there,

I'm wondering, could he want to protect you from people potentially teasing you over it? 

Yeah but tbh I just want to show my true self 

Like even if I do get teased idrc

Hey,

Yeah, I think that what your dad is saying is probably coming from a caring place if you know what I mean? I'm wondering, have you told him that you still want to show your true self even if you do get teased?

Yeah but he still doesn't agree as always.

Also wdym by the first part of like what you said-?

11 hours ago, lKail said:

Yeah but he still doesn't agree as always.

Also wdym by the first part of like what you said-?

Hey there,

So, when your dad said no to getting the boy haircut because of how people might look at your weirdly and that you might get teased, to me, this sounds like he said no to try and protect you. So, by stopping you from getting the haircut, it might be that he is trying to protect you. What do you think? 

Yeah he could be trying to protect me, but he knows I hate long hair. 

So I don't know how long I can deal with the long hair-

1 hour ago, lKail said:

Yeah he could be trying to protect me, but he knows I hate long hair. 

So I don't know how long I can deal with the long hair-

Hey there,

Yeah, I totally get why you would hate it. What does it feel like for you to have the long hair? For now, I'm wondering, could you potentially style it so it looks shorter? 

I tbh don't know how I could style it to look shorter, but yeah like I hate the look and feeling of having long hair well for myself.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:41 PM, lKail said:

Aww that's a start

On 4/19/2022 at 7:38 PM, lKail said:

I tbh don't know how I could style it to look shorter, but yeah like I hate the look and feeling of having long hair well for myself.

Hey,

Have you had a look online? Maybe you could search how to style long hair so it looks shorter? :) 

Actually I don't think I have, so I'll try.

16 hours ago, lKail said:

Actually I don't think I have, so I'll try.

Yeah, I think it would be good to have a look for inspiration online. Would you like to let us know what you find once you've had a look? :) 

Yeah I will, but I'll keep searching.